Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Or trade Ike for 3 more young studs! Hey if we're already giving up on 2013, why not rebuild the whole team. Just throwing it out there!
    I thought something similar. Rays want offense so why not send Ike and Duda, Rays send Shields to LAD for Zach Lee, Mets move Olt to 1B and get Joc Pederson from LAD and lower level prospects. Works in my twisted mind at least!

vCash
    My point was to pick on those who thought we could not compete in 2014. I assume if the right prospects came along, all the Mets not named Wright would be expendable. I for one would like some good free agent short term players to improve the team. If we give up entirely on 2013, what message does that send to the players and fans. Shore up the bull pen in 2013. Get us an outfielder and catcher. Big deal if its a temporary player. Our younger players will improve, probably not all-stars but improve non the less. We need to step forward not back!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    This list isn't exhaustive. It's just some of the names which were mentioned. For my benefit as well as the forum's in general, please add players and stats, bios, whatever you think is interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I live in New England and have seen both Xander Bogaerts & Jackie Bradley play for The AA Portland Sea Dogs and would take both of them in a heart beat! However the Boston Media has said the Red Sox GM Ben C. has said not a chance that we will get either or both for R.A. Dickey...

What about a trade as follows:

Mets Trade:
    R.A. Dickey - Pitcher
    Jonathan Niese - Pitcher
    Wilmer Flores - 3rd Base
    Low A Prospect

Red Sox Trade:
    Xander Bogaerts - SS
    Jackie Bradley - OF
    Jared Saltalamacchia - C

vCash
    Salty has very little value.
    From a Mets perspective would you make that trade?

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sjordan23 View Post
    I live in New England and have seen both Xander Bogaerts & Jackie Bradley play for The AA Portland Sea Dogs and would take both of them in a heart beat! However the Boston Media has said the Red Sox GM Ben C. has said not a chance that we will get either or both for R.A. Dickey...

Mets Trade:
    R.A. Dickey - Pitcher
    Jonathan Niese - Pitcher
    Wilmer Flores - 3rd Base
    Low A Prospect

Red Sox Trade:
    Xander Bogaerts - SS
    Jackie Bradley - OF
    Jared Saltalamacchia - C
    Dickey AND Niese for two unproven prospects?? neither of which are even top 30 MLB prospects?? List I see has Bogaerts at 31 and Bradley at 39.

NO THANKS

If we're gonna trade both only for two prospects outside the top 30, I'd rather trade them both for 1 top 5 or top 3 prospect thats close to MLB ready. And if you did that you can probably still get another 1 or 2 mid to low-level prospects.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 12-05-2012 at 10:32 PM.

vCash

Mets Trade:
    R.A. Dickey - Pitcher
    Jonathan Niese - Pitcher
    Wilmer Flores - 3rd Base
    Low A Prospect

Red Sox Trade:
    Xander Bogaerts - SS
    Jackie Bradley - OF
    Jared Saltalamacchia - C
    Rejected! No way we trade both Niese and Dickey.

But how about:
    Mets Trade:
    R.A. Dickey - Pitcher
    Jeurys Familia - Pitcher
    Wilmer Flores - 3rd Base
    Matt Den Dekker - Center Fielder
    Domingo Tapia - Pitcher

Red Sox Trade:
    Jackie Bradley - OF
    Bryce Brentz - OF
    Ryan Lavarnway - C
    Garin Cecchini - 3rd Base
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Didn't Ike play 1B and RF at ASU? Doesn't he have a cannon for an arm? Worst case couldn't we move him to RF if we got back a slugging prospect that has to play 3B or 1B?

vCash
    Yeah but Ike plays above average defense at first base so I'd rather leave him there and trade for an outfielder. If Ike could move that simply I would say move him and just put Flores at first and problem solved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash

Mets Trade:
    R.A. Dickey - Pitcher
    Jonathan Niese - Pitcher
    Wilmer Flores - 3rd Base
    Low A Prospect

Red Sox Trade:
    Xander Bogaerts - SS
    Jackie Bradley - OF
    Jared Saltalamacchia - C
    dude why would we trade them both? we have niese locked up for 5 years 25 mil, santana will no longer be with us next year, and niese would be the only legit left hander we will have left, only a fool would trade 2 very valuable starters for unproven prospects, prospects are a sham, only a small % of them work out in the bigs, niese is more than proven.

vCash
    I would think that a 38 year old Cy Young Award winner would land a major league ready player. If they decide to trade him they need to capitalize because his stock is extremely high right now.
    Last edited by SILVER SEAVER; 12-06-2012 at 02:01 AM.

vCash
    Full List of Minor League Free Agent. Find the Bargain!

600+ Players

http://www.baseballamerica.com/stati...ayers/mlfa.php
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Ok not a big poster here more of a reader but I have a name I would like some info on and why we aren't intrested in this guy. Billy Hamilton, ss from the Reds, not sure is he is touchable but this guy can fly and fills a need at SS. Why not something like R.A. and Flores for this kid? Maybe we would have to throw in another prospect arm but would be well worth it. Like I said maybe he is not avail. but would like to see us try. This kids would be a perfect fit on our team in our stadium, any thoughts?

vCash
    Need at SS? We have Tejada. Hamilton was moved to the OF but could probably handle 2B not SS. The Reds are grooming him to become their future CF.

vCash
    Reds aren't going to part with him.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast