Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Well not to that extent flips. But maybe afterwards....knowing who they are and where they may be, would be the best way to handle it. You have to start somewhere. Telling them that we know that you are here illegally, so we are going to give you a license instead of at least making an effort to deport them just seems so wrong to me.
    Until a person thinks of the implications, it does seem wrong. That's why it's sometimes worthwhile to look at the practical results. That link I provided to what happened in Georgia is a good example.

How many lives is "seems wrong" worth?
    Young black males in recent years were at a far greater risk of being shot dead by police than their white counterparts 21 times greater i, according to a ProPublica analysis of federally collected data on fatal police shootings.

But racism is dead. Right?

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Well not to that extent flips. But maybe afterwards....knowing who they are and where they may be, would be the best way to handle it. You have to start somewhere. Telling them that we know that you are here illegally, so we are going to give you a license instead of at least making an effort to deport them just seems so wrong to me.
    Your logic is faulty. They will not come to the DMV if you use it to deport them. If you don't give assurances that you will not do exactly what you suggest we should do then no one will come. And we will have uninsured, unlicensed illegal immigrants on the roads costing us money and lives. If you want to have a "show me your papers" society fine. But that's -hopefully- never going to be America.

You are totally right about entrapment my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Your logic is faulty. They will not come to the DMV if you use it to deport them. If you don't give assurances that you will not do exactly what you suggest we should do then no one will come. And we will have uninsured, unlicensed illegal immigrants on the roads costing us money and lives. If you want to have a "show me your papers" society fine. But that's -hopefully- never going to be America.

You are totally right about entrapment my bad.
    You're right.

It sounds like this country has just given up with illegal immigration. Sad.

vCash
    or the US could enact some kind of immigration reform that changes the status of the 'illegals' to legal. Simple, end of problem.

vCash
    Is it just me or is this over the top wrong. Illegal immigrants (criminals) will be in possession of the state, and instead of detaining them and sending them back, they are going to give them a DL license and send them on their way.

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/se...a4bcf887a.html
    I think giving them drivers licenses is more effective than simply deporting them. Deportation causes so many issues and really does nothing to solve the issue of illegal immigration. At least with the drivers licenses, the government can get some form of documentation on them.

vCash
    Good for my former state.

Bad for whoever this guy is.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Uh, why don't they just make it easier for these folks to become citizens? If they are criminals, its not like they will be applying for a license anyway. Its clear the government is not going to engage in a massive deportation policy, so let's be pragmatic about this. Let's get people empowerd to be a positive, productive part of our society, who can go to work, go to school, pay taxes, and not live in fear.

Its time to make the best we can out of a really ****** situation, and be good people.

vCash
    Step 1 Get License
    Step 2 Get Deported
    Repeat

This would seem logical. But illegal immigrants do still have these things call mouths. And with them they speak. If they start getting picked up at the DMV and deported they will stop going. So instead of getting rid of 2-3 illegals they decided teaching them to drive was in the best interest of the state.

vCash
    Love all my undocumented friends. Especially the ones in Illinois. I'd marry them all if I could and have one giant bisexual, polygamous ceremony. Happily embrace the peaceful destruction of my recessive, lighter phenotype having genes.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Love all my undocumented friends. Especially the ones in Illinois. I'd marry them all if I could and have one giant bisexual, polygamous ceremony. Happily embrace the peaceful destruction of my recessive, lighter phenotype having genes.
    Must....resist.....Romney.....or.....Harry Reid......joke......ahhhhhhh!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Uh, why don't they just make it easier for these folks to become citizens? If they are criminals, its not like they will be applying for a license anyway. Its clear the government is not going to engage in a massive deportation policy, so let's be pragmatic about this. Let's get people empowerd to be a positive, productive part of our society, who can go to work, go to school, pay taxes, and not live in fear.

Its time to make the best we can out of a really ****** situation, and be good people.
    You'd think this reason alone would be motivation enough for government to do what you described.

vCash
    I'm glad this passed. Human beings are human beings with equal human worth regardless if they are U.S. citizens or not. A U.S. citizen is NOT more precious than someone who is not, nor vice-versa. I personally hope latinos in the country push Obama to finally help everyone get citizenship. Knowing Obama, he'll probably ignore them, but I hope people organize and FORCE him to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Must....resist.....Romney.....or.....Harry Reid......joke......ahhhhhhh!
    Should you change your mind, they're there for the taking. We're all + here.

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    I'm glad this passed. Human beings are human beings with equal human worth regardless if they are U.S. citizens or not. A U.S. citizen is NOT more precious than someone who is not, nor vice-versa. I personally hope latinos in the country push Obama to finally help everyone get citizenship. Knowing Obama, he'll probably ignore them, but I hope people organize and FORCE him to do it.
    It's certainly an interesting time for the Dreamers. I've spoken with a number of former Freedom Riders and they've all been reminded of something by the DREAM Act students.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 12-06-2012 at 06:27 PM.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    SO you think we should say come in for a license... then go gotcha... and deport them.
    haha, well, apparently a new detention center is planned to be opening in Joliet, IL. Maybe there is some connection?
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    So lets see here. Hmmmm... license them to insure they can follow the rules of the road... Or have a bunch of people unlicensed on the roads. Perhaps you are being short sighted on the point of this. I don't think this means that illegals are in possession of the state... I'm pretty sure it means nothing more than they are being checked to insure they can follow the rules.

Anyway let's here it for Illinoise...! where the libs are in charge. (Yeah that's right I'm taking it back)
    Haven't we always been told driving is not a right, it's a privilege? To obtain a license, you have to have a temporary passport which only gives you a limited license or are a citizen of this country. These people nor have the privilege or the legal status to get one. They do not deserve to drive on the very roads I drive on every day. There are many of people not from this country who did the right thing and applied to citizenship and took all of the classes to obtain one. Illegals should be detained and sent back to their native countries.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast