Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    technically signing Dewayne was his first move

vCash
    Much cheap than Youk.

Only a few more holes to fill and we will be good.

I like Kep better than Youk mainly for the fact he is going to probably hit about .270, he will probably hit 10 HR's but he's an overall better fit for this team than Youk was.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    Not a sexy move, but a good pickup at a good price.

vCash
    Chavez to Arizona, Daggummit!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quade36 View Post
    technically signing Dewayne was his first move
    Technically, Wise wasn't his first move either. He re-signed Peavy, picked up Tekotte, traded Ken Williams Jr., and a few other minor moves even before signing Wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    Chavez to Arizona, Daggummit!
    Would have loved to add him, too. We couldn't afford to beat 1yr/3M?

But . . . wow. So far this winter the Yankees have lost players to the Pirates (don't blame them on that one), the WhiteSox, and now the D-Backs. They were after Martin, Keppinger, and Chavez. Is this some sort new baseball world order?

(actually, probably means Youk will end up at 3B in the Bronx)

vCash
    With Keppingers stats from last year he would have had the 3rd highest wOBA (.352) and 3rd highest WAR (2.8) and 2nd highest OBP (.367) on the Sox last year. He actually had a really good year.

vCash
    Maybe they asked Herm about Chavez and he said "Not even, I, the all-powerful Herm, can keep THAT man healthy."

vCash
    Yankees are trying to cut payroll to $189 mil by 2014. They're just not willing to get into bidding wars over lower tier players anymore.

vCash
    Chavez wanted to go to Arizona; White Sox talked to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    I actually really like this deal. Defensively hes not great, but wont hurt the sox and at this point in Youks career, Kepp is proably at least as good. Also, ive been saying since the end of the season that the sox must become more dynamic i.e. get on base more and make more contact.

Per Fangrpahs:

Player Age Years Money í10-í12 WAR/600
    Scutaro 37 3 20 2.5
    Keppinger 32 3 12 2.2
    Since 2002 ó the FanGraphs Era ó 596 players have batted at least 1,000 times. Jeff Keppingerís strikeout rate ranks third-lowest, while his contact rate ranks second-highest. You can think of him as Marco Scutaro without the defense, or as Juan Pierre without the defense and the wheels. Keppinger occupies an extreme in one regard, and there are no clear signs thatís about to change.
    He just singles until he gets tired of singling. Still, as with Izturis, at this sort of contract itís hard to justify pessimism or negativity. The White Sox are paying Keppinger to be worth less than a win a season, for three seasons. Heís got more walks than strikeouts for his career and he doesnít swing and miss. If something better comes along, Keppinger can be moved out of the way. And so on and so forth.

Right now, the third-base market sucks. The White Sox got themselves a half-decent third baseman who is extremely, unusually good at one thing. Itís fine. The White Sox signing Jeff Keppinger is fine.
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...n-ball-return/

He isnt an allstar, but its moves like these that often wind up making a huge difference, see Scutaro, Marco.

Also, it gives the sox flexability where if they see another move he can be moved to another position. i.e. Beckham is traded, keppinger can play second.

vCash
    With reports that the White Sox are looking to make a splash in the trade market now, I'm thinking they're going to move a pitcher or an OF (most likely Floyd and/or Rios, possibly Viciedo). I think it'd be amazing if they jumped into the Upton sweepstakes, but I highly doubt that will happen. One can dream though....

Still, I'm curious what kind of splash they're looking for. Do they go after another 3B, a starter, or an OF?

vCash
    #yankees bid higher $12M on 3 yrs for keppinger. Either slick negotiating by new chisox gm rick hahn or chicago preference
    https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/sta...31391904907264

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    Not crazy about the move but it beats paying Youk 30M over the next 3 years!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSox0507 View Post
    Technically, Wise wasn't his first move either. He re-signed Peavy, picked up Tekotte, traded Ken Williams Jr., and a few other minor moves even before signing Wise.
    Ah my old age. I already forgot that. You are right.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast