Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lansing Two

37 60.66%
  • Travis D'Arnaud

24 39.34%
Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    We went from 1st to 22nd because we traded d'Arnaud, Syndergaard and Justin Nicolino? That seems.... well, rather odd to me.

Not saying they're in the top 5 anymore but to say they dropped 21 places because of that seems absurd. That means they were horribly overrated last year or that d'Arnaud/Syndergaard should be getting hall of fame votes next offseason.

I usually really like Sickles but that ranking feels really off - mid teens feels right to me IMO.
    It wasn't just Travis D'Arnaud, Noah Syndergaard and Justin Nicolino. They also traded Adeiny Hechavarria and Jake Marisnick who were both pretty good prospects for the Blue Jays at this time last year. Anthony Gose and Drew Hutchison are no longer considered prospects as well.

The Blue Jays currently have no one who has played at Dunedin or better who would qualify as a top 100 prospect. I don't understand why some Blue Jays fans think the farm system is still really good. There's a bunch of pieces in the system that might develop into strong prospects in the future, but other than Sanchez (who is also several years away in all likelihood) the farm system is pretty empty.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipmike View Post
    2013 MLB.com Top 100 prospects

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2013/index.jsp

Jays
    35. Aaron Sanchez
    90. Roberto Osuna

Traded Jays
    6. Travis D'Arnaud (#1 C)
    29. Noah Syndergaard (#10 RHP)
    70. Jake Marisnick
    72. Justin Nicolino (#7 LHP)
    82. Adeiny Hechavarria
    It nice and a surprise to see Osuna on there. He's STILL not 18. He could be our Jose Fernandez.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipmike View Post
    2013 MLB.com Top 100 prospects

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2013/index.jsp

Jays
    35. Aaron Sanchez
    90. Roberto Osuna

Traded Jays
    6. Travis D'Arnaud (#1 C)
    29. Noah Syndergaard (#10 RHP)
    70. Jake Marisnick
    72. Justin Nicolino (#7 LHP)
    82. Adeiny Hechavarria
    Looks like AA sold high on Marisnick and low on TDA.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    I think everyone knew, and had d'Arnaud ranked in the Top 10.

vCash
    Just took another look at the farm. it really is decimated. There's not very making the big leagues any time soon. Its nice to see a wave brewing in rookie ball though. Wouldn't be suprised if we were a top 5 farm again in a couple years, with Aaron Sanchez as our top prospect. I keep forgetting about this Franklin Barreto kid too, he has promise.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    I'm shocked Syndergaard is getting ranked higher than Sanchez.

IMO by the end of the year Sanchez gets a taste of AA and he'll be in the top8-13. If he stays in the minors for another year after that, top 4 maybe 3.
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 02-01-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I'm shocked Syndergaard is getting ranked higher than Sanchez.

IMO by the end of the year Sanchez gets a taste of AA and he'll be in the top8-13. If he stays in the minors for another year after that, top 4 maybe 3.
    Syndergaard has superior command to Sanchez. That's the reason him being ranked higher. If Sanchez can get his command to the point where it needs to be, then he no doubt has the stuff and ability to be a Top 10 prospect. That's really the only thing holding him back...the stuff is fantastic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Syndergaard has superior command to Sanchez. That's the reason him being ranked higher. If Sanchez can get his command to the point where it needs to be, then he no doubt has the stuff and ability to be a Top 10 prospect. That's really the only thing holding him back...the stuff is fantastic.
    Spot on. His curve ball and fastball are a thing of beauty. The curveball has late sharp break, while the fastball has explosive movement. If you have not seen any videos, Dol-Fan has some posted on his youtube channel
    Last edited by Farsight; 02-01-2013 at 12:29 PM.

vCash
    double post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    It nice and a surprise to see Osuna on there. He's STILL not 18. He could be our Jose Fernandez.
    forgive my ignorance but who in the hell is jose fernandez?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    forgive my ignorance but who in the hell is jose fernandez?
    Marlins top pitching prospect who is 7th on MLB.com's list just behind of TDA.

Was highly touted in 2011 when he was picked 14th overall by Miami. He was ranked 22nd last season then had an absolute UNREAL year in the minors. He went from Rk ball to A+ ball in less than a year and was one of the best pitchers. He has a lot of strengths but his command is his strong point. He is only 19 years old.

If Sanchez can dominate this season and improve his command he can easily make a jump to the top 10 next season; just like Fernandez.

vCash
    Also the Jays 2013 top 20 on MLB.com is coming out on Tuesday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    Spot on. His curve ball and fastball are a thing of beauty. The curveball has late sharp break, while the fastball has explosive movement. If you have not seen any videos, Dol-Fan has some posted on his youtube channel
    Bah! I've had The Dirty Sanchez ahead of Syndi this whole past year. Seen them both LIVE a bunch of times to tell you that Sanchez's upside is way better. (If Sanchez got traded instead of Syndi, I would still have the same evaluation)

vCash
    I have no problem with being ranked 22nd and Im actually surprised we're that high..

We've lost pretty much everyone that was a part of the top 10 last year minus Sanchez

Traded: TDA, Marisnick, Nicolino
    Graduated: Hutchison, Gose
    Sucks balls: McGuire

Not to mention all the depth guys we lost and many of our lower minors guys struggling

At this point, this is a very week system with very few and i mean very few guys that have actually delivered in the minor leagues

As for the Syndergaard over Sanchez, i can't help but feel that this has something to do with the New York factor. I think everyone here would have probably traded Synder before Sanchez and I'm sure the Mets would have taken Sanchez as well. So this ranking doesn't make much sense if you think abotu it that way

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Also interesting to note that 23 of the 100 top prospects were signed as International Free Agents. The Jays only had links to two; Hech and Osuna.

It is possible to maintain a contender and have high ceiling guys in your systems simultaneously as the Rangers, Cardinals and Rays have proved that in recent years. The Jays have been very aggressive in trying to sign IFA; but the difference is getting the right ones and developing them properly. They have been doing a good job thus far but they need to take it to the next level as these types of acquisitions and development will go a long way to the Jays' success.

Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast