Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

We could have had Marshawn Lynch for a 3rd round pick

Remember back in 2010, when buffalo asked us for a 3rd rounder for Marshawn? Just imagine what our offense would be like with him.

vCash

We could have had Marshawn Lynch for a 3rd round pick

Funny....our 2011 third round pick was........Alex Green.

vCash
    I really don't think he would have made much of a difference. And if he didn't go Beast mode against the Saints, something he might not have been able to do behind our blocking, we might have hit a road block en route to the Super Bowl, and we might have been saying, "We gave up a third round pick just for Marshawn Lynch." With no recent Super Bowl victory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    I really don't think he would have made much of a difference. And if he didn't go Beast mode against the Saints, something he might not have been able to do behind our blocking, we might have hit a road block en route to the Super Bowl, and we might have been saying, "We gave up a third round pick just for Marshawn Lynch." With no recent Super Bowl victory.
    You cant possibly say that having James Starks,Alex Green, Ryan Grant who didnt play in the superbowl year would be better than having one of the top 10 backs in the nfl

vCash
    huge miss

vCash
    It made all the sense in the world to do it back in 2010... whether he'd still be a Packer to this day and had the same level of success he has had in Seattle, is anyone's guess. Looking back though, you have to think TT is kicking himself, especially with all the problems this team has had at RB. Then again, Rodgers is our best player and a poor running game allows him more opportunities.

There's really no sense in speculating what could have been or shoulda been. I think we all remember the Randy Moss trade that never happened, or the Mandarich pick etc... every team in the league screws up now and again.

vCash
    hindsight = 20/20
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    its too bad because i love marshawn....but i still love TT
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    hindsight = 20/20
    Yeah but even at the time it made so much sense. It should have been a no-brainer, IMO. Beast mode should have been running wild at Lambeau.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: 23 | Yards: 351 | TDs: 1 | Avg: 15.3

vCash
    You guys make it sound so easy that we could have had him if we gave up a 3rd. I wish trades were just that easy. If I remember right Seattle gave up there 3rd round pick. There is no guarantee that they would have accepted our trade offer.

I don't claim to know the way things are figured out but, If you had to decide between Green Bay's 3rd round coming out that year and the Seahawks 3rd I would have taken Seattles because they had the worst record so the pick would have been a higher pick.

So yes, it would have been nice to have Lynch on the team but, even if TT did offer his third there is no guarantee we would still have ended up with Lynch anyway.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 3
    Assist Tackles: 3
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 1
    Ints:
    TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    You guys make it sound so easy that we could have had him if we gave up a 3rd. I wish trades were just that easy. If I remember right Seattle gave up there 3rd round pick. There is no guarantee that they would have accepted our trade offer.

I don't claim to know the way things are figured out but, If you had to decide between Green Bay's 3rd round coming out that year and the Seahawks 3rd I would have taken Seattles because they had the worst record so the pick would have been a higher pick.

So yes, it would have been nice to have Lynch on the team but, even if TT did offer his third there is no guarantee we would still have ended up with Lynch anyway.
    Yeah i agree with this. At the time i would have been will to give up a third and a later round pick for him. It's hard to say "oh well we should have gave them a second then" because our second round pick turned out to be Cobb and i would much rather have him then Lynch right now.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the Seahawks gave up a fourth for him.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Seahawks gave up a fourth for him.
    Yeah i forgot about that. They gave up a 4th and a conditional pick that turned out to be a 5th the following year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Yeah i forgot about that. They gave up a 4th and a conditional pick that turned out to be a 5th the following year.
    I didn't know that second one turned out to be a 5th. Sounds like a lot but say we gave them a 3 and that conditional 5 the next year. We'd be without Alex Green and Terrell Manning.

Only thing is we would have to pay him some good money and we don't have a whole bunch to go around with all the guys we have to lock up.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    I didn't know that second one turned out to be a 5th. Sounds like a lot but say we gave them a 3 and that conditional 5 the next year. We'd be without Alex Green and Terrell Manning.

Only thing is we would have to pay him some good money and we don't have a whole bunch to go around with all the guys we have to lock up.
    The conditional pick was a 6th but was bumped up to a 5th based of his performance. I know we would of had to pay him but you are going to have to pay for a good running back. There are a few players i would take Lynch over at this point and Raji being one of them. Dude has been non existent lately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast