Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman about 2 hours ago
    Rasheed did participate in shootaround shedding walking boot. Woodson said he could return Jan. 1. That's the goal.

Jared Zwerling @JaredZwerling about 2 hours ago
    Melo is not getting an MRI. He's listed as day to day. Makes New Year's Day vs. POR definitely a primetime special .. w/ Amar'e too? #Knicks

We might have a little family reunion vs Portland.
    you know with Felton this year this could be a good thing he's out, he's failed in the games that mean something to him lol......and I mean personally.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    I am just worried the return of Sheed is the banishment of Camby. I am loving the Camby for Tyson-Tyson for Camby subs we have going on.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    I am just worried the return of Sheed is the banishment of Camby. I am loving the Camby for Tyson-Tyson for Camby subs we have going on.
    I thought my job sucked hinging on the success of many

Camby aint being banished

there's minutes between brew now Felton, after that

dude your one of the most informative posters this should be nirvana speculating on what the goatee is going to do

Wood y is definitely suspect, you may know more than me but it works

wait whats our record

does it work

vCash
    Alan Hahn

about an hour ago

Amar'e Stoudemire pointed to Tuesday as a target return date, but is he now retreating from it? More here:

Stoudemire talked with MSG Networks' Tina Cervasio during Friday's game in Sacramento. After Stoudemire told reporters in L.A. that he was eyeing Jan. 1 against the Trail Blazers as his season debut, he told Cervasio that it wasn't certain he'd be in uniform by then.

"Hopefully I'll be ready to go by then," he said. "But it's a marathon, not a sprint. So we'll see."

Stoudemire has missed the entire regular season after undergoing a left knee debridement on Oct. 31. He has been cleared to practice, but the team has yet to have time to hold a full practice to get him acclimated. That time is expected to come this weekend, when the team will have practices on Sunday and Monday before the game against the Trail Blazers on Tuesday night at the Garden.

Stoudemire said his knee is "much better" but quickly added, "It's not where I want it to be right now, but it's making progress."

So rather than being ready to go, Stoudemire is apparently still day-to-day. The concern is how he and the knee respond after consecutive practices.

"It's about taking your time and making sure you're 100 percent," Stoudemire said.

The Knicks don't want to put Stoudemire on the floor if he is at all hesitant. They want him to be ready to play all-out, the way he usually does, so there is no rush to get him back out there until he can play without any physical -- or mental -- limitations.

Stoudemire suggested it was the medical staff that is being conservative. Considering his injury history, you can't blame them. He is a very important figure in this team's plans to make a championship run. And championships aren't won in January.

"I'm anxious to go," he said, "but they're taking my time."

vCash
    I'm actually really excited for his return, better no let me down lol.......

Al Iannazzone

about 2 hours ago

Mike Woodson has pointed to the last 2 days of December as time for some needed practices for Amar’e Stoudemire and

the Knicks as a whole.

The Knicks have definitely had slippage defensively in recent weeks. They need to become sharper. Maybe more reps, more drilling will get the Knicks were they need to be defensively.

For Stoudemire, though, it’s all about reps and getting comfortable after knee surgery. He practices with the Knicks’ D-League team. But Sunday and Monday will be his first times with the Knicks since mid-October, presuming he gets clearance from team doctors.

“I’m kind of anxious to get to practice because it’s something we haven’t had a chance to do,” Woodson told reporters. “He’ll be at full go.

"I’m going to put him through a whole practice in terms of what we do, in terms of running up and down. We’ll be banging some with him, too, just to see where he is and then hopefully there won’t be any setbacks and he’ll be ready to go on New Year’s Day.”

vCash
    Look at the "team" of injured Knicks that could've been on the floor yesterday:

PG Raymond Felton
    SG Iman Shumpert
    C Amare Stoudamire
    SF Carmelo Anthony
    PF Rasheed Wallace

That's crazy. I look forward to seeing everyone healthy.

vCash
    I don't want to trade Amare, but I thought of what I think is a great trade if we had to.

Amare for Ersan IIyasova & Drew Gooden

Ersan signed that huge 5 year deal and has already fallen out of favor in MIL, and Gooden has 3 years left at big money, horrible contract.

But Ersan is 25 and played great last year and I think he'd be a perfect 4 for us that can rebound, do the dirty work and hit the 3.

And Gooden would be a solid bench player, I mean he did average 14 & 7 last year and 12 & 8 for his career.

EDIT : my bad BTW, i thought this was the trade thread...lol
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 12-30-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Anji is online now The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    I would trade Stat for Sova and Ellis.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Retweet from the Knicks

@jonahballow: #Knicks injury update: Practicing: @Amareisreal, @I_Am_Iman (limited) | Not Practicing: @carmeloanthony, @tysonchandler (ankle) #NBA

vCash
    I dont think Melo is gonna play Tuesday to be honest.

Tyson ankle? first i've heard of this!

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    I hope Melo's injury isn't worse than were being led on. Seems like the Lopez injury. I believe he finished the game, than was day to day with a sore foot and missed a few weeks.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    I hope Melo's injury isn't worse than were being led on. Seems like the Lopez injury. I believe he finished the game, than was day to day with a sore foot and missed a few weeks.
    I'm sure they just want him 100%. Maybe, he practices tomorrow, if not no biggie.

He's not in that bad a shape, we saw what he did in the second half after the injury... I'm more worried about Amare.

I say if he still has bad soreness, give him a week off then try to work him back later. But, I can't wait
    Last edited by Busta; 12-30-2012 at 03:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta View Post
    I'm sure they just want him 100%. Maybe, he practices tomorrow, if not no biggie.

He's not in that bad a shape, we saw what he did in the second half after the game.. I'm more worried about Amare.

I say if he still has bad soreness, give him a week off then try to work him back later.
    I'm not really down for a mini losing streak especially with Nets getting some life pumped back into them. I want to maintain our stranglehold on the division. If Amare can play without risking further injury, hes gonna have to deal with the pain. Same goes for Melo. I understand its a marathon and april is what matters yada yada yada, but we need to keep this division lead going throughout the season, thats very important for this team come playoff time. I would like to be able to rest guys later in the season too if we still have a big lead for the Atlantic.

I don't think we beat Portland without Melo or Amare back, and I definitely don't see us competing with SA.

vCash
    I'm not really down for a mini losing streak especially with Nets getting some life pumped back into them. I want to maintain our stranglehold on the division. If Amare can play without risking further injury, hes gonna have to deal with the pain. Same goes for Melo. I understand its a marathon and april is what matters yada yada yada, but we need to keep this division lead going throughout the season, thats very important for this team come playoff time. I would like to be able to rest guys later in the season too if we still have a big lead for the Atlantic.

I don't think we beat Portland without Melo or Amare back, and I definitely don't see us competing with SA.
    Thank you!

The Kings and the Suns were one thing, but Portland without Melo Amare or Felton would be rough. Then you can pretty much be certain that the Spurs would hand it to us as well. Not trying to be all doom and gloom but that could easily be a 3 game losing streak.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash

you're right, but Melo isn't that far away. Amare, maybe should take 2 weeks. if he is playing with soreness that really bothers him, he will over compensate. It's possible to let Melo rest his knee from practice, and play.

don't want these guys coming in n out of the line up because of lingering issues

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast