Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I think it'd be amazing if they jumped into the Upton sweepstakes, but I highly doubt that will happen. One can dream though....
    I also would love for the sox to get Upton. I just don't see how they match up with D-Backs. I do think they would be interested in Floyd and Thorton/Crain. It's a matter of they want a shortstop for the now and future and the Sox just don't have it. I don't think Alexi is what their looking for.

vCash
    The Yankees never made an offer to Jeff Keppinger.
    https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/stat...39300097339392

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxguy1 View Post
    I also would love for the sox to get Upton. I just don't see how they match up with D-Backs. I do think they would be interested in Floyd and Thorton/Crain. It's a matter of they want a shortstop for the now and future and the Sox just don't have it. I don't think Alexi is what their looking for.
    I think it'd have to be a 3-4 team trade for the White Sox to pull it off. I think it'd have to be a deal in which the Sox gave up Viciedo or Rios to a 3rd team in order for that team to send a high prospect to Arizona to get it done. There would obviously have to be other players involved, but those would probably be the start of it.

vCash
    Nice price

vCash
    According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (via Twitter), the Yankees bid higher than the White Sox for Jeff Keppinger, but the utility infielder chose Chicago.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#UyPi2jbMZqyX7WiU.99

vCash
    In addition to Keppinger, the White Sox plan to bring in another infielder and a catcher, assuming A.J. Pierzynski leaves, tweets MLB.com's Scott Merkin.
    www.mlbtraderumors.com/#UyPi2jbMZqyX7WiU.99

vCash
    Well the market is thin. Still think they should have gone after Youk. But with the White Sox it's always "finally conservative" aka cheapskates. Sox need to make a big buy. I don't like the article about the Sox staying "afloat". They have been doing this long enough to have more than a few division titles under their belt, especially with KC, CLE & MIN in the dumps. They gave that division to DET last year. Package Beckham & Floyd with a couple prospects and get something solid in return. Hope Hahn has more brains than KW.

vCash
    The Reds are still talking to Ryan Ludwick but haven’t gotten any closer, it appears. General manager Walt Jocketty spoke to Ludwick’s agent again Wednesday and also directly to Ludwick.
    http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/2012/...-reds-ludwick/

Is it at all possible that the Reds might be interested in Viciedo if they cant bring back Ludwick. I know this is probably a dream...

Viciedo for DiDi Gregorius

Gregorius, Floyd, and another player for Upton?

vCash
    was his .332 BABIP a fluke last year? Seems his career norm is around .290.

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxguy1 View Post
    http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/2012/...-reds-ludwick/

Is it at all possible that the Reds might be interested in Viciedo if they cant bring back Ludwick. I know this is probably a dream...

Viciedo for DiDi Gregorius

Gregorius, Floyd, and another player for Upton?
    as much as i like upton,thats just not happening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Procision View Post
    was his .332 BABIP a fluke last year? Seems his career norm is around .290.
    It was.

He is the definition of a average player, nothing more. He'll have a OBP probably around .330 and just be OK.

But, OK is better than Morel

vCash
    I like the signing, personally. We're handcuffed really by the Sox cutting payroll, and Youk while I liked what he brought initially, really in my opinion kind of fell off hard towards the end of the season. That and his price range made it a done deal that he was done in Chicago.

Keppinger has had his fair share with injuries and whatnot, but paying him 4 mil a year is about as fair as a deal you can get if you're the Sox.

Kudos, Mr. Hahn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Nice job. Wise & Keppinger? This is the White Sox splash into 2013? You have Beckham & Floyd is possible trade bait to better this team and they are just gonna sit around and be another few games above .500 joke like every year. At this rate, the Cubs will rebuild and be contenders before the Sox get back into the playoffs. Try pushing the envelope just a bit please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akagiredsuns View Post
    Nice job. Wise & Keppinger? This is the White Sox splash into 2013? You have Beckham & Floyd is possible trade bait to better this team and they are just gonna sit around and be another few games above .500 joke like every year. At this rate, the Cubs will rebuild and be contenders before the Sox get back into the playoffs. Try pushing the envelope just a bit please.
    I didn't realize that the season had already started without Hahn making any more moves The FA/trade action was going to be slow until Greinke and Hamilton made decisions, so that teams could then move on to plan B. Now that Greinke is off the market, and other available SP has been moved (Shields) teams that missed out on them and see Sanchez as too expensive will start looking at Floyd. Same goes true of teams that eventually miss out on Hamilton in regards to Viciedo/Rios. Keppinger doesn't have to be great, he has to be average to be an improvement at 3B for the team in 2013.
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash
    I personally dont think he was signed to start at third base. I think he was signed to be either the replacement once beckam is traded or his versatility will allow him 3-4 starts a week at second, short and third. He's an ideal two hole hitter, which lets face it, the sox havent utilized in years. Like chitown said, the offseasons still young. "patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet"- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast