Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Revere traded to Phils for Vance Worley and Trevor May

Jim Salisbury ‏@JSalisburyCSN
    Vance Worley and Trevor May to Minn for Ben Revere. He will be Phils' CF.

vCash
    Wow. The Twins might not have gotten enough for Span, but this makes up for it. Worley and May are both good starters who should fit in nicely.
    http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/...s_min&c_id=min

vCash
    Only question I have is who the hell's gonna be our center fielder next year??
    M.V.P.

Have Twitter? Follow me for everything sports! I'll follow back too if you tell me you're from this website!
    Just Click The Link---->@SportsGuy218

vCash
    Thats a very good question. I'm hoping our OF isn't Willingham, Mastorianni, and a platoon of Parmelee and Plouffe...

I wonder if we are going into complete rebuild mode now and trade Morneau to Toronto or Baltimore. Should also be interesting to see if we sign someone like Edwin Jackson to a longterm deal. Worley and Diamond are still the only MLB pitchers we have right now, Gibson needs a little time in AAA, May needs a year there most likely, Meyer is still a year and a half away at the least...

vCash
    I think Benson, Arcia and Hicks will get very long looks in Ft Myers. Arcia doesn't really project as a centerfielder, but Benson and Hicks could play there.

vCash
    Timing is everything isn't it. Wow, I wonder what the Twins could have gotten for Span if they'd waited until Victorino and Pagan had signed? I'm not sure Revere could have gotten either Worley OR May on his own last week. Great deal, if Worley can stay healthy and May can improve his command.

The team has got to be considered in rebuild mode now. So far, there is no one to hit ahead of Mauer, but I'd really hate to see Hicks get rushed just to fill a hole, his development has been so deliberate up to this point. Perhaps Benson will have refound his form.

Or the Twins could sign Josh Hamilton
    Last edited by nicksaviking; 12-06-2012 at 01:46 PM.

vCash
    Hey Guys, I am a Phillies fan. Can you tell me anything about Revere? I don't watch the Twins much. You will like Vance Worley, he is a real competitor. And a great interview with a funny haircut and glasses. He will win you 10-12 games a year.

vCash
    The Twins are doing great this off season. They have a shot to be legit in a few years (3-4). I spent most of the season following around the Snappers on an unofficial photography internship/unpaid one. What they need to do now is to keep trading, probably Willingham for a LHP/ and a SS/OF. It makes no sense to keep him on the team if they're going to keep getting high picks and he's clearly not part of the long term plan.

Players I expect to appear next year:
    Oswaldo Arcia (3-5 presence)
    Aaron Hicks (middle-end of year if not 2014)

Down the line:
    Miguel Sano
    Eddie Rosario
    Travis Harrison (DH)
    Zack Jones
    Mason Meolotakis
    Jose Berrios (End of 2015? Too hard to tell)

Assuming Berrios, Meyer and May progress and avoid injuries the Twins could have a very nice rotation and line up in a few years despite not having a true ace unless Berrios can develop into one.

1. Berrios
    2. Worley
    3. May
    4. Meyer

Granted, other than Berrios I think all the other guys are #2-#3's.

vCash
    not happy about this at all i understand span getting traded but revere no we need someone out there that can amaze us with good fielding trading talented outfielders for pitching ya we need that too but don't punish our outfield to do so come on twins!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    Hey Guys, I am a Phillies fan. Can you tell me anything about Revere? I don't watch the Twins much. You will like Vance Worley, he is a real competitor. And a great interview with a funny haircut and glasses. He will win you 10-12 games a year.
    he is really talented he can hit but dont expect homeruns he is a great outfielder and would help a team for years to come

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    He won't have any power even in your ballpark, but he is a sparkplug. He's probably going to compete for the stolen base crown if Manuel lets him run. He has as much range as anyone in the league and makes circus catches, though his arm strength is lacking (though improved).

He doesn't draw a ton of walks which is disappointing for a guy at the top of the lineup, but he is one of the best contact hitters in the league, he can literally hit any pitch and rarely strikes out. He puts everything in play, which takes away from his walk rate, simply because he doesn't foul enough pitches off, though it can work in his favor because he will beat out a bunch of balls hit in the infield. He's also cheap and under team control for many years. He'll be a good player for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    not happy about this at all i understand span getting traded but revere no we need someone out there that can amaze us with good fielding trading talented outfielders for pitching ya we need that too but don't punish our outfield to do so come on twins!
    Unfortunately the Twins had next to no pitching anywhere close to the MLB level before these trades. The Twins got a great bargain with the Revere deal simply because the Phillies needed someone and Victorino and Pagan had just signed which depleted the market. The Twins got an offer no reasonable club could refuse. 2013 will probably suck, but those of us that are excited, are thrilled because finally the future looks bright on a pitching front.

Revere would have been expendable by the All-Star break most likely anyway as the team is expecting Aaron Hicks to be in centerfield soon. Additionally, the Twins have last years 1st round pick Byron Buxton who will play CF along with prospects Joe Benson, Max Kepler and Nate Roberts who are at various stages of the system and all profile as athletic outfielders. In other words, the Twins traded two CF's but still have way more than then need down on the farm.

Once again, after being scared off by the prices for free agent pitchers, I'm sure Terry Ryan decided it was time to go for the rebuild. This year might be rough but we are looking for 2014 and beyond to realistically compete anyway.

vCash
    From the Twitter of ESPN Radio Minneapolis

@1500ESPN: Twins' GM: Hicks, Mastroianni, Benson to compete for starting CF job #Twins (via the 1500 ESPN SportsWire) http://t.co/MMyAZpbB
    M.V.P.

Have Twitter? Follow me for everything sports! I'll follow back too if you tell me you're from this website!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Unfortunately the Twins had next to no pitching anywhere close to the MLB level before these trades. The Twins got a great bargain with the Revere deal simply because the Phillies needed someone and Victorino and Pagan had just signed which depleted the market. The Twins got an offer no reasonable club could refuse. 2013 will probably suck, but those of us that are excited, are thrilled because finally the future looks bright on a pitching front.

Revere would have been expendable by the All-Star break most likely anyway as the team is expecting Aaron Hicks to be in centerfield soon. Additionally, the Twins have last years 1st round pick Byron Buxton who will play CF along with prospects Joe Benson, Max Kepler and Nate Roberts who are at various stages of the system and all profile as athletic outfielders. In other words, the Twins traded two CF's but still have way more than then need down on the farm.

Once again, after being scared off by the prices for free agent pitchers, I'm sure Terry Ryan decided it was time to go for the rebuild. This year might be rough but we are looking for 2014 and beyond to realistically compete anyway.
    i see what your saying but the outfield is what gave us hope last year cause we knew we had a good one but now thats gone 2013 could of been a decent year who knows i feel like were writing it off before its even started but now theres no chance will get anything but 5th this year and thats hard on the fanbase

vCash
    Just about everyone in the phillies forum is saying they overpaid...they like getting Revere, but they think they have up too much.

That should be great news for us Twins fans.
    M.V.P.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast