Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    910
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    Please no Mark Reynolds or Youkilis. I'm surprised Chavez is gone. Might as well sign Hiroyuki Nakajima.
    ...Or Hector Luna, who's in Japan!

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,367
    vCash
    1500
    Why don't we see what David Adams can do? I'd rather that than Youkilis who will get hurt anyway and a known fielding disaster in Nunez, he has some experience and is still youngish, the bat can play too
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,513
    vCash
    1500
    I'd be shocked if Youkadoosh accepts.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Why don't we see what David Adams can do? I'd rather that than Youkilis who will get hurt anyway and a known fielding disaster in Nunez, he has some experience and is still youngish, the bat can play too
    im serisouly surprised this is not the first option. bring up adams and have cano ro adams play third. i do remember them talking about moving cano to third when arod opted out, so why not try now instead of giving youk or reynolds 12-13 million to be marginal fielders at best
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,367
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    im serisouly surprised this is not the first option. bring up adams and have cano ro adams play third. i do remember them talking about moving cano to third when arod opted out, so why not try now instead of giving youk or reynolds 12-13 million to be marginal fielders at best
    we caught lightning in a bottle doing this once before, and adamss is already 25
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'd be shocked if Youkadoosh accepts.
    Cleveland has already offered him. 2/18

    So much for that!
    Nick

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,239
    vCash
    1500
    What's Aaron Small doing these days? He was a godsend years back. Can he play 3B?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Yankees, Gmen, Nets
    Posts
    548
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not opposed to the idea of using David Adams/Eduardo Nunez especially if Youkilis definitely signs elsewhere.
    Utilizing players like Nunez, Adams, Dickerson, etc an opportunity could really pay dividends.
    Not to mention it saves the team cash. I am all for giving younger guys their shot in 2013.
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 12-06-2012 at 06:45 PM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,373
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Why don't we see what David Adams can do? I'd rather that than Youkilis who will get hurt anyway and a known fielding disaster in Nunez, he has some experience and is still youngish, the bat can play too
    0 Games above AA
    37 Total games at 3rd.

    I'd assume that's why. I like David Adams. And if we needed a 2nd baseman, I'd love to give him the shot. @ 3rd he concerns me a bit.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,367
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    0 Games above AA
    37 Total games at 3rd.

    I'd assume that's why. I like David Adams. And if we needed a 2nd baseman, I'd love to give him the shot. @ 3rd he concerns me a bit.
    Would you rather have Nunez, a known commodity and defensive liability or Youkilis who will barely play due to injury, he's missed more games than arod the last three years? Give the kid a shot he's already 25, if he can play 2nd he can play third, people put too much emphasis on position switch.
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,373
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Would you rather have Nunez, a known commodity and defensive liability or Youkilis who will barely play due to injury, he's missed more games than arod the last three years? Give the kid a shot he's already 25, if he can play 2nd he can play third, people put too much emphasis on position switch.
    I don't trust his arm from 3rd.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,367
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I don't trust his arm from 3rd.
    Again, would you rather youkilis or nunez? Our options are limited. Give the kid a shot.
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,373
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Again, would you rather youkilis or nunez? Our options are limited. Give the kid a shot.
    Reynolds.

    Then I'd probably opt for Nunez. I think he's a more proven commodity. Hannigan would also be a cheap option.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,361
    vCash
    1500
    As I mentioned earlier..

    Slide cano to third. Cano has both the range and arm for third.

    Adams at second.

    Hi.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,367
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Reynolds.

    Then I'd probably opt for Nunez. I think he's a more proven commodity. Hannigan would also be a cheap option.
    Reynolds can't field either
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •