Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 81
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,339
    vCash
    1500

    49% Of GOP Think A Non Existent Group Stole The Election

    PPP Poll

    49% of GOP voters nationally say they think that ACORN stole the election for President Obama. We found that 52% of Republicans thought that ACORN stole the 2008 election for Obama, so this is a modest decline, but perhaps smaller than might have been expected given that ACORN doesn't exist anymore.
    I guess it is not just Romney who is deluded as to why President Obama was reelected.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,767
    vCash
    1500
    A significant percentage of Republicans live in a self-created reality that bears only a passing resemblance to the one the rest of the world lives in.

    It's a reality where Christianity is not a religion. It's a reality where a non-existent get-out-the-vote group ACORN stole the election. It's a reality where President Obama lost the popular vote in 2012, so we should have a revolution. It's a reality where Mitt Romney was clearly a shoe-in to win the election. It's a reality where global warming and evolution are just cruel hoaxes perpetrated for nefarious reasons. It's a reality where our President is a Muslim, a Kenyan, and a socialist.

    This reality exists by virtue of believing in, trusting, and relying upon bad, false information. But they are not amenable to hearing about it, as they don't trust those who point out inconvenient facts.
    Last edited by Labgrownmangoat; 12-05-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

    People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,510
    vCash
    1500

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,389
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    PPP Poll



    I guess it is not just Romney who is deluded as to why President Obama was reelected.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,669
    vCash
    1500
    Once reality trumps the false narrative and propaganda model, people become understandably confused, bitter, angry, etc.

    Republicans were told by many pundits and others on their news station that it was going to be a "landslide" victory for Romney. They were also told that voter fraud is a rampant and serious problem in this country(ironically only from the Democrats though)

    What confuses me the most in situations like this is that instead of questioning the source, they refuse to accept that they have been duped. This goes for media, government, etc not just FOX News.
    Last edited by The Schmooze; 12-05-2012 at 01:15 PM.

  6. 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM
    Reason
    Not okay

  7. 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Speaking as a Democrat, I really really hope the GOP holds on the that narrative. That will keep them from making the changes to their message they need to win elections.

    This seems to be a classic case of blaming the other guy for your team's failure.
    Rubio and Ryan just today made it clear that they realize that narrative isn't going to work (hopefully they realize it's just completely and utterly stupid too) and kind of took subtle jabs at Romney and the whole 47% debate.

    http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/pol...ye-47-percent/
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  9. 12-05-2012, 03:39 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post

  10. 12-05-2012, 03:41 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post

  11. 12-05-2012, 03:59 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,000
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    as opposed to romney playing santa to the wealthy and large corporations...
    Giving gifts to job creators? I see no problem with that.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,000
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    WHAT?!?! Where's my gift?!?!?!
    How old are you?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

  14. 12-05-2012, 04:16 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    How old are you?
    Want to ask me?
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

  16. 12-05-2012, 04:19 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

  17. 12-05-2012, 04:26 PM
    Reason
    Quotes of Deleted Posts

  18. 12-05-2012, 04:30 PM
    Reason
    Quotes of Deleted Posts

  19. 12-05-2012, 04:32 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

  20. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,669
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    I don't lie. Everything I say is the truth.
    Can you specify on these "gifts" you're talking about?

  21. 12-05-2012, 04:34 PM
    Reason
    Quotes of Deleted Posts

  22. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,603
    vCash
    1500
    but seriously, keep sticking to your guns on these types of theories... it only serves to help those of us on the left more and more!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  23. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    I don't lie. Everything I say is the truth.
    I disagree with your statement that it is THE TRUTH (my caps, not yours) but I do believe that everything you say, you honestly and truly believe it to be the truth and that you are 100% sincere in what you say.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

  24. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,391
    vCash
    1500
    Well the numbers line up quite well. About half the GOP is completely braindead. Seems about right.

  25. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,170
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Giving gifts to job creators? I see no problem with that.
    If their job is to create they should be fired.

  26. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,000
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    Can you specify on these "gifts" you're talking about?
    Free contraceptives.

    Supported legalization of marijuana.

    Reduced interest rates on student loans (with the liklihood that they will be forgiven).

    Increased free medical coverage.

    More food stamps and welfare checks for minorities.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •