Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Im glad they changed rookie wages! This is a sorry azz attitude to have and the raiders and the nfl deserve better. can we get some face paint cause this guy is a clown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    Oh yeah, for sure I still want him. Our depth chart at LB right now ?

1) Wheeler
    2) Nobody
    3) Nobody
    4) Nobody

McClain's a non issue. He's gone. Kaput. Cut. No longer a Raider.

Everybody rambling about Palmer, Mcfadden, the offense, etc.....Forget that, we have holes EVERYWHERE on this defense. They all could & need to be upgraded. I'd keep Branch, Wheeler, Houston, & Bryant, then go from there.
    Wow again, let's do everything we can to turn this team around this season....it's too late for that.

vCash
    have you guys ever been to a store or a fast food joint and u see kids running around tearing the place up screaming and jumping up and down acting like wild childs, my point when you look at the kids do you blame the kids or there parents same thing here its not alln his fault coaching staff need to take sum of the blame also... do you guys think he would pull this crap if he had gotten drafted by billa cheat?? heck no my point is this if we continue to bring in these same class of coaches are draft classes will never pan out regardless how good they are!!!
    Last edited by MALOSOS; 12-06-2012 at 12:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MALOSOS View Post
    have you guys ever been to a store or a fast food joint and u see kids running around tearing the place up screaming and jumping up and down acting like wild childs, my point when you look at the kids do you blame the kids or there parents same thing here its not alln his fault coaching staff need to take sum of the blame also... do you guys think he would pull this crap if he had gotten drafted by billa cheat?? heck no my point is this if we continue to bring in these same class of coaches are draft classes will never pan out regardless how good they are!!!
    f... the raiders till they do better by the fans.i know you guys are going to eat this up.have fun

vCash
    should of dumped him before the season started... another wasted pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    Soo you want a guy back who's trying to humiliate the head coach. A pathetic performance in his young career. Could have been a 7th rounder with the performance he's had here. And a person who has off the field issues? No thanks I rather see 10 defenders on the field the rest of Mylife then to see this bum suit up as a raider.
    I don't like that whatsoever. Never said I did.

Raiderposting & Fished can run their mouthes all they want about a love fest, etc. Never said I was in love with the player. I feel we can upgrade ANYONE on that defense, including McClain. BTW, I haven't been in love with any Raider player since around 2002.

Regardless, my views have always been this about McClain:

He was drafted as a 3/4 ILB. Did the Raiders play him in a 3/4 inside spot ? Ever? Nope. Never. Not once. Kid is 23. Does he need to improve as a person ? Hell yeah. He's proven that. Does he need to improve as a player ? Yes. Not as much as he does the prior though. Fortunately for him, he's got room to grow in both only being 23 and coming out early.

I understand the frustration. He was benched after week 4, is now getting 20 snaps per, and has watched his defense still give up 40 + points since. I'd be frustrated too.

So what happened ? This issue is more than just Rolando.

Just over a year ago, good ol Raiderposting and Fishedz along with us all were touting "Playoffs!", "Playoffs!"......We weren't complaining about a MLB, who was then on a 7-4 team & getting all the snaps at MLB. They were sitting at a 7-4 record and looking at playoff football. What happened after ? This team has imploded since.

Whose fault is it ? Do they miss Kam Wimbley that much ? With only 13/14 sacks total, maybe. Is that Al's fault and his contract giveaway ? Reggie not retaining him ?

When do you fault the scheme ? Personnel ? Virtually the same personnel & your giving up 40 + ? Whose that on ? You didn't change that much on that side for you to be giving up as many points as the Raiders have this entire year. When do you fault the head coach ? Tarver ?

Coach is saying the players are here, we have the personnel to get the job done, & that included McClain, but yet the execution was the faulty aspect....So now what ?

vCash
    I don't wish bad upon anybody.

However, 5 years from now, when McClain is flat broke (which I can guarantee is going to happen based on the fact that he will never get another big contract, probably has blown through tons of cash already, and is obviously a moron), I will not shed a tear.

Maybe at that point DA will float him a few bucks.

Enjoy your time in the league McClain, because in a matter of a few years, instead of playing in front of 60,000 people, the only recognition you'll get is once in a blue moon when a diehard NFL fan will come up to you while you're drowning your sorrows in booze at some dive bar and ask, "Hey weren't you that guy..." or "hey, didn't you used to play..."

C'mon...we all know its going to happen.
    Last edited by msz; 12-06-2012 at 02:10 PM.

vCash
    If u think about it we might not have to trade our first to get more picks because we've got a couple players who will get traded for picks so that might help us in regards to getting more picks in this draft. I jus dnt think teo will be dere mid round especially if he wins the Heisman Trophy and we all knw who was the last defensive player to win it , ya nd he got drafted by the raiders , Charles Woodson ! Mane I still miss that guy wish he had never left kuz he was a playmaker. I thnk that's why we need to draft teo he will not only make plays but become our leader and motivate the rest of the D

vCash

Raiderposting & Fished can run their mouthes all they want about a love fest, etc. Never said I was in love with the player. I feel we can upgrade ANYONE on that defense, including McClain. BTW, I haven't been in love with any Raider player since around 2002.

He was drafted as a 3/4 ILB. Did the Raiders play him in a 3/4 inside spot ? Ever? Nope. Never. Not once. Kid is 23. Does he need to improve as a person ? Hell yeah. He's proven that. Does he need to improve as a player ? Yes. Not as much as he does the prior though. Fortunately for him, he's got room to grow in both only being 23 and coming out early.

I understand the frustration. He was benched after week 4, is now getting 20 snaps per, and has watched his defense still give up 40 + points since. I'd be frustrated too.

Just over a year ago, good ol Raiderposting and Fishedz along with us all were touting "Playoffs!", "Playoffs!"......We weren't complaining about a MLB, who was then on a 7-4 team & getting all the snaps at MLB. They were sitting at a 7-4 record and looking at playoff football. What happened after ? This team has imploded since.

Whose fault is it ? Do they miss Kam Wimbley that much ? With only 13/14 sacks total, maybe. Is that Al's fault and his contract giveaway ? Reggie not retaining him ?

When do you fault the scheme ? Personnel ? Virtually the same personnel & your giving up 40 + ? Whose that on ? You didn't change that much on that side for you to be giving up as many points as the Raiders have this entire year. When do you fault the head coach ? Tarver ?

Coach is saying the players are here, we have the personnel to get the job done, & that included McClain, but yet the execution was the faulty aspect....So now what ?
    RO has impressed me twice in his life. Body slamming Amendola. And jacking up sproles when he was a charger. Other then that he's laid an egg his entire career. Like 75% of this defense. His NFL career will be over in the next couple years. And with his thug mentality. He's either gunna be in jail or dead in the next 15 years. And that the sad truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MALOSOS View Post
    there is a difference between kids and adults

vCash

Actually part of your statement is not true. A few of us saw the train wreck that Rolando McClain was and wanted him replaced at the end of last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork:24596649
    I'm not going to miss him much.

So looking forward to a team with a touch more intelligence and character.

-Stork
    manti teo. He might not be the best player in the draft, but he has everything else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Actually part of your statement is not true. A few of us saw the train wreck that Rolando McClain was and wanted him replaced at the end of last year.
    What part isn't true ?

I didn't say at the end of the year, you did.

I said we were touting 'playoffs' at 7-4. You weren't saying you wanted anybody replaced until the end of the season. Not at 7-4. Not with McClain being just 22, & in his 2nd year. Not with McClain just having finished off the Bears win with 6 tackles, 2 for loss, 1 sack, & a QB hit.

You weren't saying jack crap at the time. You weren't dumping anybody at that time.

End of the year, maybe so. It all imploded after 7-4. So whose fault is it ? 1 player ? Personnel ? Coaching ? Scheme ? Hue Jack city ?

How can we get back to that 7-4 record, & finish it off, instead of the 3-9 stuff ?

Personally, I think its a combination of both. Bad coaching, scheme, & no personnel to fit what you want to run. So this problem is far bigger than McClain, or even just one person...& it's showed even after McClain's been benched or missed games. In fact, you've been worse when he's missed games or got limited time.

You flat out don't have the answers anywhere on that defense or scheme. You flat out don't have the depth to field a quality defense. That's not on McClain. That's on this organization in its entirety.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakman View Post
    manti teo. He might not be the best player in the draft, but he has everything else
    Exactly right. Stork would love the Mormon from Notre Dame. Solid player, Solid leader, & no off the field issues to worry about. Don't even think he touches alchohol or anything of that kind. Just wants to play the game he loves, work hard, & lead a team to victory. Great for the community as well.

If 1 team needed a player like this, it would be Oakland.

Unfortunately, he's only 1 man. We need several of these types & I hope Reggie can find them & find them quick.

vCash
    What about Anthony Hargrove? He's still a free agent isn't he? He seems to me like he'd be a prototypical Raiders player at this point in his life. 'Been around the block a couple times, definitely had some hard times in his life, would probably work like a dog for a team that'd give him a chance right now, and have a great attitude while doing it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast