Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    403
    vCash
    1500

    JPA vs. John Buck

    If TDA does indeed get traded, one of my buddies said he'd without a doubt start John Buck over JPA, because of his one good year with Toronto Personally, I think he's retarded. What are your guys thoughts? Is Buck's defense better than JPAs? (his main argument). Am I the only one who thinks JPA defence isn't bad at all?
    Last edited by BeerJays; 12-15-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Wrong Section. Can a mod bring this over to the Jays forum? my bad.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    vCash
    1500
    Moving to Jays forum


    Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

    This sums up every sports interview, ever.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Moving to Jays forum
    Wow you're pretty quick with that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    403
    vCash
    1500
    haha yea, eh. Before i could even say "my bad". Impressive.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Wow you're pretty quick with that.
    That's what she said.

    Good timing, really. Happened to be in the MLB forum.

    Anyways I think it's pretty obvious JPA is the starter if he's not traded.


    Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

    This sums up every sports interview, ever.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,105
    vCash
    1500
    They both suck, Buck perhaps less. I don't think that's a radical suggestion at all (even if there's 0 chance of it happening), and I certainly don't think you ever need to use the r-word.
    2013

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,265
    vCash
    2890
    I remember a reporter asking Buck if he would be willing to back-up JPA considering he was called up after Buck hurt his hand back in '10. Buck immediately responded with ''I'm not so sure about that." - so I doubt Buck would be happy watching JPA receive the bulk of playing time at catcher. Who cares though? We all know Buck is a 1-year rental anyway and that JPA sucks.

    I'm going to sure as hell miss d'Arnaud once he's traded.
    I AM YOUR KING!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,137
    vCash
    1500
    If Buck could duplicate his only good season, which happened to be with us, start him for sure. Obviously we wouldn't know if he could duplicate it, but if we had a way of knowing, it's a no brainer.
    TAKE PRIDE

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    403
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    They both suck, Buck perhaps less. I don't think that's a radical suggestion at all (even if there's 0 chance of it happening), and I certainly don't think you ever need to use the r-word.
    Well, no offence. Based on being a long time reader of this forum, I don't think boundaries exist.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,105
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    I remember a reporter asking Buck if he would be willing to back-up JPA considering he was called up after Buck hurt his hand back in '10. Buck immediately responded with ''I'm not so sure about that." - so I doubt Buck would be happy watching JPA receive the bulk of playing time at catcher. Who cares though? We all know Buck is a 1-year rental anyway and that JPA sucks.

    I'm going to sure as hell miss d'Arnaud once he's traded.
    He was also playing for a contract at that time, a contract that he got. I don't think there's any confusion here that JP is the starter and Buck is the backup. He knows that, and from what we heard about what he told JJ et al. about Toronto, he's happy to be back.
    2013

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    He was also playing for a contract at that time, a contract that he got. I don't think there's any confusion here that JP is the starter and Buck is the backup. He knows that, and from what we heard about what he told JJ et al. about Toronto, he's happy to be back.
    Buck will be playing for a contract this year as well...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,105
    vCash
    1500
    Cool, he'll also be 33 years old coming off back to back crummy years. These guys aren't completely delusional, he knows what he is at this point and he knows the difference between 2010 and 2013.
    2013

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,115
    vCash
    1500
    Well then say that instead of saying "he was in a contract year" which is not only a dumb argument but irrelevant because like I said, this is also a contract year.

    I'm well aware that John Buck sucks at baseball.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,105
    vCash
    1500
    Yes, because Roy Halladay's contract year next year is EXACTLY the same as his contract year was in 2009. GTFO.
    2013

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ont.
    Posts
    9,306
    vCash
    1500
    Buck has caught all these pitchers, except Dickey. I remember back when he was here, all the pitchers liked having him behind the plate. He called a good game and they were comfortable with him.
    JPA will start and Buck is the back up, so much like last year's JPA and Mathis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •