Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Greenway asks fans to get “super duper drunk”

Greenway should get super duper fined for asking fans to get “super duper drunk”
    Posted by Mike Florio
    December 5, 2012, 6:30 PM EST

As the Vikings prepare to host the Bears in a game that will go a long way toward determining whether they’ll have a domed stadium’s chance in a blizzard of making the playoffs, linebacker Chad Greenway has a request for the home team’s fans.

“Hopefully, they’re super duper drunk,” Greenway said recently, via the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “So drink liquor, not beer.”

Since the game begins at 12:00 p.m. CT, how can a fan get “super duper drunk”?

“I would say morning drinking,” Greenway said. “Why not? You could pull an all-nighter. Then you’d have the drunk, tired guys who will really be obnoxious.”

Last year, Pats quarterback Tom Brady made similar but far less over-the-top remarks in the days before a late-afternoon kickoff against the Chargers.

“Yeah, start drinking early,” Brady said at the time. “It’s a 4:15 game. They have a lot of time to get lubed up, come out here and cheer for the home team.”

The Patriots promptly issued a statement with tongue clumsily planted in cheek, explaining that Brady “wants everyone to drink a lot of water, stay hydrated.”

Binge drinking remains a serious problem in our society, and the NFL continues to struggle with striking the balance between selling beer to fans while also ensuring that those fans don’t become sufficiently intoxicated to ruin another fan’s experience at the game or an innocent stranger’s life while driving home. Public comments from players urging fans to get sloppy drunk become irresponsible in this context, especially since plenty of fans are young and male and more than happy to oblige the home team’s request for folks to be “super duper drunk.”

The league’s best response is simple. Greenway should be super duper fined, and any player who makes similar remarks in the future should be treated the same way.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-duper-drunk/
    I personally will be taking his advise....

vCash
    lol I saw this the other day. I love this guy

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    allrighty then chad !

vCash
    Haha, when he was interviewed by Greg Coleman on KFAN after last week's game he said pretty much the same thing, so it's not something that was spur of the moment. Chad Greenway is rich.

vCash
    Mike Florio should be fined for such an idiot article. No offense but I'm a grown *** man and Greenway telling fans to get drunk isn't going to persuade me one way or the other.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    I'm gonna get drunk now bc greenway told me to

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    I'm gonna get drunk now bc greenway told me to
    Ya **** it...me too

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0