Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It would be stupid to give up alot for a 38 year old

vCash
    I'm not even remotely interested in Dickey. As I've said before, I would much rather have Niese.

vCash
    Take it with a grain of salt but :

@KennedyMLB: Bob Elliott saying: "Am told" JP Arencibia and Gose gets the Jays Dickey, "but Mets still looking for better offers."

vCash
    Yeah Gose+JPA would be pretty easy to accept for me. Not sure that actually gets it done though.

vCash
    I thought it would take more. Probably still will, but if the deal was just JPA + Gose and maybe minor prospects I would do it for sure.

Johnson-Dickey-Buehrle-Morrow-Romero :droooooooool:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AntwanN21 View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt but :

@KennedyMLB: Bob Elliott saying: "Am told" JP Arencibia and Gose gets the Jays Dickey, "but Mets still looking for better offers."
    i think you got to make this deal if its out there...

you are going for it, why stop

It would suck if Gose turns out good but I see the likelihood of that happening as similar to the likelihood of Rasmus turning it around and living to the hype

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post

It would suck if Gose turns out good but I see the likelihood of that happening as similar to the likelihood of Rasmus turning it around and living to the hype
    Agree with everything that is said here. IMO Gose didn't show anything in his time up that he is a can't miss prospect. And with Arencebia, we know exactly what we have in him and with Buck/ D'Arnaud we are pretty solid at the C position. If this gets its done, we have to pull the trigger.

vCash
    Arencibia + Rasmus. Nothing more. Can't give up too much for a 38 year old Rickey

vCash
    Out of curiosity, is giving up JPA and Gose for Dickey more desirable than say, signing Edwin Jackson or Brandon McCarthy, and then trading JPA to Texas for someone like Martin Perez, and holding on to Gose?

vCash
    i dont trust anything bob elliott says....the man's a good writer but i think he pretends to have credible sources.

plus he called arencibia a "polished hitter" who could net them a lot in a trade. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by con_artist View Post
    Out of curiosity, is giving up JPA and Gose for Dickey more desirable than say, signing Edwin Jackson or Brandon McCarthy, and then trading JPA to Texas for someone like Martin Perez, and holding on to Gose?
    I would prefer a Perez deal hoping that last season was just a mis-step.

Otherwise I would rather target Wheeler (or other high end youngsters but closer to the bigs than Syndi/Sanchez) ) than Dickey oro Niese in a deal. If AA is serious about having a competitive club for years, then trading for Dickey/Niese is not the best option imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by con_artist View Post
    A guy like Jackson isn't coming here for a 1 year deal. Not to mention his line last year was

10-11, 189 IP, 4.03 ERA, 1.22 WHIP compared to
    20-6, 233 IP, 2.73 ERA, 1.05 WHIP, 230 K from Dickey

Dickey is the far superior pitcher

Signing Mccarthy is also an option that I like but you don't know how many innings he's gonna give you..

What Im saying is if you are gonna go for it, why not get the CY young winner

As for the Rangers and JPA, they just signed Soto so I doubt they are still looking at a catcher and if we aren't trading with the Mets, then we are just gonna have JPA sit there while TDA gets blocked in the minors

As for Gose, I guess i'm not as big of a believer. I just think the chances of him becoming a star player are very low at this point given his hit tool. I wouldn't mind trading him if it means getting the best rotation in the AL probably

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    i dont trust anything bob elliott says....the man's a good writer but i think he pretends to have credible sources.
    In his defense he called the Gibby hiring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post

I think AA has already made the offer and is waiting for the Mets to finish looking elsewhere and accept. I can't see why AA wouldn't have accepted already if it were the Mets offering him this proposal. JPA + Gose for Dickey is a pretty fair deal.
    I AM YOUR KING!

vCash
    Rather trade jp + gose for ike davis

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast