Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I don't even know what our best five is really... but I want Kidd closing games.

Felton, Kidd, Melo & Tyson are locks for me... I think the 5th guy whether it be Amare, Shump, JR, Brewer...etc... that should be on a game to game basis...
    im with you on that one but you can scratch brewer off that list bro lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickerBockerAL View Post
    im with you on that one but you can scratch brewer off that list bro lol
    lol, im not ready to give up on him just yet... this is a guy that started 81 games for the bulls when they won 62 games.

He looked great early on...

vCash
    lol, im not ready to give up on him just yet... this is a guy that started 81 games for the bulls when they won 62 games.

A bulls fan posted in our forum one day early in the season and he said "Brewer will cool off, he started his last season with the bulls real well, knocking down shots etc and then he tailed off hard" - not really quoting the guy, more like paraphrasing. But he was spot on.

vCash

I really think that it was just alot of guys playing with a ton of energy early on... which really only lasted what..10 games or so? We have been average to terrible with the exception of a few games on D since.
    I agree.. not giving up on Brewer... but he needs to earn playing time back now.. I do believe he will help later on.
    Kidd .. needs to have his minutes cut down..I fear we ran him into the ground with too many minutes...Shump and Felton coming back will help this greatly!!!

I hope Amare can get his hops back.. because we are going to need him to help big time on rebounding(which is one thing he has not done to date). because with Sheed and Camby out for what appears to be extended time again... we are going to get killed on boards.
    The one thing that hurts with Melo playing the 4 is rebounding ..because he only averages like 6.4 boards a game and that is not good for a 4.

It is going to be fun watching shump on the floor again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    I really think that it was just alot of guys playing with a ton of energy early on... which really only lasted what..10 games or so? We have been average to terrible with the exception of a few games on D since.
    I agree.. not giving up on Brewer... but he needs to earn playing time back now.. I do believe he will help later on.
    Kidd .. needs to have his minutes cut down..I fear we ran him into the ground with too many minutes...Shump and Felton coming back will help this greatly!!!

I hope Amare can get his hops back.. because we are going to need him to help big time on rebounding(which is one thing he has not done to date). because with Sheed and Camby out for what appears to be extended time again... we are going to get killed on boards.
    The one thing that hurts with Melo playing the 4 is rebounding ..because he only averages like 6.4 boards a game and that is not good for a 4.

It is going to be fun watching shump on the floor again
    It was more like 25 games. Pretty sure we were 18-5 and had a 9-2 streak followed by 2 straight losses in Texas, followed by another 9-1 streak. Brewer played well thru mostly all that IIRC and than fell off a cliff.

The guy in Brewer's role knocking down that corner 3 is so crucial for this particular offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    It was more like 25 games. Pretty sure we were 18-5 and had a 9-2 streak followed by 2 straight losses in Texas, followed by another 9-1 streak. Brewer played well thru mostly all that IIRC and than fell off a cliff.

The guy in Brewer's role knocking down that corner 3 is so crucial for this particular offense.
    If you go back and look at the defensive numbers... it fell off substantially way before we started losing alot of games...with the exception of a few well played defensive games.Just because we were out scoring teams does not mean we were playing good D. it has been bad for a while. It was not only Brewer it was the entire team...and since Brewer has a bad skill set(3pt shooting) on Offense for our team in his position..and the team as a whole playing bad D.. a move should have been made well before it was.

I am just glad that Shump is back.. hopefully his intensity on D gets contagious!!!

vCash
    Our defense has taken a huge hit because we were without our best perimeter defender all season, Kidd's usage increased and Brewer's defense isn't exactly lock down worthy;it's solid at best.

Our defense should be back to Top 9-10 when Felton returns and Shump has a few more games under his belt. It wouldn't hurt to have Camby/Sheed back either. Our front court defensively is Novak/Copeland/Amar'e/Thomas, that's brutal.

vCash
    ^^Sounds about right $29Jerz. i would venture to say that this team can easily be a top 5 defensive team if we get all our bodies back. Rasheed and Camby are so important to this team and provide much needed interior defense. If we can somehow have a fully healthy roster intact, I think we're the team to beat in the East.

vCash
    I hate to say a team like this with so much to prove is 'coasting' but it sure seems like it defensively. We started amazing just like we all thought we would, since then its the constant on/off switch and we only really turn it on once we fall behind big, its the 4th quarter, or a game we come out with an obvious chip like the Miami games/Spurs games. Also, we seem to lose it defensively when the shots stop falling instead of turning it up at that point like the Bulls do.

I do think when it comes to playoff time the 'on' switch will come on for good and take us as far as they can until the power goes out.

vCash
    I just can't wait until Felton comes back. Knicks are a harder, more organized team with him on the court.

vCash
    Shump and Felton are gonna wreck it on the defensive end. You guys remember when Shump and Lin were harassing the opposing players? It resulted in steals and fastbreaks, all day.

vCash
    **sigh** We're going through a pretty bad stretch right now. I'm getting pretty frustrated. Anyway, here are the latest injury updates

Pablo - Injured his left big toe in the game yesterday. he did not practice today but is expected to practice tomorrow. Thats weird. I guess he is day to day

Sheed - no word on Sheed. Coulda used him on Humphries yesterday

Camby - Nothing new on Camby. I think he is 2 weeks in to his injury. His original timetable was 2-4 weeks but i always thought it'd be more than that. We'll see what happens. Camby was not at Practice today. He was in Amherst gettign his number retired at UMASS. We also coulda used him yesterday.

Felton - Felton did conditioning and shooting today but still not cleared for contact. I guess he wont be ready for Thursday. That sucks. We need him more than i ever expected. Especially with Pablo being hurt.

Shump - shump was allowed to play 20 minutes last night. He didnt play too well but i blame those ugly non basketball sneakers for his performance. I'm assuming he practiced today and is doing ok. No word on how many minutes he will play against Boston but it could go up considering Pablo might be hurt.

JR Smith - JR has been nursing a bad achilles all year long - we need to give him a break but cant afford to at this time. Thats surely not helping his jumper or play making ability. This also sucks.

Im done with the knicks for the day. I'm going to try and forget about everything until Thursday. Im driving up to Boston thursday. They better not make me go up there in vain.

vCash
    Felton's pinkie was Fractured in 3 places. if he messes it up again, he'd be out 2-3 months.

vCash
    Pablo is not practicing today. I knew it didn’t sound right when they said he didn’t practice yesterday but would practice today smfh

vCash
    wasnt aware JR was playing in pain

Priggs needs to suck it up how can you injure a ****ing big toe, was he twisting corona caps with his foot?

this sheed/camby no news is starting to freak me out

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast