Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    966

    Gene Lamont has been shifted....

    Gene Lamont has been shifted from third base coach to bench coach.

    http://www.freep.com/article/2012120...TS02/121204068

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    806
    Leyland could use the help during games. Maybe even give Geno 51% in decision-making during games. :

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    71,506
    Good keep him away from waving guys in from third.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Good keep him away from waving guys in from third.
    Magglio :cry::cry::cry:
    #teamboom4life

    MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    I was at that game. June 24th against the Bluejays back in '10. I sat in section 147 front row. God that sun in your eyes for the first half of the game is horrid

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    Are we sticking with Lloyd as the primary hitting coach???

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,469
    I think so and don't we have a 2nd hitting coach too?





    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Congrats to Ahoda on winning "PSD 2015 Post of the year!" ... What a huge honor it is to have you contribute to our forum. I hope you post twice as much in 2016 & give us twice the quality posts & twice the laughter!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I think so and don't we have a 2nd hitting coach too?
    Yeah, I think his name is Toby Harrah.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,897
    Does the third base coach have the say on steals? I would really like to see us take advantage of our team speed this year. I know they say don't take the bat out of your hitters hands but Cabrerra and Prince also it a lot of two baggers so with a guy on second they score easier. Increase the steals and we score more runs. Also, I'd have to look it up but I think our base stealing percentage was near the tops of the big leagues so the % is better than most for the guy to get to second. The pitcher is going to be worrying about MC and PF more than the runner so I think everyting works in our favor.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Does the third base coach have the say on steals? I would really like to see us take advantage of our team speed this year. I know they say don't take the bat out of your hitters hands but Cabrerra and Prince also it a lot of two baggers so with a guy on second they score easier. Increase the steals and we score more runs. Also, I'd have to look it up but I think our base stealing percentage was near the tops of the big leagues so the % is better than most for the guy to get to second. The pitcher is going to be worrying about MC and PF more than the runner so I think everyting works in our favor.
    The only regular that we have that steals bases is Jackson, not that I disagree hoog but who else do you want stealing second? We have no team speed, like I mean none.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    The only regular that we have that steals bases is Jackson, not that I disagree hoog but who else do you want stealing second? We have no team speed, like I mean none.
    Torii, Dirks, Jackson, Berry, Infante(?) are all guys I would like to see run more. But less than stealing, I'd like to see a lot more hit and runs.
    #teamboom4life

    MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    Torii, Dirks, Jackson, Berry, Infante(?) are all guys I would like to see run more. But less than stealing, I'd like to see a lot more hit and runs.
    I hear you and I agree but Hunter is 37, Dirks is not that fast and was hampered with leg injuries all last season, Berry is not a guarantee to make the 25 man roster (I am hoping that he does), and Infante has quite a bit of difficulty getting on base as he can be streaky (I am putting it mildly).

    Those things said, you are right, we need to run more...I just wish we had some more team speed...starting at SS.

    Ahoda and GasMan are going to kill me...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    Hey T money. If peralta is our weakest link, we have it pretty damn good

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Hey T money. If peralta is our weakest link, we have it pretty damn good
    That is what I thought last season...then the Giants promptly handed it to us...with a light hitting defensive minded SS and LF, stellar pitching, and timely hitting.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,469
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Does the third base coach have the say on steals? I would really like to see us take advantage of our team speed this year. I know they say don't take the bat out of your hitters hands but Cabrerra and Prince also it a lot of two baggers so with a guy on second they score easier. Increase the steals and we score more runs. Also, I'd have to look it up but I think our base stealing percentage was near the tops of the big leagues so the % is better than most for the guy to get to second. The pitcher is going to be worrying about MC and PF more than the runner so I think everyting works in our favor.
    I think Leyland has the say in steals, but I'm not positive. Stealing just isn't part of Leyland's game unfortunately. He loves to hit and run though.





    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Congrats to Ahoda on winning "PSD 2015 Post of the year!" ... What a huge honor it is to have you contribute to our forum. I hope you post twice as much in 2016 & give us twice the quality posts & twice the laughter!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •