Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official Injuries & Recovery Update Thread

This is going to be an on going thing this season as it is every season with every team in the NBA so why not make a thread where we can talk about the various injuries affecting our team?

For starters, Camby had an MRI and it was revealed earlier today that he has Plantar Fasciitis. Not sure what his timetable is or what the usual timetable is for that type of injury.

STAT posted yesterday on his twitter "Be Back Soon" - we're hopeful he'll be every knicks fans xmas present this year and return in time for Xmas game vs LA.

Shump continues to say he is on pace for a January return although I did hear that he was dunking the basketball during his workouts. Lastly, PSD member Columbia14 put together this Shumpert Recovery Hype mix that is pretty cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I37XnEt3lds

Hope you guys like the thread idea. Post away.

vCash
    Might as well sit Camby for awhile, we don't need him at the moment, hope he gets better for playoffs. I still have no idea whats up with that dude. Why did he insist he was fine, Woody would go back and forth from insisting he was fine to saying he wasn't 'ready', now he has a very painful and long term injury?

Situation is weird, thats for sure.

And first, Amare's bruised knee was a ruptured cyst, Camby's bruised foot was plantar fascitis, I bet Felton has a ruptured tendon in his left hand considered they diagnosed it as a bruise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Might as well sit Camby for awhile, we don't need him at the moment, hope he gets better for playoffs. I still have no idea whats up with that dude. Why did he insist he was fine, Woody would go back and forth from insisting he was fine to saying he wasn't 'ready', now he has a very painful and long term injury?

Situation is weird, thats for sure.

And first, Amare's bruised knee was a ruptured cyst, Camby's bruised foot was plantar fascitis, I bet Felton has a ruptured tendon in his left hand considered they diagnosed it as a bruise.
    Camby kept insisting he was fine. Stat did the same thing. Why do these guys keep doing that? Why is it so hard to say, "im not 100%, xyz is wrong with me, im working with the medical staff to get back to 100%"? i dont get it

vCash
    A lot of us are forgetting that we have Shumpert coming back, which will enormously help rest Kidd, Felton, and JR.

Who goes when he comes back?

The Good Ole Days

vCash
    Our medical staff has to be the worst, IMO.

Shump, Shump!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    A lot of us are forgetting that we have Shumpert coming back, which will enormously help rest Kidd, Felton, and JR.

Who goes when he comes back?
    Dont expect Shump to be logging up minutes.

Shump, Shump!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    Dont expect Shump to be logging up minutes.
    i think they'll give shump the starting nod but will def monitor his minutes. I dont think either of those guys will lose significant minutes tho. I just think Pablo will hit the bench hard and J kidd will run the PG off the bench. There you go. problem solved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    Our medical staff has to be the worst, IMO.
    I think its the PR staff more than the Med Staff. Med staff doesn't put out these updates to the media, it gets relayed to the PR staff who gives it to the media. Dolan has long been known for sheisty tactics when it comes to PR staff but I think Woody adds to it. For better or for worse, he wants to keep injuries under wraps. He refused to tell the media Kidd was out for the Nets game until the Nets were informed and than informed the media.

Quote Originally Posted by KnickerBockerAL View Post
    i think they'll give shump the starting nod but will def monitor his minutes. I dont think either of those guys will lose significant minutes tho. I just think Pablo will hit the bench hard and J kidd will run the PG off the bench. There you go. problem solved.
    I don't think Shump starts at all this season. Woody is a 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' type guy. Unless theres an injury or need for a shakeup, I don't see him shaking much up. I think Kidd would get his starting job back before Shump off an ACL tear. Woody likes Shump and he will get minutes, but he likes vets more.

vCash
    It definitely will be some time before Shump starts. But yeah, when he comes back, Pablo probably wont see playing time.

Shump, Shump!

vCash
    It all depends on what the team decides to do with Amare.

If he does actually come off the bench and Melo continues to start at the 4 then that leaves either Kidd and Brewer in the starting 5 or Kidd coming off the bench and Shumpert/Smith and Brewer in the starting 5.

On the other hand, if Amare is in the starting 5 that pushes Melo to the 3 and then we have a bit of a logjam at the 2 with Shump/Smith/Brewer all looking for minutes.

Keeping the rotations off the bench is another reason why bringing Amare off the bench makes more sense for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    I'm not willing to cut Pablo's minutes completely. We need his playmaking off the bench. Kidd, IMO, plays better as SG at this point and still think the plan should be to keep him starting for the playoffs. If Amare starts, Kidd MUST start. Shump will have to battle it out with Ronnie for his minutes. We will probably also ride the hot hand, offensively and defensively a lot, and hopefully give Ronnie some rest to get that knee healed because it sure as hell isn't healed right now.

There was a fast break against PHX where the dude barely got 2 inches off the ground. Hes taking one for the team right now and playing hurt.

My brother had the same type of Lin/Brewer meniscus surgery about a month ago, went back to work when he thought he was good and had a major setback and a great deal of swelling/fluid as a result - just from climbing ladders, not playing NBA basketball.

Ronnie needs some rest once Shump gets back.

vCash
    All that talk about us being an old team is bearing fruit right now. All those old guys have been bit by the injury bug ALREADY! With the exception of Kurt Thomas, Camby, Kidd, and Sheed have all missed games already due to injury. We need Shump and STAT back in the worst way. Im so happy its december. Final month before we get back to full strength! THE LEAGUE BETTER WATCH OUT

vCash
    All that talk about us being an old team is bearing fruit right now. All those old guys have been bit by the injury bug ALREADY! With the exception of Kurt Thomas, Camby, Kidd, and Sheed have all missed games already due to injury. We need Shump and STAT back in the worst way. Im so happy its december. Final month before we get back to full strength! THE LEAGUE BETTER WATCH OUT
    Meh. Not too worried about day-to-day injuries. I am sure if this was playoffs Kidd could have played, Camby could play etc...

Plenty of young guys in this league suffering long term injuries too.

When getting the old guys, we expected these day-to-day, early season precautionary measures. I still take these vets over young guys like Fields and Jorts 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

vCash
    It almost seems like NY is afraid to come out and tell the fans the extent of injuries.

Amare 2 weeks turned into almost 8 weeks

Camby...lol...still remember the "7-10 days"... now its going to be about 3-4 months it seems.

Remember Azuibuke would be back around xmas?...lol. Then he never played for us.

Lin was out "4-6 weeks"...he never played again either.

anyway, good thing is we don't need Camby right now, and if Amare comes back we really don't need him. Who would have thought Sheed would play so much?

Camby can sit out half the year... let him come back 100%... and if not, deal him out west to a contender for a late 1st or a younger prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Meh. Not too worried about day-to-day injuries. I am sure if this was playoffs Kidd could have played, Camby could play etc...

Plenty of young guys in this league suffering long term injuries too.

When getting the old guys, we expected these day-to-day, early season precautionary measures. I still take these vets over young guys like Fields and Jorts 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.
    Agreed...

Shump & Rose are young...where are they?

MIN's young puppies Love & Rubio have yet to play a game together...

Age can be overrated... there are alot of young injury prone guys... and older guys that are never hurt.

How many times have Gallo & Ill Will been injured the past 4 years? Kidd has been much more durable than most young guys. Him missing a week is no big deal.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast