Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lansing Two

37 60.66%
  • Travis D'Arnaud

24 39.34%
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well last year Tulowitzki would have fit right in with the Jays since he was injured for almost 3/4th of the season...

vCash
    I'll take Tulowitzki over Romero any day of the week even if Romero was still pitching well.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    I agree JP failed on Tulo but Rickey up until last year look like a solid pick. As for missing out on Trout and Stanton one was the 25th pick and the other was the 76th pick I don't think JP was alone. It's more about good scouting by the Angels and Marlins then a knock on everyone else.

vCash
    McMurphyESPN
    Southern Miss true freshman QB Anthony Alford, who started 5 games this season, has been granted release from school

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fatkev78 View Post
    McMurphyESPN
    Anyone know what this means?

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi..._released.html

Alford would be free to transfer to another school to play football, though he would have to sit out the 2013 season under NCAA rules. However, he is ineligible to play college baseball at any school after accepting a $750,000 signing bonus from the Blue Jays
    So his options are "sit out 2013 season" and try football at another school or join the Blue Jays? Am I understanding that correctly?

vCash
    ^^ Yes, I think you're right, either way he should be able to play almost a full season of minor league ball, as they are pretty much finished when school starts as he won't need to go back early to prepare for football like last year.

vCash
    @BAHighSchool
    buzz in the college FB circles that Alford is looking to transfer to Ole Miss, but hasn't been granted release.
    That's from Dec 6th.

vCash
    Good news for the Jays! He'll focus squarely on baseball in 2013 and its highly unlikely any school is going to give him a starting job in 2014. Hopefully he gets on with the baseball career now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Good news for the Jays! He'll focus squarely on baseball in 2013 and its highly unlikely any school is going to give him a starting job in 2014. Hopefully he gets on with the baseball career now...
    He may be trying to transfer schools. You would be surprised who might give him a chance, though I think you're right about the starting part.

Would sure be nice to have him focus on baseball though. Does seem to have some character issues that need straightening out, but he's still really young.

vCash
    Sucks for Alford but good for the Jays.. if he can play a full season and post good numbers, maybe he'll realize that Baseball is the right choice for him

If he switches schools, it will more than likely mean that he won't get to play for 2 years

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    Sucks for Alford but good for the Jays.. if he can play a full season and post good numbers, maybe he'll realize that Baseball is the right choice for him

If he switches schools, it will more than likely mean that he won't get to play for 2 years
    Yes.

He has only one logical option at this point. I pity the fool who throws at his head.

vCash
    At this point, from what I've read, it would be extremely foolish for Alford to chase his football dreams. Coming off a team who went 0-12, poor performances(obviously) and potential weapons charges...his football career is over. And I'm not just saying this because I want him to play baseball but the odds are stacked heavily against him. If I'm an NFL scout there's a hundred guys I choose before him especially at such a deep position in the sport.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Great news...AA with the long shot coming good. Nice.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    There seems to be some confusion here. Some people(on other sites) are saying he can transfer to Ole Miss next year and play football next season for them. Play baseball Alford...come on now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    There seems to be some confusion here. Some people(on other sites) are saying he can transfer to Ole Miss next year and play football next season for them. Play baseball Alford...come on now
    I can see why he would want to play football and baseball, but as you pointed out... his football career has prettymuch gone down the drain. Quite honestly, he should come and play baseball, where he probably has a better chance to make a living.

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast