Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    So, you don't like winning? All he does is win and he has proved it at every level.
    so has vince young. should we give him another shot?

vCash
    I have lost all respect for a few posters in this thread.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Him not playing in New York has more to do with Rex babying Sanchez, and less to do with his talent.

On First Take this morning, when asked who should be the Jets starter, America had Greg M. at 17%, Sanchez at 21%, and Tebow at 62%.

It goes to show, Tebow is clearly the favorite, and should start.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ooh Child View Post
    Vince had 1/3 of Tebows ability.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    Thank god you don't run our organization.
    I'm not sure what warrants this response. We need a QB, correct? Let Tebow come in and push Foles. The run heavy offense we could run with Tim, Brown, and McCoy could be very scary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    In the 11 games Tebow started last year, he had a completion percentage of 46.7 and averaged 123.5 yards per game. You think that's worthy of being a starting NFL quarterback? Keep in mind, the team that went 7-4 under Tebow is now 9-3 under a real quarterback named Peyton Manning.

Vick had a completion percentage of 58.5 and averaged 240.6 yards per game this year behind a god awful offensive line. Please, don't even get me started on this. There is no comparison, Vick is hands down a better player than Tebow. If you argue otherwise you don't know a thing about football.
    So, 1 less loss from the transition from Tim to Peyton, wow!!! You act as though Tim was useless.

In that division, the Broncos are still 9-3 with Tebow right now.

vCash
    Did you see the pass Tebow made to win the playoff game? He has it in him, it just needs to be retooled a little. Who better to fix him then Any Reid?

The Jets are idiots. He is easily better than the Sanchize, even Rex knows it. Rex just knows Sanchez will go all Belcher and off himself if he ever gets replaced by the Tim.
    Too soon. Way too soon

vCash
    I'm not sure what warrants this response. We need a QB, correct? Let Tebow come in and push Foles. The run heavy offense we could run with Tim, Brown, and McCoy could be very scary.
    No. You said it earlier. The only way you bring in Tebow is if he's the starter. The media frenzy will ruin Foles. In favor of Tebow, most the media coverage on the Eagles is complaint over lack of heart and effort. Tebow could be the answer to that.

I actually think Foles can be the guy. Many have been WAY to hard on the kid. He's a rookie, and had looked pretty good for a rookie. The sample size is too small to say he's not the guy. Of that there needs to be agreement on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ooh Child View Post
    Did you see Vince in an Eagles uniform? In a Bills uniform? He didn't win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    Did you see Vince in an Eagles uniform? In a Bills uniform? He didn't win.
    Some people don't get it.

vCash
    There isn't a question of IF he is the starter, we need to bring him in to BE the starter.

Look at the weaknesses on this offensive line. Tebow can mask that with his athletic ability and mobility. Work off of a 1 read offense, much like Griffen, and let Tebow use his strengths.

A trio of Tebow, McCoy, Brown running the ball would be amazing to watch.
    The reason Griffin is able to do these option runs, that he should do less and less of considering the hits that he takes from them is because he can actually throw the ball. They aren't crowding the line at all times waiting for the option to come. The whole idea of a completely run based offense sounds nice and all in theory, but if you can't pass the ball at all it's very unlikely that you'll win. You say Andy could potentially make Tebow a better passer, but with those long mechanics it'll be nearly impossible to do, hell, Tebow already tried. I'd much rather give Foles a chance to learn the offense better and progress through the stages of a young QB then waste our time with a gimmick offense.

vCash
    If the problem is having a lack of QB's who aren't that good, sure Tim Tebow may solve some of those issues.

However he's not going to turn suck into not suck.

While clearly atheltic and talented, his talents do not extend to make him a quality QB. Just as though we do not rate a pitcher on a w-l record, rating Tebow highly because he just so happened to be the QB when the Broncos won some games, doesn't make him good. Most of those games, he was trash on a stick for much of it, coming alive and being held in the game by a staunch defense. What staunch defense do we currently have?

Tebow just....isn't an NFL QB. His throwing motion is long and he makes poor reads coupled with bad accuracy on almost anything but the deep ball, it seems. Tebow brings the Tim Tebow Drama/Media Train to town with him. Stay far away from Tebow at QB. Far. Far away.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I have lost all respect for a few posters in this thread.
    I was just going to say this, for a second I thought it was all for laughs and giggles but wow.

I won't even argue the skills side, but how can anyone want a guy who's not even respected by other players league wide, even on his own team??

He's not even capable like Kaepernick or RG3 to running an option offense with a lot of success because his accuracy sucks and his deep balls suck.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    The throw he made to win the playoff game against Pitt was perfect. Perfect. He already has the tools, he's ready.
    Once in a blue moon everything comes together for me and I can throw a perfect pass too. Dude, that was one good pass (one of only a few he had that game), but its obvious Demaryius Thomas did 90% of the work there.

vCash
    Sorry Eric, I can't do it anymore.

Yes, Tebow is ****ing terrible. He's awful, and I have made countless posts in the past saying these very things.

We were bored, this place has been dead, needed to have some fun. I tried to be convincing but dear God it was getting tough.

Trust me, I want no part of Tenow, ever.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast