Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Jay Severin III ‏@Jay_Severin
    B+B: <BREAKING> Just heard from Fed Source: "George Soros-owned Election machines - mfg'd in Mexico! - manipulated election #s for Obama."

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAH :-l

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm still stunned that there was discussion (diversion) of the actual poll and the discussion shifted to Democrats and birthers.
    It's an argument from analogy.
    Last edited by gcoll; 12-15-2012 at 07:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post

Or, if a guy keeps mocking me because my wife is fat, pointing out that his wife is fat too is not off topic.
    It's actually not very relevant since the skinniness/fatness of his wife doesn't change the fact that your wife is fat. This is the problem with a two party system, the choice shouldn't be between two fat wives as if that is that is the only possible choice. Why can't we have a variety of choices so we can stop picking the lesser of two evils or have to have canidates that pledge allegiance two one of two basic party planks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    It's actually not very relevant since the skinniness/fatness of his wife doesn't change the fact that your wife is fat.
    But the debate isn't over whether my wife is fat or not as a factual matter.

The debate is over about what that implies.

Like if a poll says that 50% of Republicans failed a math test. And I put forward that fact to advance my idea that Republicans are dumber than Democrats; the fact that 50% of Democrats also failed that test becomes very ****ing relevant.
    Last edited by gcoll; 12-15-2012 at 08:36 PM.

vCash
    There is a very clear difference between the ideologies that is rooted in sourcing.
    Murdochs news empire, was founded under a completely ficticious accusation that the MSM had a liberal agenda.
    The only agenda they followed was profits and audience shares.
    Now, it was a great ploy,it was a wonderful buisness plan.convince people through reasonable assesments and limited analysis that the country was being subverted by a marriage between liberal politicans and liberal media.
    as evidence simply present every bigoted,racially charged social view that runs opposite to what the consensus of people had come to embrace over the last hundred years.

then tell your audience, hey, your not alone, they just want you to THINK your alone, we REALLY are the majority, its just another lie.

The obvious reason that so many Rt. leaning citizens believe these ridiculous stories is because they are constantly being lie to. Manipulated by a buisness plan, masquarding as news or political views.
    I think Ive shared this before , but I volunteer at the VA hospital on my free time, working with ptsd and other vets with different issues, and one of the guys that works there, not some wild eyed troubled vet,...a reasonable level headed guy, tells me that he learned through Breitbart or one of those entertainment(news) sources that Obama is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood and our debt is a plan to bankrupt the country to allow for its overthrow.

Limbaugh, tried to claim the character Bane, from Batman, was created to draw a nefarious correlation between a evil villain and Romney...trueshit...then some one pointed out that the charecater was created twent years ago and he had to drop that one, but it is constant and it is equally ridiculous and people believe it.
    People believe Ghost hunters, and storage wars, and jersey shore, and Survivor, and Rt media is the exact same thing.

vCash
    The point is that both sides are too stupid and "winning" the qualification of being less stupid than the other side is not really winning at all, and yet has become the way of our politics.

If you are questioning the validity of the poll/test as a marker of measuring what it claims to be measuring then I can see how the second claim may be relevant but its still not a strong argument.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456