Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Free contraceptives.

Supported legalization of marijuana.

Reduced interest rates on student loans (with the liklihood that they will be forgiven).

Increased free medical coverage.

More food stamps and welfare checks for minorities.
    1. Contraceptives are a form STD prevention. It should be covered under health insurance.

2. The president doesn't determine interest rates, so I don't know what you mean by this. And no one in the Obama administration has even talked about forgiving student loans, which is unfortunate.

3. Obama has never stated his support for the legalization of marijuana. In fact, I think he's against it.

4. Is increased medical coverage supposed to be a bad thing? We're one of the worst countries in terms of health coverage, so I don't know why increasing health care coverage would be bad for anyone.

5. Again you're generalizing a whole group of people in a way that is incredibly offensive. There are tons of white males who use food stamps. But your point is that food stamps have increased under Obama which simply isn't true. The same regulations for the acquisition of food stamps and welfare have been the same for almost two decades. I will concede that welfare needs to be reformed, but to place the blame of something that has been in place for years on Obama who wasn't even a senator when it was enacted is just ridiculous and ignorant.

vCash
    How is not forgiving student loans unfortunate?

vCash
    Giving gifts to job creators? I see no problem with that.
    If they are failing to actually create jobs (as evidenced by our high unemployment) despite having the least amount of taxes against them probably ever but certainly in the last 40 years, and needed to be bailed out by the Government (in the case of the financial and auto industries)...

Why exactly do they deserve these gifts again?

I'd argue that the people who abuse Welfare are about as entitled to their benefits as the "Job Creators" based on their actual success at their job...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    It seems me the "Job Creators" have completely twisted the way the world works.

Whereas you and me need to do the job in order to get rewarded, they expect to get rewarded as incentive to do the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    For the love of God.

The election was lost because the GOP refused to revise its message, and was unwilling to concede the blatant fact that social conservatism has no place left in American politics. Had they stuck to a clear message that dealt with fiscal reform, and returning prosperity to America, and put a ****ing rag down the throats of Aiken and the other dude, the election would likely have come out differently. Romney did as well as anyone could expect with the **** sandwich of a message the GOP was trying to sell. Obama was vulnerable- probably more vulnerable than was Bush in 2004. But the GOP couldn't get over itself, and do what it needed to win. Arrogance and obstinance lost them that election, period.hese people need to quit crying. They don't need to GTFO as the other thread implies, but rather grow the **** up, and get back on the principles that yield success, and resonate with Americans.

Its one thing to lose the election to utter stupidity. Its maddening to see the same people then continue in their delusion after having just been slapped in the face by reality. What does a good football coach do when they lose a tough game? They see what went wrong, where their plan was flawed, where execution was flawed, and where leadership broke down. Then they fix it for the next game, or get ready to lose again.

ACORN my ***. Antiquated thinking? DING DING DING DING

vCash
    Obama playing Santa Claus to minorities, women, and young people was the reason he won the election.

Also...Christie slobbering all over Obama's cawk like a juicy steak.
    I'm sorry, but Gov. Christie acted 100% appropriately. To make it a political ****ing game when millions of people were dealing with tragedy due to a storm is absurd and pathetic.

Your reaction to Gov. Christie being a respectable politician and a decent human being is the problem we have with politics today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    For the love of God.

The election was lost because the GOP refused to revise its message, and was unwilling to concede the blatant fact that social conservatism has no place left in American politics. Had they stuck to a clear message that dealt with fiscal reform, and returning prosperity to America, and put a ****ing rag down the throats of Aiken and the other dude, the election would likely have come out differently. Romney did as well as anyone could expect with the **** sandwich of a message the GOP was trying to sell. Obama was vulnerable- probably more vulnerable than was Bush in 2004. But the GOP couldn't get over itself, and do what it needed to win. Arrogance and obstinance lost them that election, period.hese people need to quit crying. They don't need to GTFO as the other thread implies, but rather grow the **** up, and get back on the principles that yield success, and resonate with Americans.

Its one thing to lose the election to utter stupidity. Its maddening to see the same people then continue in their delusion after having just been slapped in the face by reality. What does a good football coach do when they lose a tough game? They see what went wrong, where their plan was flawed, where execution was flawed, and where leadership broke down. Then they fix it for the next game, or get ready to lose again.

ACORN my ***. Antiquated thinking? DING DING DING DING
    Good post. Republicans have a place in politics. But Aiken, Bachmann.. some of these loons need to go. Be more reasonable with your social views and more people will follow.

vCash
    i genuinely feel bad for intelligent, sensible conservatives like patsfan, hcf, bmd and br... their voice has been completely drowned out by the lunatic fringe wing of their party. instead of being able to engage in reasonable debates with differing minds, they're stuck trying to scream over the verbal diarrhea spewing out the mouth of the mental midgets who have commandeered their party.

you have my sympathy, guys!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    i genuinely feel bad for intelligent, sensible conservatives like patsfan, hcf, bmd and br... their voice has been completely drowned out by the lunatic fringe wing of their party. instead of being able to engage in reasonable debates with differing minds, they're stuck trying to scream over the verbal diarrhea spewing out the mouth of the mental midgets who have commandeered their party.

Isn't that the truth. I consider myself leaning right. But I can't get on board with these extreme right wingers whose answer is to go further right. I'm talking about Militray complex, Anti-Abortion, Bible carrying people who in reality are dangerous. The fact that 49% of people think the election was stolen is evidence that the GOP is ..well.. nuts.

vCash
    Obama playing Santa Claus to minorities, women, and young people was the reason he won the election.

Also...Christie slobbering all over Obama's cawk like a juicy steak.
    If by giving gifts like marriage equality, path to citizenship, and the right to have contraception covered by an employer insurance policy, then yes there were gifts. It's too bad rightists can't accept that these aren't financial gifts, but social equality being promoted. It's not a white, male, Christian, wealthy dominated electorate. Deal with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post

If they're older than about 40, they were part of making a deal with the devil. Their party has benefited from appealing to an irrational fringe for decades, employing a deliberate strategy of lying to the gullible in order to get their votes. This is just the chickens coming home to roost. Turns out when you convincingly lie and brainwash people into believing something long enough, they'll believe it.

You want to look at who brought about this delusional thinking? It's the plutocrats of the Republican party who realized their anti-worker, anti-woman, anti-minority, anti-99% economic policies would not sell to working class people on their own. So they made a conscious choice in the 70s and 80s to appeal to a group that was largely non-political, the religious right. Hard to believe, but before that time period, they kept their religion and politics separate. They voted in the same numbers as most people, and their votes were split between the parties. You know, like the members of almost every other religious group.

So then the GOP decided they needed to get those votes all for themselves, else they would never be able to get a majority again (remember Democrats held the House for 40 years! before this). They threw away their pro-choice members, they threw away their pro-environment members, they threw away their entire Northeastern wing and all it stood for. They created an artificial reality where Christianity is under siege, where white america is being lost to a dusky horde, where most science is a hoax, and where ACORN is the enemy within. They created a paranoid cult based on false information fed to the masses by their own dedicated propaganda channel, and then convinced their cultists everything outside the cult is untrustworthy -- the dreaded MSM.

And now some in the GOP want to stand back and express their shock at the very monster they created. Here is my response: You made this happen and have reaped the benefits for decades; congratulations on finally recognizing the downside. Now you get to face the horrible, dangerous mess you made with your cultish propaganda, as the rest of us have been for many, many years.
    Last edited by Labgrownmangoat; 12-06-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    “A riot,” said Martin Luther King, “is the language of the unheard.”

vCash
    Supported legalization of marijuana.
    How is this a bad thing? Also he's against it (which makes no sense).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    If they're older than about 40, they were part of making a deal with the devil..
    Looks like I just missed the meeting at the crossroads.

vCash
    Isn't the whole point of being president being able to enact legislation that benefits Americans?

Not sure how making people pay for their own healthcare, or states voting for marijuana legalization(that the federal government doesn't even support. See: California) is somehow giving "gifts" to people.

The whole thing consists of silly, nonsense talking points with no substance. Instead of trying to make everyone who voted for Obama look like scumbag moochers, maybe the GOP should look in the mirror and see where they failed, and how they can improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    PPP Poll

I guess it is not just Romney who is deluded as to why President Obama was reelected.
    I don't buy into these types of opinion polls.

You give people a multiple choice, if they really dislike a politician, they are going to pick the least favorable choice. (that's my theory)

The poll I always point to to demonstrate this point is the poll that showed half of all Democrats believed that Bush either orchestrated 9-11, or had foreknowledge and let it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe
    i genuinely feel bad for intelligent, sensible conservatives like patsfan, hcf, bmd and br... their voice has been completely drowned out by the lunatic fringe wing of their party.
    To the Democratic audience, yes. But our view of a lot of these guys, is like your view of Allan Grayson.

It's just that when our nuts shoot off at the mouth, the media's confirmation bias kicks into high gear.

Are you really going to try and tell me that Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are more sensible/logical/reasonable people than Mitch Mcconnell and John Boehner?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast