Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lansing Two

37 60.66%
  • Travis D'Arnaud

24 39.34%
Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    You want the good news or the bad news?

The good news is Osuna is now our 3rd best prospect.
    However, McGuire is now back at 7 and Alford is number 10 (and he doesn’t play baseball!)
    Looking forward to another year of minor ball to see how our specs…that are left shake out.

I’m concerned that if Happ isn’t traded that Nolin may get blocked.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Look what AA did with the farm when he first got here. By the time are team starts sliding in say 3-4 years are farm will be stocked again.
    were in the middle of a nice cycle right now.

AA is a god <3

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    I think that on the whole for our minor league system last year, prospects underwhelmed in terms of expectations. Let's hope for the opposite this year.

vCash
    Let's not forget we have lots of depth...we just need them all to step up now.

Plus, we don't really need a farm for the next 2 years...Where they going to play?
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post

However, McGuire is now back at 7 and Alford is number 10 (and he doesn’t play baseball!)
    Looking forward to another year of minor ball to see how our specs…that are left shake out.

We have the 8th overall pick in this years draft. We'll probably grab another top prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
    We have the 8th overall pick in this years draft. We'll probably grab another top prospect.
    10th...but close enough.

vCash

I did say Osuna has potential to be a #3 prospect by the end of 2013...but God damn he's probably #2 now behind Aaron Sanchez.

vCash
    Also, poor Aaron Sanchez -- losing both his buddies, he's gonna lonely without his two buds...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Also, poor Aaron Sanchez -- losing both his buddies, he's gonna lonely without his two buds...
    He better get used to it. It's lonely at the top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    I did say Osuna has potential to be a #3 prospect by the end of 2013...but God damn he's probably #2 now behind Aaron Sanchez.
    Man...if AA trades Osuna...you'll lose it. I'll be there with you. To much up side...you don't know yet...can't trade him.

Unless... we get a nice young big bat...I NOW want to hang on to all our young arms. Especially Osune...could be something special there.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    if a couple guys from the last 2 drafts have some good seasons than i can easily see this system being back in the top this time next year.

that is if we dont trade anymore guys haha

vCash

There's no harm leaving the kid in the minors. After what we saw last season, having too many starters is never a bad thing. You can lose two or three in a week, then you got Laffey and Jenkins starting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    There's no harm leaving the kid in the minors. After what we saw last season, having too many starters is never a bad thing. You can lose two or three in a week, then you got Laffey and Jenkins starting
    No harm at all. If we don't have to call a kid up early than why would we want to? I'm not sure why it is seen as a negative at all. Nolin hasn't even played Triple A baseball yet. Our AAA team isn't in Vegas anymore, we don't need to try and keep our best pitchers off the team anymore

vCash
    Jenkins didn't do that bad of a job. Pretty much his ceiling is a #5/spot starter, but a decent one.

I'm looking at McGuire right from the start this year. Either he makes his move to become a decent spec again, or he falls even farther off the cliff.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Our long term pitching situation still looks great. We have the following 3 waves of young arms over the next 4 or 5 years:

1) Hutchison, Drabek, Nolin,Stilson and Stroman- Most if not all could be solid bullpen arms if there is no room in our rotation when they are ready...and they all could be ready by 2014.

2)Sanchez and Osuna- They are a bit further away right now, but both look like they could be very good young starters in a couple years when we have some contracts expiring.

3)Norris, Cardona, Smoral, Tirado and Borucki (...plus others). The lower levels still have some very young bright looking young arms with high ceilings..

Hitting prospects on the other hand....we don't have very much at all. Hopefully Lawrie and JPA will take the next step this season and hit more like they did in the minor leagues, cause more help isn't really on the way. Without D'Arnaud or Marisnick we no longer have anyone even sniffing the BA top 100 ,the only depth in AAA that we have is Anthony Gose .....and David Cooper (if he counts).

I hope AA gets a couple big time college bats in this upcoming draft if they are available to him.

Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast