Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pro Football Weekly: Jon Gruden in line to rejoin the Raiders in a "prominent" role

The latest scuttlebutt in the league has Gruden, on the brink of turning age 50, in line to rejoin the Raiders' organization in a prominent role. The franchise’s downturn can be traced directly back to his departure a decade ago, he has a relationship with GM Reggie McKenzie from their time together in Green Bay and he has an even better understanding of the infrastructure in Oakland and the Al Davis brand of football than anyone in football. With more autonomy to run the organization how he sees fit, adapting a model that Davis taught him, Gruden is very well-positioned to resurrect a faitering franchise that went 0-for-November and has yet to win a game since owner Mark Davis put everyone on notice and said he was not pleased with the direction of the team.
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...otgun-overload

McGOAT

vCash

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    i dont know what this means. If it means coach then as long as he knows hes not making personnel moves idc. i never knocked his coaching ability i said he can't build a team himself.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    i dont know what this means. If it means coach then as long as he knows hes not making personnel moves idc. i never knocked his coaching ability i said he can't build a team himself.
    Well said.

But let me add...this muddles things a bit. I'd be interested to know who's idea this is...or who leaked this story. I'm not familiar with Nolan Nawrocki....anyone have an idea if he's reputable?

-Stork

vCash
    With open arms, I would welcome Gruden back to coach, not GM/coach, but to coach this team.

His leadership, yeah, the get in your face, get fired up, go out there and hit somebody, don't take shizz from nobody leadership is the type of leadership this team so desperately needs right now.

D.A.'s deer in the headlights demeanor on the sidelines isn't cutting it nation.
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

vCash
    It's a bunch of BS.

C'mon, does anyone really think Gruden isn't gonna be a head coach before possibly settling into this kind of role?

He's gonna be a head coach again before he tries his hand in this.

This is just a rumor.

vCash
    Well this would be surprising. Shocking in fact and I would have to eat a lot of crow on this board. I still doubt it though. I was always under the impression that when Gruden came back, it would be for a contender, or atleast an "almost there." I didn't feel that Gruden wanted to be apart of a rebuild again. I know his wife doesn't want that. She has said so herself.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    the only reason i didn't want gruden back was because i thought he would have a big input in personnel moves if he doesn't sure bring him back. Personnel wise he's terrible, he didn't build that team in oakland or tampa bay. He did however drive a very talented tampa bay team into the ground with his moves. He also never really found his QB in multiple years. However, if he knows he can have a small say but no severe imapact in personnel moves, i wouldn't mind having him back, we still will have a roster turnover though. I can see him pushing for a QB of his own as well as he has never himself groomed a young QB to success.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderJunkee View Post
    With open arms, I would welcome Gruden back to coach, not GM/coach, but to coach this team.

His leadership, yeah, the get in your face, get fired up, go out there and hit somebody, don't take shizz from nobody leadership is the type of leadership this team so desperately needs right now.

D.A.'s deer in the headlights demeanor on the sidelines isn't cutting it nation.
    i don't agree with your DA assessment. the more minds he surrounds himself with, the better. esp someone as reputable and respected as gruden.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    I would welcome chucky with open arms, just not to handle the personel side of things...

vCash
    well, well, well....once again...I told you guys......

vCash
    Just another pipe deal dream rumor.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Ya, Allen isn't cutting it. His decision making isn't the best.

I really think we had a shot to tie the game yesterday and he blew it by going for the TD before kicking the field goal when he was in ship-shot range for Jano.

So dumb.

Now, the hire Gruden and fire Allen poll isn't so far-fetched.

vCash
    Where is BW?.....She called B.S. on me for saying this was about to happen ever since he lite the torch...sometimes youve got to pay attention to the signs.....

vCash
    ^ nothing is set in stone. no one else is reporting anything right now.

Yall let me slip?!?!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast