Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    Haven't we always been told driving is not a right, it's a privilege? To obtain a license, you have to have a temporary passport which only gives you a limited license or are a citizen of this country. These people nor have the privilege or the legal status to get one. They do not deserve to drive on the very roads I drive on every day. There are many of people not from this country who did the right thing and applied to citizenship and took all of the classes to obtain one. Illegals should be detained and sent back to their native countries.
    And people question how the republican party are losing people in the country.....

    I'm no supporter or water carrier for the democratic party, nor will I ever support them. I voted for Jill Stein, so no one better confuse me with being an Obamazon here. With that being said, I'm glad the republicans lost the white house, and I'm glad that their future looks pretty bad.

    Just because you're not a U.S. citizen does not mean you don't have the right to drive a car and live in the country. A U.S. citizen is not above anyone else in this world, nor is a U.S. citizen below anyone.

    Also I'm glad I can drive on the road knowing that the probability that the drivers near me have a license has increased. This makes driving safer.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,102
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    Haven't we always been told driving is not a right, it's a privilege? To obtain a license, you have to have a temporary passport which only gives you a limited license or are a citizen of this country. These people nor have the privilege or the legal status to get one. They do not deserve to drive on the very roads I drive on every day. There are many of people not from this country who did the right thing and applied to citizenship and took all of the classes to obtain one. Illegals should be detained and sent back to their native countries.
    There is a difference between being legally correct and living on planet earth. As I said, the US is not going to engage in a massive deportation plan. That's what ******* nations like Iran do. They deported tens of thousands (with plans for up to 1.5 million) people into Afghanistan in 2007 and 2008
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6615585.stm
    and 900,000 more in 2011http://tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/4...fghan-refugees

    If you want us to be on par with ****wads like the Iranian government, well, that's just your opinion, man. I think we can do much better than that.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,234
    vCash
    1500
    How does having a license make you safer? That is something I don't understand. When I went to drivers ed class. I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know. Maybe it is different in other states, but just having a license doesn't make you necessarily safer. Getting a license also doesn't mean that everyone will get insurance, so the amount of money lost will go down a little. But if they have the license and are illegal, therefore not able to work. Then how are they able to pay for insurance?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    How does having a license make you safer? That is something I don't understand. When I went to drivers ed class. I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know. Maybe it is different in other states, but just having a license doesn't make you necessarily safer. Getting a license also doesn't mean that everyone will get insurance, so the amount of money lost will go down a little. But if they have the license and are illegal, therefore not able to work. Then how are they able to pay for insurance?

    I'd rather have people driving on the road who have passed the driving exam rather than people who have never taken it or failed.

    I'm not saying that it's automatically safe. I'm saying that the probability that my safety has increased due to more driver's with licenses has increased.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    chicago, illinois
    Posts
    12,042
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    And people question how the republican party are losing people in the country.....

    I'm no supporter or water carrier for the democratic party, nor will I ever support them. I voted for Jill Stein, so no one better confuse me with being an Obamazon here. With that being said, I'm glad the republicans lost the white house, and I'm glad that their future looks pretty bad.

    Just because you're not a U.S. citizen does not mean you don't have the right to drive a car and live in the country. A U.S. citizen is not above anyone else in this world, nor is a U.S. citizen below anyone.

    Also I'm glad I can drive on the road knowing that the probability that the drivers near me have a license has increased. This makes driving safer.
    I am not a republican for one. and the part I bolded, thank you cause I am sitting here at work laughing my *** off showing all my co workers. Cause that is about one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this site. I said if you have a temporary passport or a citizenship you have the ability to drive, not if you are a illegal. they have no rights.

    Don't ask don't tell is back, not for gays in the military, Obama's policy for questions about Libya - Jay Leno

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    chicago, illinois
    Posts
    12,042
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    There is a difference between being legally correct and living on planet earth. As I said, the US is not going to engage in a massive deportation plan. That's what ******* nations like Iran do. They deported tens of thousands (with plans for up to 1.5 million) people into Afghanistan in 2007 and 2008
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6615585.stm
    and 900,000 more in 2011http://tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/4...fghan-refugees

    If you want us to be on par with ****wads like the Iranian government, well, that's just your opinion, man. I think we can do much better than that.
    who the **** would go to Iraq? so we give licenses to people who havent taken the test or people who haven't followed the proper protocol to obtain citizenship? yeah that makes a lot of sense. how about let's give people who haven't passed a background test guns as well. cause a car is as much of a weapon as a gun. you never even addressed my first point about driving is a privilege and illegals dont have privileges.

    Don't ask don't tell is back, not for gays in the military, Obama's policy for questions about Libya - Jay Leno

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,102
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    who the **** would go to Iraq? so we give licenses to people who havent taken the test or people who haven't followed the proper protocol to obtain citizenship? yeah that makes a lot of sense. how about let's give people who haven't passed a background test guns as well. cause a car is as much of a weapon as a gun. you never even addressed my first point about driving is a privilege and illegals dont have privileges.
    Whose talking about Iraq? I am taling about the issue of Iran deporting over 1 million people into Afghanistan, where I spend much of my time. We are not Iran, and we are not going to deport 12 million people. It may be a legal response, but it sure as **** isn't the practical, or right one. I saw some of these people. It was a humanitarian disgrace.

    Who is talking about guns? Not me. I love guns, FYI, but I realize comparing the two in terms of using them as a weapon is a weak argument indeed, let alone irrelevant to this discussion.

    My suggestion was to re-examine the situaiton, and allow illegal immigrants without a criminal record a chance at citizenship. Its the only real option in front of us. Then, make the drivers license a part of that process. But I do not think giving out drivers licenses without it being a part of a path to citizenship is a good idea.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,792
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    And people question how the republican party are losing people in the country.....

    I'm no supporter or water carrier for the democratic party, nor will I ever support them. I voted for Jill Stein, so no one better confuse me with being an Obamazon here. With that being said, I'm glad the republicans lost the white house, and I'm glad that their future looks pretty bad.

    Just because you're not a U.S. citizen does not mean you don't have the right to drive a car and live in the country. A U.S. citizen is not above anyone else in this world, nor is a U.S. citizen below anyone.

    Also I'm glad I can drive on the road knowing that the probability that the drivers near me have a license has increased. This makes driving safer.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, yes it does unless you have a legal reason to be in the United States. US citizens aren't above or below anyone else in the world, but they are above everyone else while in this country. That's what citizenship is for.





  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, yes it does unless you have a legal reason to be in the United States. US citizens aren't above or below anyone else in the world, but they are above everyone else while in this country. That's what citizenship is for.
    Huh. You're going to have to explain to me how they're above non-citizens.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    7,694
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    How does having a license make you safer? That is something I don't understand. When I went to drivers ed class. I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know. Maybe it is different in other states, but just having a license doesn't make you necessarily safer. Getting a license also doesn't mean that everyone will get insurance, so the amount of money lost will go down a little. But if they have the license and are illegal, therefore not able to work. Then how are they able to pay for insurance?
    Maybe I read this wrong, but I was under the impression the main purpose of this was not to necessarily create safer driving but rather to get better documentation on the illegal immigrants living in the US. If that's not the case, I don't really see any purpose to this bill. If the person fails the driving test, do we honestly think that's going to stop them from driving without a license? And you're right, a license doesn't mean a person is a good driver.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,792
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Huh. You're going to have to explain to me how they're above non-citizens.
    How US citizens are above non-citizens in the United States? That is easy. Their rights have contingency, the rights of a US citizen extend from birth (or the acquiring of citizenship) until death.





  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    How US citizens are above non-citizens in the United States? That is easy. Their rights have contingency, the rights of a US citizen extend from birth (or the acquiring of citizenship) until death.
    And this contingency is?
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,792
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    And this contingency is?
    Being in this country? The point is, the US government will protect it's citizens through the reaches of the world. They won't protect a non-citizen.





  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Being in this country? The point is, the US government will protect it's citizens through the reaches of the world. They won't protect a non-citizen.
    And all of the non-citizens we're talking about here are in this country.

    So, sure, we're going to care more about a US Citizen in Zimbabwe than we will a Zimbabwian.. or whatever the hell they're called.. but that doesn't really have anything to do with what's being talked about here.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,234
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Maybe I read this wrong, but I was under the impression the main purpose of this was not to necessarily create safer driving but rather to get better documentation on the illegal immigrants living in the US. If that's not the case, I don't really see any purpose to this bill. If the person fails the driving test, do we honestly think that's going to stop them from driving without a license? And you're right, a license doesn't mean a person is a good driver.
    I didn't see any mention of better documentation. Maybe that is an under lying effect of the bill, but in the article they interviewed the representatives that passed this. One said the licenses will make Illinois roads safer by requiring unlicensed immigrants to undergo driver training and get insurance.

    Truthfully I think you would drive safer without a license because you don't want to be pulled over.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •