Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That was the expectation, so they better.

vCash
    Sure the payroll will be up above $100M, it doesn't mean it's there to spend. I heard this on WFAN update, since I do not listen to Fatcesa. Jeff also mentions that Sandy will have "flexibility" for THIS off-season. Do not believe this, do not make too much of it. Jeff does this EVERY year.

vCash
    Well Sandy has stated that Dickey deal (whether trade or extension) will be done within 10 days.

vCash
    I heard through Christmas.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I heard through Christmas.
    That is what I initially heard, but Sandy supposedly talking to Fatman, came out and said before Christmas and said within 10 days. So take it for what you will. I purposefully do not listen to Fatman, so I only got it from the update.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Ahhh.. why not spend a little in 2013? Big statement means little today!
    If the Wilpons are serious...it makes sense to push for 2014 anyway.

There will be better FAs in 2014 and by then Wheeler and Harvey should both be in the rotation.

I don't really trust the Wilpons, but if they are being honest here, it makes perfect sense in every way possible to go for it big in 2014.

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Do you ever get tired of smearing (couldn't think of a better word) the Wilpons and just want to talk about baseball? Just curious.
    Sorry you can't think of a better word to describe my posts about the Wilpons. This should help.

http://thesaurus.com/

I'm accurate describing past actions and using them to predict future actions. Maybe the word analyzing? Or explaining?

I talk about baseball when appropriate. The central problem with the Mets - the elephant in the room you're phobic about addressing - is the Wilpons don't care about winning, they only care about how much they can milk out of the team.

You seem to be happy contemplating the Mets signing a .200/200 (avg./strikeout) guy like Mark Reynolds who can barely play 3rd base and converting him into an outfielder. I can't happily discuss this. I realize the Mets generate enough money to acquire credible pieces for a true winner, but it won't happen because the Wilpons are bleeding the team like leeches.

Finally, this thread isn't about what you seem to define as "baseball" (scrub acquisition). It's about ownership and spending. It's unfortunate some fans can't or won't acknowledge the central problem and have difficulty with other fans doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    Sorry you can't think of a better word to describe my posts about the Wilpons. This should help.

http://thesaurus.com/

I'm accurate describing past actions and using them to predict future actions. Maybe the word analyzing? Or explaining?

I talk about baseball when appropriate. The central problem with the Mets - the elephant in the room you're phobic about addressing - is the Wilpons don't care about winning, they only care about how much they can milk out of the team.

You seem to be happy contemplating the Mets signing a .200/200 (avg./strikeout) guy like Mark Reynolds who can barely play 3rd base and converting him into an outfielder. I can't happily discuss this. I realize the Mets generate enough money to acquire credible pieces for a true winner, but it won't happen because the Wilpons are bleeding the team like leeches.

Finally, this thread isn't about what you seem to define as "baseball" (scrub acquisition). It's about ownership and spending. It's unfortunate some fans can't or won't acknowledge the central problem and have difficulty with other fans doing it.
    You must have me confused with someone else.

As for the rest of your post, it's kind of pointless. The Wilpons aren't going anywhere.

And I never thought the signing of David Wright was considered a "scrub acquisition".

It's unfortunate that some "fans" can't see baseball for what it is, entertainment.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    You must have me confused with someone else.

As for the rest of your post, it's kind of pointless. The Wilpons aren't going anywhere.

And I never thought the signing of David Wright was considered a "scrub acquisition".

It's unfortunate that some "fans" can't see baseball for what it is, entertainment.
    In order for it to be entertainment, it has to be entertaining.

I saw every game of the 1986 season, live or on television. THAT was entertainment. Fred Wilpon took the team over and proceeded to destroy it. What we've had for most of the last 26 years is not entertainment. More often than not watching the Mets is gruelling. It'd be a form of torture if you couldn't turn it off.

I've been a Mets fan since I was a kid. I have a lot of time and energy invested in the franchise. I care about what happens to it. I think most of us on this board can say this. I vividly remember when the Mets were the greatest source of entertainment and joy you could possibly imagine. Because of that I understand exactly what this ownership has stolen from the fans. These creeps steal more than just money. I post accordingly.

vCash
    I don't believe anything that comes from this team brainless trust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    In order for it to be entertainment, it has to be entertaining.

I saw every game of the 1986 season, live or on television. THAT was entertainment. Fred Wilpon took the team over and proceeded to destroy it. What we've had for most of the last 26 years is not entertainment. More often than not watching the Mets is gruelling. It'd be a form of torture if you couldn't turn it off.

I've been a Mets fan since I was a kid. I have a lot of time and energy invested in the franchise. I care about what happens to it. I think most of us on this board can say this. I vividly remember when the Mets were the greatest source of entertainment and joy you could possibly imagine. Because of that I understand exactly what this ownership has stolen from the fans. These creeps steal more than just money. I post accordingly.
    Post whatever you want, but from my vantage point it has the impact as a fart in a windstorm.

As for the entertainment value, I love discussing the finer aspects of the game, analyzing young prospects and voicing my displeasure or gratitude. I see no entertainment value in reading about a group of people and their axe to grind about the Wilpons.

vCash
    Post whatever you want, but from my vantage point it has the impact as a fart in a windstorm.

As for the entertainment value, I love discussing the finer aspects of the game, analyzing young prospects and voicing my displeasure or gratitude. I see no entertainment value in reading about a group of people and their axe to grind about the Wilpons.
    Pretty much. You can't discuss a topic about this team anymore without it getting taken over with that nonsense.

vCash
    Hmmm.......where have I heard this before?

vCash
    I am happy they kept Wright for life. As long as they keep Ike, Niese, Harvey & Wheeler I will be relieved, everyone else is expendable IMO.

vCash
    WFAN Sports Radio ‏@WFAN660

Wilpon with Mike: "We’re giving Sandy some more money to work with now that David is done." | http://cbsloc.al/UooRJy #Mets

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast