Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jemile Weeks

vCash

Jemile Weeks

How does this shake out?
    1.) acquire Drew for SS,
    2.) trade Peralta to A's for Jemile Weeks,

Does that make Santiago, Worth, or Berry dispensable? At least one comes off of the squad, correct? I am guessing Santiago in another deal somewhere...

vCash
    Drew signing with Oakland

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mschaf13 View Post
    Drew signing with Oakland
    Verified?

vCash
    Just hearing things between twitter and radio and mlb net. supposedly they are in on a 1 year deal

vCash
    I was in the middle of typing a response to the propsed deal for Weeks. I like Weeks but unsure if I like Drew over Peralta

vCash
    I was in the middle of typing a response to the propsed deal for Weeks. I like Weeks but unsure if I like Drew over Peralta
    I agree with you...they are almost the same guy. Drew a little better defender, but not much. Peralta a little better hitter, but not much. Drew is definitely more expensive and a greater injury risk...it is just the name that keeps getting thrown out there. I prefer Dee Gordon, personally.

vCash
    But even his defense if you look at some of the other stats like UZR and that Drew is better going to 3rd base hole than Peralta and worse going the other way and actually the defensive runs saved stat points to Peralta being on top

vCash
    Not really familiar with Gordon I do know the name and know he's a Dodger but from there I haven't looked at stats splits or even seen him play

vCash
    i'm kind of intrigued by this utility play they traded for in the rule 5 speedster with ability to play middle infield and outfield. that's enough for me to start shopping Santiago and I have no clue how good or bad this guy will be. I just don't think theres anywhere for Ramon on this team he's spent his time here done what he can time to move on to a new utility guy maybe one with some sort of offensive upside like speed or power. Ramon is just a glove with inconsistent bat

vCash
    Drew is a much better defender than Peralta, how do you guys not realize just how bad Johnny is at SS?

vCash
    i'm kind of intrigued by this utility play they traded for in the rule 5 speedster with ability to play middle infield and outfield. that's enough for me to start shopping Santiago and I have no clue how good or bad this guy will be. I just don't think theres anywhere for Ramon on this team he's spent his time here done what he can time to move on to a new utility guy maybe one with some sort of offensive upside like speed or power. Ramon is just a glove with inconsistent bat
    I do agree Santiago needs to move on out. He's done his time here.

vCash
    I guess the ultimate question about Drew vs Peralta is in a long season with the world series up for grabs who has the track record of being able to stay on the field and help the team win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    I guess the ultimate question about Drew vs Peralta is in a long season with the world series up for grabs who has the track record of being able to stay on the field and help the team win.
    With Drew clearly being the better overall player, I would rather take my chances with him staying healthy, because even assuming Peralta will be healthy, he's still not a positive to the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Drew is a much better defender than Peralta, how do you guys not realize just how bad Johnny is at SS?
    That's debatable. Cabrera at 3rd made Peralta's job much more difficult. I think we've been a little hard on Peralta on the defense side. He obviously was down at the plate last year but I'm not sure Drew is an upgrade there either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    That's debatable. Cabrera at 3rd made Peralta's job much more difficult. I think we've been a little hard on Peralta on the defense side. He obviously was down at the plate last year but I'm not sure Drew is an upgrade there either.
    Cabreras lack of range has nothing to do with Peralta having none either.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast