Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Have you guys seen this video of our fans at the Thanksgiving game?

I laughed but I was also a little horrified. This video is BRUTAL. I felt bad for the players but I also think this team needed to hear this stuff. I thought the guy yelling out "Save us, Tebow!" was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=r4xGGgz5TcI

vCash
    I saw that video before; can't say I blame the fans being down 35-3!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    yep.. It was hilarious..It was funny when the guy said, "don't bother coming back out".. Fans can be so cruel but I couldn't stop laughing..

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    LMAO... Brutal.. TEBOW ....TEBOW.. SAVE US.. SANCHEZ YOU SUCK! LMAO ..

Its going to get worse if Sanchez continues to struggle. If Rex thinks a game vs Jacksonville will change how the fans feel about 4 crappy years of Sanchez then he just gambled and lost bigtime.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Yeah, a bunch of scum bag cowards are hysterical.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Yeah, a bunch of scum bag cowards are hysterical.
    Exactly!!

I was embarrassed.

vCash
    It was a horrible 30 minutes of football, and I don't blame anyone for voicing their displeasure by, say.... booing, or leaving (although I think that is counter productive - but if it makes someone feel better, who am I to judge), but to yell profane personal insults at human beings - even ones you're paying to see - is not OK in my opinion, and paying doesn't give you the right to act outside the bounds of acceptable human behavior - but it wouldn't be NY/NJ without it.

Whatever! People say, "If you don't want to hear it - play better," but does anyone think that will help anyone play better?

We all make choices on how we behave, and I have to factor in the "mob mentality" (because you know probably no one would say anything if they were one on one with any of the players - they would probably be trying to get an autograph - AND YOU KNOW THAT)!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Embarrassed by it, don't think I could boo my team like that. Having said that, when you spend almost 200 dollars per seat for those tickets on thanksgiving, I understand it a lot more clearly.

vCash
    That was a little over the top. I understand the fans frustration, but taking insults that far is too much. No matter how bad our Jets have looked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    It was a horrible 30 minutes of football, and I don't blame anyone for voicing their displeasure by, say.... booing, or leaving (although I think that is counter productive - but if it makes someone feel better, who am I to judge), but to yell profane personal insults at human beings - even ones you're paying to see - is not OK in my opinion, and paying doesn't give you the right to act outside the bounds of acceptable human behavior - but it wouldn't be NY/NJ without it.

Whatever! People say, "If you don't want to hear it - play better," but does anyone think that will help anyone play better?

We all make choices on how we behave, and I have to factor in the "mob mentality" (because you know probably no one would say anything if they were one on one with any of the players - they would probably be trying to get an autograph - AND YOU KNOW THAT)!

GO JETS!!!
    That makes it even worse. You're right. We all make choices on how we behave. People who give into that mob mentality are the biggest cowards of all. Those weren't high school kids succumbing to peer pressure (which I don't agree with, but that's a topic for a different conversation). Those are adult scum bags.

That wasn't booing. I don't believe in booing your team because I don't think it helps, but come on now...that was not booing a team that stunk it up.

That was berating others for having a horrible day at work. Those were very personal attacks made by people who know the players aren't going to slap the taste out of their mouths because they don't want to get sued.

A bunch of cowards. Just like trolls on internet forums who are really tough behind their keyboards. It's really easy to call people names when you don't have to stand in front of them and possibly get punched in the face.

Being a tough guy is easy when you have something to hide behind.

I will now step down from my soap box before my nose starts to bleed.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Embarrassed by it, don't think I could boo my team like that. Having said that, when you spend almost 200 dollars per seat for those tickets on thanksgiving, I understand it a lot more clearly.
    No one put a gun to their heads and made them spend that money.

If the team went out there, and didn't care, or didn't try, that's one thing. This team is bad, and those fans knew that when they decided to leave their families behind and go to a game on Thanksgiving.

No one should be talked to like that for having a bad day at work.

As much of a douche as Fireman Ed is, he didn't deserve the treatment he got for wearing Sanchez's jersey. Then again, he didn't have to announce his "retirement" from a job that didn't exist...so **** him.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Wow first time seen anything like that , that bad. Thanks for posting the video. Fans on alcohol can be so cruel. Imagine what it's like in Philadelphia. Heard that place is harsh.

vCash
    How bout that look Belichick had on his face the entire second half like he was cumming in his pants the whole time? (He probably was)
    Jets Fans in Purgatory

vCash
    As an educator I have a different stance than most. I feel that fans who pay their money have the right to say anything they like. The main reason being is that these players are supposed to be professionals.

As a Dean at a school I am in charge of discipline. I have individuals curse me out and disrespect me on a daily basis. As a professional however, I cannot stoop to their level and begin spouting inappropriate language back at them or negatively talk about them through any social media (i.e Facebook, Twitter). As with some students who become upset, I even expect it. Hence when the team you represent is down 35-3 as a player expect it too!!!!! Focus on doing your job as a professional.

IMO fans have a right to verbally express themselves. Just like students however inappropriate their behavior may be have the right to receive an education. As a minority I take offense to many of the posters on here who make subtle comments about Sanchez's background, but many people have no problem with it. As most of us heard, or hear when we go to Metlife stadium many fans do not have a problem with personal attacks, whether negative, racial, or derogatory in nature towards the players and coaches. As professionals these athletes must block it out and continue. Yes I understand them being upset with the attacks and language, but just like I can understand when a student curses me out because of a situation, these players need to understand the fans frustrations too!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    No one put a gun to their heads and made them spend that money.

If the team went out there, and didn't care, or didn't try, that's one thing. This team is bad, and those fans knew that when they decided to leave their families behind and go to a game on Thanksgiving.

No one should be talked to like that for having a bad day at work.

As much of a douche as Fireman Ed is, he didn't deserve the treatment he got for wearing Sanchez's jersey. Then again, he didn't have to announce his "retirement" from a job that didn't exist...so **** him.
    Dude the team came out and played like dog ****ing ****. You can say what you want about them not being forced to go. I get that. But they still went and made plans to go and watch their team put up a fight. The team's fight was hilariously bad, especially when you consider that they played extremely well on the road against that same team not too long before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast