Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lansing Two

37 60.66%
  • Travis D'Arnaud

24 39.34%
Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

Hitting prospects on the other hand....we don't have very much at all. Hopefully Lawrie and JPA will take the next step this season and hit more like they did in the minor leagues, cause more help isn't really on the way. Without D'Arnaud or Marisnick we no longer have anyone even sniffing the BA top 100 ,the only depth in AAA that we have is Anthony Gose .....and David Cooper (if he counts).

I hope AA gets a couple big time college bats in this upcoming draft if they are available to him.
    I want Aaron Judge.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    I want Aaron Judge.
    I would prefer someone with a bit more in game power then during a HR competition...but I do like the fact that he is 6'7 and walked more then he struck out last year with a foolish OBP. Someone that may fly up the board if he has a solid season this year.

vCash
    Thoughts on AA using his pick to grab a catcher? Reese McGuire and Jeremy Martinez both seem to have great upside at the position and are currently projected as early-mid first round picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Thoughts on AA using his pick to grab a catcher? Reese McGuire and Jeremy Martinez both seem to have great upside at the position and are currently projected as early-mid first round picks.
    I was also thinking Jeremy Martinez as well who's got a big bat and above average defense. Jays have Nessy and Jimenez but they are both hit or miss at this point.

A catcher with a big bat never hurts. Jays are still loaded with arms and outfielders. So I would go with a catcher with a good bat.

Colin Moran could be available at 10th as well -- big bat with low bb/so ratio as well. Plays 3rd, could move to 1st if need be.

But go with the best at that point.
    Last edited by Sanyo; 12-19-2012 at 12:47 PM.

vCash
    Best player available, especially with the 1st rounder. In other rounds we can look at filling positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    I was also thinking Jeremy Martinez as well who's got a big bat and above average defense. Jays have Nessy and Jimenez but they are both hit or miss at this point.

A catcher with a big bat never hurts. Jays are still loaded with arms and outfielders. So I would go with a catcher with a good bat.

Colin Moran could be available at 10th as well -- big bat with low bb/so ratio as well. Plays 3rd, could move to 1st if need be.

But go with the best at that point.
    I was looking at a couple Mock Drafts and one had us taking Colin Moran and the other had us taking Jeremy Martinez.

After losing D'Arnaud, I'd still love to see the Jays have another Top Catcher on the farm. I'm not sure we'll be drafting high enough to grab one for the next few years and AA seems to be able to find good arms later in the draft

vCash
    you can't be looking at positions right now. We aren't gonna need any of these guys for a while so its best to draft the best available

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Take the BPA. Usually bad **** happens when you start picking by players by need. Case in point: Ricciardi picking Romero over Tulowitzki

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Why is it so important to draft a catcher all of a sudden? While we sent TDA in this last deal, it doesn't mean we have to draft another. A smart team always takes the best player available.

That aside, I'm not going to try to defend JPA, he had a 1.4WAR last year. As much as I would like that to read 4 or 5, its not going to happen. Keep in mind that Pat Borders had a -0.3WAR in '93, and that team had a bit of success. You can't have all stars at every position and I'm OK with that.

At least, he is a positive from all accounts in the clubhouse.

vCash
    Becerra has a long frame, listed at 6’4, 190 but he isn’t the typical super-slender projectable tools monsters of July 2, as there’s already some thickness to his frame and I wouldn’t be surprised if he is or will soon be well over 200 pounds. He runs well for his size and I didn’t get a great time but Becerra looked to be a below average runner, a far cry from when he had put up above average times in amateur workouts. His arm wasn’t overly impressive and my read was a left field profile, which is where he played exclusively in instructs.
    The 5’11, 170 pound athlete is very similar to Kenny Lofton, but the way Davis currently uses his tools makes him a different kind of player, though there’s plenty of time to adjustment. Davis’ log line is an attention-grabbing one: plus-plus speed, potential above average lefty power from a loose, quick twitch athlete. The tools are there to be an above average defender despite a below average arm but the real question is Davis’ feel for the game and how his impressive offensive tools will play in games.
    Jairo Labourt is a 6’4, 205-pound lefty that grew on me over two outings. Labourt signed last March on his 17th birthday for $350,000, playing in the DSL last season and making his American debut in the GCL for his age 18 season. He’ll sit 89-92 with his fastball and touch 93, mostly four seamers, often up in the zone. Labourt throws a slider with three-quarter tilt that he’ll get around at times and have inconsistent action, but flashes solid-average potential at 82-85 mph with tight late bite at times. He only threw a few changeups at 84-85 and they lacked life.
    FanGraphs - Reports from Instructs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    you can't be looking at positions right now. We aren't gonna need any of these guys for a while so its best to draft the best available
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Take the BPA. Usually bad **** happens when you start picking by players by need. Case in point: Ricciardi picking Romero over Tulowitzki
    My only dispute with the BPA theory is that so many variables come into play in evaluating these kids that are often years away from the majors such that BPA isn't always clear. With 2 catchers projected near our draft spot, I think it is reasonable to suggest that they could be BPA. Of course it is definitely early in the process. The draft is a long ways away still and many things will change prior.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Why is it so important to draft a catcher all of a sudden? While we sent TDA in this last deal, it doesn't mean we have to draft another. A smart team always takes the best player available.

That aside, I'm not going to try to defend JPA, he had a 1.4WAR last year. As much as I would like that to read 4 or 5, its not going to happen. Keep in mind that Pat Borders had a -0.3WAR in '93, and that team had a bit of success. You can't have all stars at every position and I'm OK with that.

At least, he is a positive from all accounts in the clubhouse.
    I wouldn't suggest it if the team would have to reach to get the C. But any player with great tools at a premium position is good to have coming up in the system. A great catcher is an exceptional asset for any team.

vCash
    AA will go BPA. but say at pick 10 theres a 3b and a catcher who he has rated the same. im not sure who he goes with. I'd personally go 3b, but i think AA would value having a stud catcher coming up with our young pitchers.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Fangraphs also had reports on Osuna and Smoral, Stroman and Tirado and Gonzales and DeJong

vCash
    Quick question...who are we going to break camp with in the bullpen?

Santos
    Janssen
    Oliver
    Delabar
    Loup
    Lincoln
    Cecil
    Rogers
    Jeffress

Can we send Jeffress and/or Rogers down to the minors?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Quick question...who are we going to break camp with in the bullpen?

Santos
    Janssen
    Oliver
    Delabar
    Loup
    Lincoln
    Cecil
    Rogers
    Jeffress

Can we send Jeffress and/or Rogers down to the minors?
    Theyre out of options so we may lose them through waivers if we send them down.

Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast