Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4getboutit4 View Post
    whats rediculous is if the packers had alex green as their starting running back going into the playoffs, ryan grant is better then any other running back thats on our roster... and ya people can say oh should have tried out slaton or hightower, well thats fine and dandy but if you bring in those guys they have to learn a brand new offense, ryan grant already knows our offense so there wont be any learning curve as there would have been for a different rb
    you act like Grant is going to come in and be our #1 back...... he isn't... at least not for a couple weeks anyway so why not kick the tires on Slaton or Hightower.... both better backs at this point than Grant.

vCash
    Glad to see him back!

vCash
    I always liked Grant, he was solid for us. Hopefully he can make some plays with this new opportunity!

vCash
    Kind of surprised that TT did that but don't disagree with it

vCash
    Nice. Now I can wear my Grant jersey again.
    I really like him, hopefully he can give us something.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    I'm surprised by the signing. I thought offensive line help would have been a more likely signing.

vCash
    There are 4 games left in the season, no back is going to come in and pick up the nuances of the Packer offense. There is a productive history in the system, he'll understand the blitz pick ups, he'll know a lot of the personnel...no sense in messing around. Get him on the ground and go forward.

Imo, he was the only realistic option. The run game still stinks but hopefully Grant can keep it from being ranked 32nd

vCash
    [QUOTE=Tongue-Splitter;24596312]I'm surprised by the signing. I thought offensive line help would have been a more likely

Makes me think Lang isn't that bad off. But really, if Green went down there is no legit RB on the roster

vCash
    I always liked the way he ran. Hopefully he some pep in his step still.
    I wouldnt of minded seeing steve slaton get a tryout, I wonder how he would fare in GB with his skillset.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    Grant is patient and has a very good cutback.. He will help out Asap.. Starting sunday night against Detroit.

vCash
    Grant has always played well in cold weather. Hopefully he has few more good games left in those legs. Welcome back ryan!

vCash
    Welcome back Mr.Grant. Glad we made contact with him and signed him. I hope he makes a great contribution.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    you act like Grant is going to come in and be our #1 back...... he isn't... at least not for a couple weeks anyway so why not kick the tires on Slaton or Hightower.... both better backs at this point than Grant.
    I think he's going to be our #1 in two Sundays.

Slaton and Hightower are FA's for a reason. So is Grant we know him. It easily makes the most sense.

At least we can trust him not to fumble (Slaton) and Hightower is a walking injury too. Not that Grant has been super healthy lately.

Seems smart to me.

I bet the locker room loves this. I think they all really liked Ryan.

Glad to see you back buddy.

vCash
    im happy about this move. knows the offense, will be able to come in right away and help out.
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    I really don't see any other options. The Packers offense is really variable with Rodgers changing the play at the line very often. Just learning the terminology used can take months. Getting the timing down takes seasons. Somebody new might be able to learn a few plays but it would limit the offense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast