Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Light in this darkness

Aside from Ponder regressing, Musgrave's horrible play calling, & Frazier's inability to coach a football team, I have noticed some bright spots on our team.

First off, AP, wow man, NO ONE expected a season like this. He has really proved all doubters wrong, it sucks a season like this is going to waste and hasn't even helped open up our passing game.

The Wilfs, man they are great owners and want what is best for the team, I just wish they had a bit more football knowledge, I hope they look at a new offensive coordinator next year.

Our draft, Matt Kalil came as advertised! What a great pick, so far, he really provides hope for our offensive line. And wow Harrison Smith may be my new favorite player! For a rookie safety he is playing amazing, he will only grow and learn to play smarter! I can't wait! We have also had some other solid picks like Ellison, Wright, sad for Childs he was looking great, and so on. But we have a bright future if Spielman can keep it up working drafts like he did this year.

I just hope the Wilfs take a strong look at the team and say, we want a winner, no more of these "experiments" and lets give the kid time.

So many questions this offseason, even more than last season! I just look forward to a brighter tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bleedin Purple; 12-06-2012 at 06:02 PM.

vCash
    I'm 50/50 on the whole coaching staff change. I mean 2 years is really not enough time to change things. The one thing you look for is improvement and he's done that. Musgrave on the other hand...meh...I had doubts about him coming in do be honest. But our run offense has arguably never been better. Our pass offense is not good but let's be honest how many OC's could seriously do better with what we have to work with as WR's. Unless we make a splash in FA for a WR I'm still thinking we might be looking at 2014 as our break out year but it all depends on how Ponder grows.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Frazier should and will stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    That's what I think too, now I do think that he probably deserves the lame-duck year that's coming, 2013 is the last year he's contracted as HC, and I'm not going to stand on a table here and say that he should get a contract extension in the off-season. On the contrary I think that 2013 is going to be the deciding and defining year of his coaching tenure in Minnesota.

He's been part of a rebuild process that I have to say has gone pretty well. We still have all sorts of issues and flaws on our team, however we've had a great infusion of young talent, credit a lot of that to Spielman, but these guys don't play for Spielman, they play for Frazier. I'm not going to say that I expect rings next year, but we should be at the very least as competitive as we were this year when everything was clicking early on. Getting Cook back is going to mean a lot for our defense next year.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete:24612272
    Dear god I hope not he has no passion or emotion... We haven't had that since denny green

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekCzajkowski View Post
    Dear god I hope not he has no passion or emotion... We haven't had that since denny green
    I really hate this misconception. Frazier is a pretty good coach. Not his fault we have no offense.

vCash
    1. We have no idea how he coaches behind closed doors.

2. All coaching styles have been proven to work in the past. If you really want to fire him, you're going to have to come up with something better than his lack of emotions. Maybe you want Rex Ryan? Try the Jets

vCash
    I wouldn't have a problem with Frazier staying...and hell, I don't even remember who the guy is that's our DC but he's OK, too.....

the only coach I'd like gone is Musgrave....I liked him coming in...Duck alum like me, supposedly very creative.........we have seen ZERO creativity out of him, instead only a penchant to continue to attempt what's already been proven not to work

2 things about Frazier, tho. He's a defensive guy, so much of what goes on with our offense he's left up to Musgrave....and that's a huge problem. The other thing about Frazier is......we used to bash Childress for some of the things that would happen during a game (i.e. why go into somewhat of a prevent defense just because you have a small lead in the 3rd quarter).......well remember who Chili's DC was......that cover 2, can't get off the field on 3rd down defensive mindset has been an issue since Leslie was our DC...and continues now. Is it time to change defenses? With another draft focusing on defense (and WRs obviously) do we have the personnel to go man coverage more often?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete:24623538
    1. We have no idea how he coaches behind closed doors.

2. All coaching styles have been proven to work in the past. If you really want to fire him, you're going to have to come up with something better than his lack of emotions. Maybe you want Rex Ryan? Try the Jets
    No I don't want a Rex Ryan but I do want someone who gets our players ready to play. Is willing to adjust things at halftime and stop playing favorites game in and game out. (see Mike mccarthy/Bellichek(sp?) /Tomlin)