Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The 9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Brisel isnt a good OL. The only reason why he was signed by the raiders was beacuse of Knapp and the zone-blocking scheme. Wisnewski can move back to gaurd or we can simply draft an OL or get one in free agency for a cheaper price. Look at Cooper C. hes not playing like a pro-bowler but hes doing his job at Vet. minimum so i dont see where your getting 8 million for an OL. We dont need all pro-bowl OL to have a good line we need guys who will do thier job and not get flags. As far as mcfadden goes he was the only reason why we were good last year. As soon as mcfadden got injured raiders began to suck. Mcfadden is a special player. The kids a game-changer. Look at highlights from last year man you will straight up drool over how good he is. This season has been a dissapointment and I hate to blame coaches for players mistakes and sucking beacuse coaches arnt out there playing on the field but Knapps running scheme dosnt fit mcfadden. Yes , injuries have been a problem but this guys is so good you don't just give up beacuse of injuiries. Its not like hes getting injured at home or getting injured before training camp the guy gets injured playing football which is expected in a physical sport. Maybe if mcfadden was in his thirties it wouldnt make sense to pay him but hes still young. Mcfadden was being considered as a possible MVP Last year he would of led the league in rushing and made the pro-bowl if he was healthy. All im saying Mcfadden is a beast and there is no other running back in FA or draft that will do a better job. Just watch Mcfadden shut all the haters up.
    Well said. Except: DMC is NOT a beast!
    Reasons why:
    1. In 5 years he AVERAGED 600 YARDS RUSHING A YEAR!
    2. He currently averages 3.3 yards a carry.
    3. He has averaged 4 TDs a year. Thats 1 every 4 games.
    4. He is hurt again.
    5. Every RB on our roster averages more yards a carry than DMC this year. That would be Goodson, Reece, Stewart and even Jones. Yes, all of them.
    6. He is 26th in the NFL in rushing. Thats out of 32 teams. Thats bad.
    7. He averages 56 yards rushing a game.
    8. He is in the top 5 paid RBs and isnt outperforming the 4 RBs that are backups to him.

I heard he was going to shut us all up 2 years ago. Still waiting. He is a bust. Lets call it what it is.

Cooper C. is about 4 years out of his prime. Thats why we ended up with him.
    Brisiel was a cap casualty.

Now the idea is to take one of the best Centers in the NFL OUT of his position and put who there? There arent any great Centers that will be available. So, that is a downgrade. This is a weak OG/C draft. I normally would agree to bring in young guys. None that look good in the draft. Maybe about 5 OTs. There are a couple of good OTs that will be available through FA.

I like the idea of signing Grimes from Atlanta. He didnt get a decent contract and he wants one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Kevin Booth is a FA, hes got two rings with the Giants.
    Trent Dilfer has a superbowl ring. That doesnt mean we want him as our QB.

vCash
    Brisel isnt a good OL. The only reason why he was signed by the raiders was beacuse of Knapp and the zone-blocking scheme. Wisnewski can move back to gaurd or we can simply draft an OL or get one in free agency for a cheaper price. Look at Cooper C. hes not playing like a pro-bowler but hes doing his job at Vet. minimum so i dont see where your getting 8 million for an OL. We dont need all pro-bowl OL to have a good line we need guys who will do thier job and not get flags. As far as mcfadden goes he was the only reason why we were good last year. As soon as mcfadden got injured raiders began to suck. Mcfadden is a special player. The kids a game-changer. Look at highlights from last year man you will straight up drool over how good he is. This season has been a dissapointment and I hate to blame coaches for players mistakes and sucking beacuse coaches arnt out there playing on the field but Knapps running scheme dosnt fit mcfadden. Yes , injuries have been a problem but this guys is so good you don't just give up beacuse of injuiries. Its not like hes getting injured at home or getting injured before training camp the guy gets injured playing football which is expected in a physical sport. Maybe if mcfadden was in his thirties it wouldnt make sense to pay him but hes still young. Mcfadden was being considered as a possible MVP Last year he would of led the league in rushing and made the pro-bowl if he was healthy. All im saying Mcfadden is a beast and there is no other running back in FA or draft that will do a better job. Just watch Mcfadden shut all the haters up.
    Kinda funny watching the game and remembering this conversation. Who was it that had a key block for the long run for DMC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Well said. Except: DMC is NOT a beast!
    Reasons why:
    1. In 5 years he AVERAGED 600 YARDS RUSHING A YEAR!
    2. He currently averages 3.3 yards a carry.
    3. He has averaged 4 TDs a year. Thats 1 every 4 games.
    4. He is hurt again.
    5. Every RB on our roster averages more yards a carry than DMC this year. That would be Goodson, Reece, Stewart and even Jones. Yes, all of them.
    6. He is 26th in the NFL in rushing. Thats out of 32 teams. Thats bad.
    7. He averages 56 yards rushing a game.
    8. He is in the top 5 paid RBs and isnt outperforming the 4 RBs that are backups to him.

I heard he was going to shut us all up 2 years ago. Still waiting. He is a bust. Lets call it what it is.

Cooper C. is about 4 years out of his prime. Thats why we ended up with him.
    Brisiel was a cap casualty.

Now the idea is to take one of the best Centers in the NFL OUT of his position and put who there? There arent any great Centers that will be available. So, that is a downgrade. This is a weak OG/C draft. I normally would agree to bring in young guys. None that look good in the draft. Maybe about 5 OTs. There are a couple of good OTs that will be available through FA.

I like the idea of signing Grimes from Atlanta. He didnt get a decent contract and he wants one.
    1. Mcfadden would have alot more TD's if it wasnt for the raiders using michael bush in the goal line.
    2. Mcfadden isnt injured it was just confirmed in the press conference.
    3. Jones hasnt even played a snap this year. He proably has like 1 carry and you want to make that his averge.
    4.Zone blocking scheme is gargabe. you cant sit here and tell me mcfadden is a bad RB thats nonsense. did you see his 35 yard run.
    5. Over half of our team is overpaid but you want to whine about the only good who has shown flashes of greatness. Tell me who was the last offensive raider player other fans and opposing team and players looked as a threat?

Mcfadden shut you up last year. yea he got injured but I bet you anything you would brag about mcfadden last year to your friends or whoever you speak to about football. Mcfadden was a top 100 players of the nfl last year. I refuse to throw away our talent. Thats why we suck we get good football players and give them away. Give me a break man mcfadden isnt a bust. Russel is a bust. Mcfadden's not just a good football player but he has become a leader.
    Last edited by RaiderFanBL9; 12-07-2012 at 06:19 PM.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Kinda funny watching the game and remembering this conversation. Who was it that had a key block for the long run for DMC?
    same guy who had 2 penalties thats cost us. get outta here brisel is as good as Giordano is at tackling and the key block wasnt brisel it was brandon myers.
    Last edited by RaiderFanBL9; 12-07-2012 at 06:16 PM.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Only RB I'd take is Hillis, and simply because we don't have anybody that can consistently get 1 or 2 tough yards. Otherwise, I'd be ok drafting someone late (look at Morris, 6th round pick) and staying with Reece and Stewart (if we're staying with the ZBS).

Of the OTs, only Clady fits the ZBS well, and Long is smart enough to adjust. Loadholt and Trueblood have already been shown to stink at ZBS. If we're sticking w/ the ZBS, linemen can be found in middle and lower rounds too.

For DL, Okoye, Dorsey for 3-4 DE, but we already have Houston and Bryant who I think will excel in that role. Cody and Branch would be my top options so we can finally have a NT. Brace is unproven.

Only Maualuga stands out from that list but not sure where he would fit in the 3-4

CBs- Phillip Allen has shown up the last two weeks so I'd like to see how he does the rest of the season
    Funny, I was thinking about getting RB Ford LSU late. He is good.

Long aint going nowhere. I dont see any decent prospects late at OT. Maybe Braun from WV or Martin from ND.

I honestly dont think we are 3-4 built. We would have to dump alot and sign alot. And if we do that, you might as well throw a young qb in there to be the future of the franchise. We have no NT prospects that will be able to do that job. And you cant just get one. You have to get a few. Then the fact that we have no ILB prospects that will even be close to doing that job.

Thats alot of fixing.

vCash
    1. Mcfadden would have alot more TD's if it wasnt for the raiders using michael bush in the goal line.
    3. Jones hasnt even played a snap this year. He proably has like 1 carry and you want to make that his averge.
    4.Zone blocking scheme is gargabe. you cant sit here and tell me mcfadden is a bad RB thats nonsense. did you see his 35 yard run.
    5. Over half of our team is overpaid but you want to whine about the only good who has shown flashes of greatness. Tell me who was the last offensive raider player other fans and opposing team and players looked as a threat?

Mcfadden shut you up last year. yea he got injured but I bet you anything you would brag about mcfadden last year to your friends or whoever you speak to about football. Mcfadden was a top 100 players of the nfl last year. I refuse to throw away our talent. Thats why we suck we get good football players and give them away. Give me a break man mcfadden isnt a bust. Russel is a bust. Mcfadden's not just a good football player but he has become a leader.
    -True, we did use Bush alot on GL.
    -So, DMC isnt hurt? At least he would have had an excuse for sucking this whole year.
    -if ZBS is garbage than howcome it worked against us all year. it works, or it wouldnt have been around for this long. Thats a bad statement. T. Davis used to beat us up using ZBS. And so did every other NO NAME RB that played against us. But, they were successful. Why arent we? Cuz DMC stinks.
    -Thats what I have been saying. No Offensive player except Palmer have been gameplanned for. They were daring us to run the ball against denver, and he cant read a block.

-The only offensive weapon anyone is worried about is Palmer. At least he has earned respect. 4k yards passing. 1 of 2 to do so this year so far.

I doubt if anyone is afraid of a guy who averages 56 yards a game.

Look, I liked the guy coming out of college. I wanted him to be great. He cracked the 1k yard mark 1 time in 5 years. He was in the top 10 in rushing 1 time in 5 years. I gave the guy a chance. Everyone did. If we had a QB who didnt produce 4 out of 5 years, he would be fired. We had Jamarcus Russell as a starter for 2 years. And he was goooone.

5 years wasted. Trade him and at least get a 3rd or 4th rounder and clear some cap room.

Do you agree that Stewart, Reece and Goodson have had a better year than DMC? Same ZBS and they all average over 4 yards a carry.

I wouldnt mind keeping him if he took a 2 mil a year salary.

vCash
    same guy who had 2 penalties thats cost us. get outta here brisel is as good as Giordano is at tackling and the key block wasnt brisel it was brandon myers.
    Watch it again.

Giordano is as good at tackling as DMC is at staying on the field, or producing yards.

He is 26th in rushing in the NFL!

1 Penalty was Cooper.

Wow, Brisiel cost us a field goal. We would have won the game then. Good job.

I dont think Briesel was the ones dropping the ball, running wrong routes, getting called for pass interference, letting them run all over us in the running game.

Good call. It was Briesel that did all of that.

vCash
    Vote DMC to the Pro Bowl folks!!!!!

He is the Best RB of all TIIIIIIIIIME!
    Russell is a skinny guy and Marinovich never touched a drug in his life.

vCash

You must be doing this for laughs, because that's comedy gold right there.

Please keep up the wonderful work....I almost blew iced tea out my nose.

-Stork

vCash
    Breisel has had a terrible year.
    Hes given up pressures consistently and cant opne any running lanes...I would replace him with Boothe in a second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Breisel has had a terrible year.
    Hes given up pressures consistently and cant opne any running lanes...I would replace him with Boothe in a second.
    I've watched every game, but I don't see a lot of pressure up the middle. Most of the pressure Palmer faces comes from the outside - RT, specifically.

As far as Brisel in the running game... do we know, for certain, that he's not upholding his end of the bargain? It seems like every RB not named McFadden is gaining yardage.

IDK, I have a tough time believing that Reggie has found so many players out of the trash heap, but whiffed on his 'big ticket' purchase of the off-season.

Two weeks ago, I was certain Brisel was an issue, but now I'm starting to doubt that.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456