Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lansing Two

37 60.66%
  • Travis D'Arnaud

24 39.34%
Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    I still think AJ Jimenez has a ton of value. Defensively far superior than JPA, a better hitter and can also steal you 10-15 bases a year. Only flaw is his lack of power, however if he can bring the other two strengths, it really doesnt matter. But he is still about a good two years away...
    and can serve as the resident alex rios look-alike, if needed

vCash
    Justin Jackson ‏@JaxChillinONE
    Big announcement later on today!!! Will change the course my career!!! �������� #imexcited are u??

My big announcement!!!

Ladies and gentlemen I will be PITCHING in 2013 can't wait!!! #newchangenewthangs

I love all my followers who have supported me!! #ImPitchingIn2013

My arm was my number 1 tool so it's time for me to explore it #MoundTime

vCash
    Cool! Hope it works out well for him.

vCash
    Justin Jackson does have a plus arm -- many have done it, why not.

I could see it for Moises Sierra as well who I suggested last year should try pitching too.

vCash
    Makes me wonder why it wasn't tried before.

vCash
    Cant hurt... He wasnt going to make it to the majors as a SS. Let's hope he has some luck like Santos did but he stays with us.

vCash
    He was up to about 93 in HS off the mound. Let's see what kind of command, movement, and off-speed stuff he can bring to the table to go along with the arm strength.

vCash
    Now we just need to give Jackson to the White Sox and in a few years he'll be a closer

vCash
    I wonder what kind of breaking ball he can throw.....All he needs is a solid breaking ball and a heater to make a decent reliever..

vCash
    when people say AA this AA drafted this player. Didn't Andrew Tinnish did most of the draft and AA just supervised the draft process? Should the credit go to Andrew Tinnish or am I wrong?

Blue Jays Season

Ottawa Senators
    Toronto Raptors
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Cincinnati Bengals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    He was up to about 93 in HS off the mound. Let's see what kind of command, movement, and off-speed stuff he can bring to the table to go along with the arm strength.
    Don't most pitchers gain about 7 mph on their fastball after high school, as they finish growing, fill out, learn better mechanics in pro ball, whatever? So, is 100 mph out of the question?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaysGirl View Post
    Don't most pitchers gain about 7 mph on their fastball after high school, as they finish growing, fill out, learn better mechanics in pro ball, whatever? So, is 100 mph out of the question?
    haha.. if that was the case, the majors will be littered with guys that throw 100

Yeah some players gain some velocity as their bodies fill up but its very rare for someone to gain as much as 7 MPH... Last guy i recall reading about gaining that much velocity is Derek Holland from the Rangers

2-4 MPH is a more reasonable increase..

You also got to remember something when reading about someone that threw "that much" in HS. He might have reached the velocity once or twice throwing at full effort in the pen. If all those high schoolers can throw as hard as scouting reports have you believe, then why don't we see more guys averaging 93+ MPH in the majors.

A lot of these guys actually regress velocity wise as their arms starts getting used up more

vCash
    We can't seriously be getting excited about Justin Jackson trying to save his career by pitching can we? If this was around a week before ST we would be ho humming this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaysGirl View Post
    Don't most pitchers gain about 7 mph on their fastball after high school
    LOL, no.

In fact, quite a few kids end up losing velocity.

vCash
    The Blue Jays signed 18-year-old right-hander Denis Villatoro to a five-year contract, Saśl Carranza of the Honduran newspaper Diez reported over the weekend (translation via MLBTR's Nick Collias). It's a five-year deal, according to La Tribuna. Villatoro, who worked out for the Blue Jays before signing, said he's "very happy" to have agreed to terms with Toronto, Carranza reports. His fastball reaches 93 mph, and he also drew interest from the Orioles, Yankees, Mets, Astros, Giants and Pirates.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...RuxVXwpvdTh.99
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...medium=twitter

Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast