Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Look at what my state (Illinois) passed!!!

Is it just me or is this over the top wrong. Illegal immigrants (criminals) will be in possession of the state, and instead of detaining them and sending them back, they are going to give them a DL license and send them on their way.

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/se...a4bcf887a.html

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    So lets see here. Hmmmm... license them to insure they can follow the rules of the road... Or have a bunch of people unlicensed on the roads. Perhaps you are being short sighted on the point of this. I don't think this means that illegals are in possession of the state... I'm pretty sure it means nothing more than they are being checked to insure they can follow the rules.

Anyway let's here it for Illinoise...! where the libs are in charge. (Yeah that's right I'm taking it back)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    So lets see here. Hmmmm... license them to insure they can follow the rules of the road... Or have a bunch of people unlicensed on the roads. Perhaps you are being short sighted on the point of this. I don't think this means that illegals are in possession of the state... I'm pretty sure it means nothing more than they are being checked to insure they can follow the rules.

Anyway let's here it for Illinoise...! where the libs are in charge. (Yeah that's right I'm taking it back)
    In order to get a license, you have to SHOW UP and take all the tests. So now they ARE in physical control. So, instead of teaching them how to drive, why not send them back? You know......as long as they're already there.

It's hard to have an adult discussion with a person who is in favor of illegal immigration. And by your statement, you are in favor of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    In order to get a license, you have to SHOW UP and take all the tests. So now they ARE in physical control. So, instead of teaching them how to drive, why not send them back? You know......as long as they're already there.

It's hard to have an adult discussion with a person who disagrees with me. And by your statement, you are in favor of it.
    fixed that for you.

A If you arrest them they won't get licenses...

B licenses are there to insure people can drive.

C. If they don't get licenses more people who don't know the rules will be on the road

D. People Die. And it costs lots of money.

You want to have an argument about Illegal immigration fine... Have one. I am talking about public health. Saving lives is more important than the anxiety over the changing culture.

http://www3.illinois.gov/PressReleas...2&RecNum=10725

uninsured illegals cost citizens of Illinois 64 million dollars in claims alone. If this can get them insured then the money alone is well worth it. Your rates would even go down.

But please continue to trumpet this cause. It just helps progressives win.
    Last edited by flips333; 12-05-2012 at 11:47 AM.

vCash

It's hard to have an adult discussion with a person who is in favor of illegal immigration. And by your statement, you are in favor of it.
    When you go to the DMV you're under someone else's physical control? That's news to me.

As for having an adult discussion, I'm all for it. Let's not start with a broad brush condemnation of everyone whose opinion differs from our own, shall we? Let's not mischaracterize our opponent's position by saying they "favor illegal immigration" when that is clearly not what they said. Let's play it honestly and stick to the issues. You know, have an adult conversation. Deal?
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    When you go to the DMV you're under someone else's physical control? That's news to me.

As for having an adult discussion, I'm all for it. Let's not start with a broad brush condemnation of everyone whose opinion differs from our own, shall we? Let's not mischaracterize our opponent's position by saying they "favor illegal immigration" when that is clearly not what they said. Let's play it honestly and stick to the issues. You know, have an adult conversation. Deal?
    No They've got me... They were right. I am all for illegal immigration. I think that mexico should be emptied of all people and they should all come streaming into this country. Really I do. That's my plan.

vCash
    You guys are funny! And I'm not being sarcastic here.

To me, it's not about teaching them to drive. I get that. But don't you guys truly think that it would be a better option to detain them and send them back, then to give them a license and let them stay here illegally?

About the physical control thing. Once they are there, they get detained. After all, we know they are breaking the law, and they're right there. The question is, while knowing this, why are they given a license instead of being detained and sent back? Now the safety issue is addressed also.

vCash
    fixed that for you.

A If you arrest them they won't get licenses...

B licenses are there to insure people can drive.

C. If they don't get licenses more people who don't know the rules will be on the road

D. People Die. And it costs lots of money.

You want to have an argument about Illegal immigration fine... Have one. I am talking about public health. Saving lives is more important than the anxiety over the changing culture.

http://www3.illinois.gov/PressReleas...2&RecNum=10725

uninsured illegals cost citizens of Illinois 64 million dollars in claims alone. If this can get them insured then the money alone is well worth it. Your rates would even go down.

But please continue to trumpet this cause. It just helps progressives win.
    By deporting them would address this and other negative issues not related to driving.

vCash
    It's actually a good idea. At least there will be some sort of record of them this way. And if it gets politicians to stop saying the PC "come out of the shadows" BS, that's also a positive.

Seriously, not all that many shadows in the Home Depot parking lot.

vCash
    I can see both sides of this, not sure where I fall.

vCash
    You guys are funny! And I'm not being sarcastic here.

To me, it's not about teaching them to drive. I get that. But don't you guys truly think that it would be a better option to detain them and send them back, then to give them a license and let them stay here illegally?
    Ask Georgia's farmers how that works. Moreover, ask Mitt Romney how open hostility to Latinos works.

You seem to believe this is a simple, black and white issue. It's not. There are a host of interests to be balanced - employers, fellow drivers, insurance companies, DMV workers (whom you apparently want to make into police), others in the labor market, the interests of the immigrants themselves, and more.

About the physical control thing. Once they are there, they get detained. After all, we know they are breaking the law, and they're right there. The question is, while knowing this, why are they given a license instead of being detained and sent back? Now the safety issue is addressed also.
    Have you ever been detained by the DMV? Ever seen anyone detained? Ever heard of anyone being detained? Do you think that once people are being detained by the newly-empowered DMV employees, that undocumented workers will continue to go there? Of course they won't -- thus the problem of unlicensed, uninsured drivers will certainly persist. Your proposed solution is far-fetched to begin with, and unworkable if it was ever tried.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    By deporting them would address this and other negative issues not related to driving.
    SO you think we should say come in for a license... then go gotcha... and deport them. If you don't understand where that logic fails then well...

If they think you will detain them then they won't go get licenses. So you could catch a couple with this... then they would stop going. It would also be entrapment. Which is something we are legally unable to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Ask Georgia's farmers how that works. Moreover, ask Mitt Romney how open hostility to Latinos works.

You seem to believe this is a simple, black and white issue. It's not. There are a host of interests to be balanced - employers, fellow drivers, insurance companies, DMV workers (whom you apparently want to make into police), others in the labor market, the interests of the immigrants themselves, and more.

Have you ever been detained by the DMV? Ever seen anyone detained? Ever heard of anyone being detained? Do you think that once people are being detained by the newly-empowered DMV employees, that undocumented workers will continue to go there? Of course they won't -- thus the problem of unlicensed, uninsured drivers will certainly persist. Your proposed solution is far-fetched to begin with, and unworkable if it was ever tried.
    My God!! Obviously DMV workers wouldn't be detaining anybody. And who says they HAVE to detain them there? How bout when they leave, the authorities are notified, and a traffic stop occurs? How bout taking a chance and going to the address on their DL and hoping it's correct? That's two ways to detain them without giving it any thought.

I'm saying that by knowing they are illegal, and still to make the decision to not do anything about it, is saying that "we don't care." It's no different than saying that it's now ok that you are here illegally. We are going to do nothing about it.
    Last edited by thawv; 12-05-2012 at 12:47 PM.

vCash
    SO you think we should say come in for a license... then go gotcha... and deport them. If you don't understand where that logic fails then well...
    Well not to that extent flips. But maybe afterwards....knowing who they are and where they may be, would be the best way to handle it. You have to start somewhere. Telling them that we know that you are here illegally, so we are going to give you a license instead of at least making an effort to deport them just seems so wrong to me.

vCash

If they think you will detain them then they won't go get licenses. So you could catch a couple with this... then they would stop going. It would also be entrapment. Which is something we are legally unable to do.
    This is not even close to entrapment. Entrapment is when the act of government agents or officials that induces a person to commit a crime he or she is not previously disposed to commit. So it clearly doesn't apply here as the crime is already committed.

Government agencies have "stings" all the time to entice criminals to show up to a place, only to be arrested. That's just good police work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast