Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Big al and millsap are the best duo per stats but I contribute that to chemistry and mins played. The worst defensive units this year so far has been favors and millsap and millsap and kanter. I think playing night in night out would allow for chemistry to be built between big al and favors. The more they play together the better they will know each others tendencies.

vCash
    I hate playing units. it is pretty obvious marvin is our best wing defender then hayward then a massive gap to the 3rd player. favors though rarely gets to play with marvin and until recently didn't get to play with hayward. so favors is constanlty dealing with players in the lane with him racking up fouls and the defense sometimes suffering

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I hate playing units. it is pretty obvious marvin is our best wing defender then hayward then a massive gap to the 3rd player. favors though rarely gets to play with marvin and until recently didn't get to play with hayward. so favors is constanlty dealing with players in the lane with him racking up fouls and the defense sometimes suffering
    Great point.

I would love to see an all defensive minded lineup

Watson
    Hayward
    Marvin
    Favors
    Al ( to score )
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    if we're playing guys for their defense, carroll needs to be in there. the guy's an animal.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    if we're playing guys for their defense, carroll needs to be in there. the guy's an animal.
    surpisingly his man to man defense isn't that great. he obviously makes plays, but if you were building a base defense hayward and marvin are better.

vCash
    maybe. but damn, when he's in there... his defense on cp3 late in the game was solid.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    he can apply pressure well, but because of lack of playing time he get burnt at times. this was according to what I herd from synergy and that can be wrong

vCash
    i'm not a big stats person, i leave that to people with more patience with numbers than me, but from watching the games, we're a different team on defense when he's in there. i still giggle when i think of 2 straight turnovers he caused in the back-court. he's pure hustle, and he's worked on his shot in the offseason. when saying he wasn't terrible at the 3, i was thinking more of the timing of his shots. he's not good enough to feel confident and overshoot, but he picks his spots well. when he makes 3s, it stops a run by the other team or puts the game out of reach.

i love hustle guys like him. when we get lax on defense, he always sparks us.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

-Portman

vCash
    I wish Burks had the same mentality as Carroll. Carroll has become indispensable and has found a niche in the team. Granted, Burks needs more time, but when he gets his time he should try and find a niche. Evans has one for amazing highlight dunks. And sometimes thats needed in a blow out.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123