Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lansing Two

37 60.66%
  • Travis D'Arnaud

24 39.34%
Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Wow..Aaron Judge at 17...He's 6'7 and 240. I wish we had 2 picks.

What a tank...he's only 20! Says he can take a walk. Just needs to make contact. Adam Dunn clone.
    Trey Ball is interesting too, he's already 6'6 and pitches as well as plays the outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Wow..Aaron Judge at 17...He's 6'7 and 240. I wish we had 2 picks.

What a tank...he's only 20! Says he can take a walk. Just needs to make contact. Adam Dunn clone.
    Yeah could be a sleeper in the draft.
    Last edited by Sanyo; 12-10-2012 at 01:43 PM.

vCash
    I think this year AA goes for the big bat, even college. Few good one's like Bryant and Wilson.

If not can't go wrong with Mark Appel who I think could still be available at #10. Even though he's a Boras client, you can try to low ball him a deal since he's a senior and if he doesnt sign this year he's pretty much fudged. Get a few years out of him and trade him before arb.

Or just go with a young upside arm -- cant go wrong.

Either way decisions, decisions as I don't see the Jays getting another protected pick for a little while (if all goes well and we all know thats never a guarantee).

vCash
    Looks extremely likely that appel is going to be the first overall pick. It's a pipe dream to even think he'll fall to the Jays

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Looks extremely likely that appel is going to be the first overall pick. It's a pipe dream to even think he'll fall to the Jays
    Not too sure, i see Meadows going first. but i agree i dont see Appel droping to 10

vCash
    Short memory.

He was 1 and 1A with Giolito most of last year and slipped to #8...and that's when he had some leverage as a Junior. As a Senior, his leverage is significantly diminished. He could go anywhere next summer and no one should be surprised.
    Last edited by Krylian; 12-10-2012 at 07:41 PM.

vCash
    Astros didn't take Appel 1st last time and I'm guessing they'll repeat that trend. Guy has way less leverage this year and if he still has ridiculous demands, the teams at the top are going to be better off saving some money on their first pick and then getting another guy who fell later on with the extra money (like what the Astros did getting Correa at 1 and then McCullers at 41).

And I don't see it happening but Bryant or Wilson would be such a good fit.

vCash
    If Appel were to fall to us we'd be ****ing stupid not to take him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    I think this year AA goes for the big bat, even college. Few good one's like Bryant and Wilson.

If not can't go wrong with Mark Appel who I think could still be available at #10. Even though he's a Boras client, you can try to low ball him a deal since he's a senior and if he doesnt sign this year he's pretty much fudged. Get a few years out of him and trade him before arb.

Or just go with a young upside arm -- cant go wrong.

Either way decisions, decisions as I don't see the Jays getting another protected pick for a little while (if all goes well and we all know thats never a guarantee).
    I agree, we've always wanted a bat and they've gone pitching lol but can't blame them except for the Deck pick.

But we need to find that heir apparant to Jose and start developing one in our farm and this would be the perfect year with a top 10 pick.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    ^agree^

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    I think you just have to go best player available, regardless of position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I agree, we've always wanted a bat and they've gone pitching lol but can't blame them except for the Deck pick.

But we need to find that heir apparant to Jose and start developing one in our farm and this would be the perfect year with a top 10 pick.
    Isn't that the exact type of thinking why Jays fans batter and destroy Ricciardi for when he passed on Tulowitzki for Romero?

All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Converged View Post
    I think you just have to go best player available, regardless of position.
    and if there is no clear winner in who is the next best player...then the question asks itself again.

vCash
    Isn't that the exact type of thinking why Jays fans batter and destroy Ricciardi for when he passed on Tulowitzki for Romero?
    People weren't bashing him in 2011 for choosing Ricky when he looked like our future ace. However, no one can really blame people for bashing JP and his scouting department. We also passed on Andrew McCutchen in 2005 when we took Romero. He then went into 2007 with 3 first round picks...and failed to take a kid named Giancarlo Stanton with any one of them.. He also could have taken Mike Trout in 2009 when he drafted Chad Jenkins out of no where....

I know hindsight is 20/20...but looking back on those drafts it just hurts to know the kind of talent that was out there to be had...JP simply failed year after year at finding them.

I know JP wanted to compete sooner rather then later, but we missed out on several superstar level position players under JP...not just Tulo. I would say choosing Ricky wasn't anywhere near the biggest oversight made by JP and his scouts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    People weren't bashing him in 2011 for choosing Ricky when he looked like our future ace. However, no one can really blame people for bashing JP and his scouting department. We also passed on Andrew McCutchen in 2005 when we took Romero. He then went into 2007 with 3 first round picks...and failed to take a kid named Giancarlo Stanton with any one of them.. He also could have taken Mike Trout in 2009 when he drafted Chad Jenkins out of no where....

I know hindsight is 20/20...but looking back on those drafts it just hurts to know the kind of talent that was out there to be had...JP simply failed year after year at finding them.

I know JP wanted to compete sooner rather then later, but we missed out on several superstar level position players under JP...not just Tulo. I would say choosing Ricky wasn't anywhere near the biggest oversight made by JP and his scouts.
    The big difference with picking Romero over Tulowitzki was that it was publicly revealed that the majority of the Jays scouts and front office favored Tulowitzki over Romero. But Ricciardi overruled them by saying the team needed pitching and it would be difficult to attract free agent pitchers to Toronto.

So this is not a 20/20 hindsight case. This is a prime example of what not going after the best player available and not listening to scouts and front office can do.

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast