Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Injury question

vCash

Injury question

On MNF I heard Garcon had torn ligaments on his toe and is already back playing. Suggs has a torn bicep and is more than likely going to play through the injury. Ray Lewis is coming back sooner than projected to play.

This brings up this topic on how we handle our injuries. Do ya'll think we should have placed Lee on the same status the Ravens did with Lewis? Is it players desire to play from other teams or a lack of irresponsibility of their FO on bringing them back too early? On our end are we being too cautious on handling our injuries??

Thoughts??

vCash
    Every player heals differently and also every injury is different. A torn bicep may be different from one player to another and there are many variations of the same injury. Like was it torn from the long head or the short head was it torn from the brachii tendon or the Aponeurosis or was it torn right in the middle of the muscle.

A picture for reference.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...r:79,s:0,i:370

vCash
    I agree. No two body's are the same. I'd rather be cautious than stupid. Imagine if Lee came back too early and further injured himself worse. I loved the way they handled the Murray situation.

vCash
    it is my understanding that lee just know was able to travel with the team. he is still walking with a boot... no way he could be back in time

vCash
    Ya'll make good points, I was just curious to what everyone is thought of all this. I personally think it's crazy to come back too soon from an injury. I know Peterson is having a great year but I still cringe when he makes cuts or takes on hits to lower body. I recall Lee playing with that big wrap on his hand last season and thought it was both courageous and crazy.

vCash
    i think it depends. the doctor could say, you probally cant play on this, but if you do, no additional damage will be done.

or they could say, you play, you might be risking further damage.

those 2 factors are huge.

they might say, you will hurt, so you wont be able to play at 100%, so you might hurt the team. but you wont cause further injury. so its up to you... or they could nag until they get to play.

but if they say, you are hurt, you go out there, and you could cause further injury. you could jeoperdize your entire career. you could get seriously hurt.

thats diffrent.

jerry is alot of things. nobody has ever said he was cheap. we have the best doctors, and training staff money can buy.