Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lansing Two

37 60.66%
  • Travis D'Arnaud

24 39.34%
Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Yay another 50 game ban on minor league for possibly taking weed. Cause of course no executives in the MLB office or teams smoke weed or other recreational drugs. Clearly these archaic rules on recreation drugs are really going to help these guys stop doing them....of course only up until they reach the 40 man roster when the MLB stops caring.
    That is the part that makes no sense to me. There was some guy going on about this on the Blue Jays site and how he needs to be a role model and blah blah blah. I couldn't help point out this little fact to him. Plus all those kids that look up to minor leaguers.

Strange rule. My assumption is the union wouldn't agree to suspensions on non-PEDs and the league office knew it was a stupid thing to get hung up on. That is the only explanation that makes any sense to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Im pretty sure AA was high when he re-signed Jeff Mathis

vCash
    Sean Nolin interview from mlb.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Korac View Post
    Yup, you're not allowed to do weed, any more than steroids, in pro sports.
    Technically, marijuana isn't against the MLB's drug policy. It's only in the minor league systems in which its illegal and really it's stupid that they aren't following the same policies as MLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Technically, marijuana isn't against the MLB's drug policy. It's only in the minor league systems in which its illegal and really it's stupid that they aren't following the same policies as MLB.
    some people might say the opposite, it is stupid that an illegal substance is allowed at any level.

vCash
    You're right, it is perspective driven. If you believe that weed should be an illegal substance that probably means you haven't tried it, or tried it like once and found it too intense, or you knew someone who smoked a lot in high school and is working at McD's or not working at all but those are people who don't know what moderation is and need to learn to control themselves.

However, there are plenty of high-functioning DAILY smokers out there and it is up to the individual to maintain control over their life and to know their limits. As long as a player isn't going to the media and saying, "Kids, smoke weed every day," what is the harm?

vCash
    You're right, it is perspective driven. If you believe that weed should be an illegal substance that probably means you haven't tried it, or tried it like once and found it too intense, or you knew someone who smoked a lot in high school and is working at McD's or not working at all but those are people who don't know what moderation is and need to learn to control themselves.
    That is a lot of generalizations right there.

However, there are plenty of high-functioning DAILY smokers out there and it is up to the individual to maintain control over their life and to know their limits. As long as a player isn't going to the media and saying, "Kids, smoke weed every day," what is the harm?
    It is illegal and if they get caught by the police they could get in trouble and the press will rip them apart and the "kids" will find out about it any ways. This isn't the forum for debating whether it should be legal or not (I think it should be legal) but right now it is ILLEGAL. So I am saying that if baseball catches one of their players doing something ILLEGAL, they should punish them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    That is a lot of generalizations right there.

It is illegal and if they get caught by the police they could get in trouble and the press will rip them apart and the "kids" will find out about it any ways. This isn't the forum for debating whether it should be legal or not (I think it should be legal) but right now it is ILLEGAL. So I am saying that if baseball catches one of their players doing something ILLEGAL, they should punish them.
    So is drinking and driving and so is beating your wife but I didnt see MLB give out or even bring up discussion about suspending players when almost on a monthly basis you get players drinking and driving. I would care more if a players unleashes anti-Semitic rant than if a player is smoking weed. THe whole system is flawed as is and I have zero confidence that the MLB will ever fix it.
    Last edited by JaysFan87; 01-21-2013 at 12:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    So is drinking and driving and so is beating your wife but I didnt see MLB give out or even bring up discussion about suspending players when almost on a monthly basis you get players drinking and driving. I would care more if a players unleashes anti-Semitic rant than if a player is smoking weed. THe whole system is flawed as is and I have zero confidence that the MLB will ever fix it.
    Do MLB catch the players or do the cops catch the players doing those things? When the cops are involved, the player is already getting some form of punishment and on top of it, it is tough to punish them when there is a possible court case that will need to happen.

I agree, I would care more about racist remarks over smoking weed and that the system is flawed.

vCash
    Can't wait till it's legalized so we can stop talking about prospects getting suspended and having their careers ruined for something insignificant.

Alcohol is more physically damaging and addictive then marijuana. A alcoholic is in much much worse shape then a stoner. Pretty silly we have rules in whatever infrastructure that can prove so archaic yet we buy into it just because society tells us one of them is okay to do, accepted and even at times encouraged and the other is taboo.

vCash
    some people might say the opposite, it is stupid that an illegal substance is allowed at any level.
    I agree with part and disagree with another.

I think both are stupid. All levels of pro ball should be the same in this regard.

Edit: For the record I only think they should be standardized not that marijuana should be viewed as a PED.

I have tried to play baseball stoned and I can honestly say I am terrible in those circumstances.
    Last edited by albertajaysfan; 01-21-2013 at 06:51 PM.

vCash
    I have high hopes for Sean Nolin this year in AA/AAA.

vCash
    Does Deck McGuire have any trade value?

vCash
    Does Deck McGuire have any trade value?
    I don't think so.... maybe as a throw in, certainly not as any real piece of significance....

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    Can't wait till it's legalized so we can stop talking about prospects getting suspended and having their careers ruined for something insignificant.

Alcohol is more physically damaging and addictive then marijuana. A alcoholic is in much much worse shape then a stoner. Pretty silly we have rules in whatever infrastructure that can prove so archaic yet we buy into it just because society tells us one of them is okay to do, accepted and even at times encouraged and the other is taboo.
    I swear Lincecum is high every time he pitches

Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast