Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lansing Two

37 60.66%
  • Travis D'Arnaud

24 39.34%
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    I can see why he would want to play football and baseball, but as you pointed out... his football career has prettymuch gone down the drain. Quite honestly, he should come and play baseball, where he probably has a better chance to make a living.
    With the money the Jays paid him for essentially doing nothing, he could make a living without earning measly cheques playing minor league ball.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    There seems to be some confusion here. Some people(on other sites) are saying he can transfer to Ole Miss next year and play football next season for them. Play baseball Alford...come on now
    I think you are ineligable to play for a year after a transfer..

It makes sense as it prevents star emerging players from ****** programs to switch to the big schools after they break out

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    I think you are ineligable to play for a year after a transfer..

It makes sense as it prevents star emerging players from ****** programs to switch to the big schools after they break out
    The confusions stems from the guys over at DJF, some are saying one thing and others are saying differently. I admit I don't know much about the NCAA or it's rules so. If he can't play next year it's good news for us.

vCash
    He is also transferring to the SEC where his exposure will increase dramatically

vCash
    Yeah that was one thing I thought about. After the whirl wind he just went through, he may want to avoid all the press and enjoy some minor league ball. But he is an American QB so he's probably used to the attention.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amarsh06 View Post
    He is also transferring to the SEC where his exposure will increase dramatically
    it also means he will get killed by better teams

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    it also means he will get killed by better teams
    I'm afraid that it also means that he is still very committed to football

vCash
    I've never seen this A.J. Jimenez play but from his stats he looks like a good catching spec. Can some of our prospect guru's gime me a lttle more informed insight. Does the kid has a chance to be an everyday catcher or even better. It just got me thinking since there's been talk about TDA getting moved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I've never seen this A.J. Jimenez play but from his stats he looks like a good catching spec. Can some of our prospect guru's gime me a lttle more informed insight. Does the kid has a chance to be an everyday catcher or even better. It just got me thinking since there's been talk about TDA getting moved.
    I got the chance to watch him a bit early in the year with NH

he hits for a good average, makes a lot of contact, very little power though and more of a line drive guy, probably 5-10 HR a year if he becomes a ML regular. Great defender though, mobile behind the plate, he's quick to throw and has a pretty strong arm. All around a very good defender. He doesn't walk much but doesn't strike out a whole lot either. His athleticism goes beyond his defensive skills though, he's a very good runner, fast for a catcher, and smart on the base paths.

best case scenario: .290-.300 BA, .320-.340 OBP, 5-10 HR a year, 15-20 SB a year with some doubles and great D

vCash
    Everyone round here has one of those prospects that they just really like .... AJ Jiminez is that guy for me.

Hopeing to see a big year from him.

vCash
    when I watch Jimenez I think Jason Kendall with less plate discipline

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    I got the chance to watch him a bit early in the year with NH

he hits for a good average, makes a lot of contact, very little power though and more of a line drive guy, probably 5-10 HR a year if he becomes a ML regular. Great defender though, mobile behind the plate, he's quick to throw and has a pretty strong arm. All around a very good defender. He doesn't walk much but doesn't strike out a whole lot either. His athleticism goes beyond his defensive skills though, he's a very good runner, fast for a catcher, and smart on the base paths.

best case scenario: .290-.300 BA, .320-.340 OBP, 5-10 HR a year, 15-20 SB a year with some doubles and great D
    Thanks man you were the guy I was hoping would drop the info. Well A.J. sounds like a pretty solid spec then. Knowing that would make losing TDA a little less painful.

vCash
    Santiago Nessy is going to be a sleeper for the Jays as far as catching is concerned...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Thanks man you were the guy I was hoping would drop the info. Well A.J. sounds like a pretty solid spec then. Knowing that would make losing TDA a little less painful.
    the only issue is that he doesn't really walk or have power - a guy like that, you have to wonder if he'll still be able to make enough contact against major league pitching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Santiago Nessy is going to be a sleeper for the Jays as far as catching is concerned...
    yeah, tons of power and defense isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. still a ton of swing-and-miss though

but he has a cool name so he's destined to succeed

Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast