Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 87

Thread: The 9

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,198
    vCash
    1500
    SHEESH...Im even more confused now then when i started researching the numbers...the whole point of restructuring 2012 was to lower the cap hit..Every where Ive found had his cap number at the 825000 and everything else was in a signing bonus of 11.25 million, which allowed for the bonus money to be distributed out over te remainer of the years of the contract....Your right Stork, Its all to "gamesy" to figure out without s lawyer...

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,913
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I pay pretty close attention to these boards, and I don't remember one bad word said about the Briesel signing. Not one.

    -Stork
    Priest was pissed.

    *ETA - No, it was Wheeler that bothered Preist.

    *ETA2 - Reggie cleared up the cap picture considerably. Hopefully, he uses the empty space to make a few extra 'thrifty' signings - think Wheeler / Streater - while continuing to reposition the Raiders to be in a position to make a run at someone worth a big time contract.
    Last edited by Shred003; 12-06-2012 at 02:29 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,873
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Im real unhappy with briesel, preist.
    He hasnt looked good at all and he is scheduled for a 4.3 million dollar salary, far higher then any other o-lineman we have. I would happily give that money to a FA that can live up to espectations
    I agree that he isnt the answer at OG. However there will be 1 OG that will be a FA next year that is better(IMO, B. Waters) and he is 92 and a half years old. So, I think he is the right now guy. And he has played good in the past, so we know he COULD be good. better than paying a guy like Levitre 8 mil a year and he isnt any better than a guy we are going to pay 4 mil to. We dont have enough picks this year to get a top RB, MLB, 2 CBs and some more D line and O line help. So FA and holding on to one overpriced OG might be the answer, for now.

    We do have other FAs that will be out there that could be notable in other areas:
    RB-Hillis, Blount, Steven Jackson, Woodhead, Ronnie Brown, Ringer

    OT-Clady(never happen), Long(same), Loadholdt, Trueblood

    DL-Okoye(still 24, signed at 20), Shaun Cody, Dorsey, Brace, Branch, Shaughnessy

    LB-Kruger, Maualuga, Ruud, Erin Henderson, Witherspoon

    CB-Grimes!, McKelvin, Hayden, Mike Jenkins, Talib, Laron Landry, Rodgers-Cromartie, Jammer, Cedric Griffin

    QB- Brady Quinn, Devlin

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,873
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Players Cut:
    Breisel-4.3 mil
    Mclain -4 mil
    Big Rich-7.5 million
    They all suck

    player will be asked to restruce:
    DHB-7.7million
    Doesnt deserve that type of money after the season he had.

    players we keep:
    tommy kelly-6.5 million
    tyvone branch-6 million
    Dmac-5.8 million
    Carson Palmer-13 million
    Huff-4 million.
    Tyvon was just re-signed, tommy kelly in my opinion is a good DT and he actually cares about wininng, DMAC is a beast, Palmer is not worth that much money but who will play QB for us?, Huff cant tackle and is overrated IMO but in a previous interview reggie said he saw huff as a future safety not CB.
    So, let me get this straight. You want to cut brisiel because he costs 4 mil? If we get a replacement for him that is better than he is, it could cost twice that.Not to mention, we still need another OG.

    But, you want to keep a rb who cant make it through a season and then pay him 5.8 mil? 5.8 mil to a guy when healthy averaged 3.2 yards a carry?
    Great plan. Why keep him? 1 reason why? Guys who go to the pro bowl and are in the top 10 in rushing get contracts like that. Some in the top 15 RBs in the NFL dont get paid that. So, why?

    Otherwise I do agree with everything else.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,873
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Priest was pissed.

    *ETA - No, it was Wheeler that bothered Preist.

    *ETA2 - Reggie cleared up the cap picture considerably. Hopefully, he uses the empty space to make a few extra 'thrifty' signings - think Wheeler / Streater - while continuing to reposition the Raiders to be in a position to make a run at someone worth a big time contract.
    I didnt like the Wheeler signing. But, he has changed my mind a bit. He is serviceable. Alot better than I thought he would be.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,913
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    I didnt like the Wheeler signing. But, he has changed my mind a bit. He is serviceable. Alot better than I thought he would be.
    Yeah, I got that mixed up. Brisel has been less then impressive thus far.

    With the NFL considering banning cut blocking, I think the Raiders should bite the bullet and switch back to the PBS next year - not sure if Brisel is going to work out in that system.

    It doesn't matter either way, since Knapp should be gone regardless.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,563
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    lol....rough week for me. Ken fouts told me it's spelled like that.

    -stork
    lol

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Novato,CA
    Posts
    1,694
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    So, let me get this straight. You want to cut brisiel because he costs 4 mil? If we get a replacement for him that is better than he is, it could cost twice that.Not to mention, we still need another OG.

    But, you want to keep a rb who cant make it through a season and then pay him 5.8 mil? 5.8 mil to a guy when healthy averaged 3.2 yards a carry?
    Great plan. Why keep him? 1 reason why? Guys who go to the pro bowl and are in the top 10 in rushing get contracts like that. Some in the top 15 RBs in the NFL dont get paid that. So, why?

    Otherwise I do agree with everything else.
    Brisel isnt a good OL. The only reason why he was signed by the raiders was beacuse of Knapp and the zone-blocking scheme. Wisnewski can move back to gaurd or we can simply draft an OL or get one in free agency for a cheaper price. Look at Cooper C. hes not playing like a pro-bowler but hes doing his job at Vet. minimum so i dont see where your getting 8 million for an OL. We dont need all pro-bowl OL to have a good line we need guys who will do thier job and not get flags. As far as mcfadden goes he was the only reason why we were good last year. As soon as mcfadden got injured raiders began to suck. Mcfadden is a special player. The kids a game-changer. Look at highlights from last year man you will straight up drool over how good he is. This season has been a dissapointment and I hate to blame coaches for players mistakes and sucking beacuse coaches arnt out there playing on the field but Knapps running scheme dosnt fit mcfadden. Yes , injuries have been a problem but this guys is so good you don't just give up beacuse of injuiries. Its not like hes getting injured at home or getting injured before training camp the guy gets injured playing football which is expected in a physical sport. Maybe if mcfadden was in his thirties it wouldnt make sense to pay him but hes still young. Mcfadden was being considered as a possible MVP Last year he would of led the league in rushing and made the pro-bowl if he was healthy. All im saying Mcfadden is a beast and there is no other running back in FA or draft that will do a better job. Just watch Mcfadden shut all the haters up.
    Last edited by RaiderFanBL9; 12-06-2012 at 03:54 PM.

    RAIDER NATION

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    9,382
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    All im saying Mcfadden is a beast
    Yep, thats pretty much all your saying.

    -Stork

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    9,382
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    and there is no other running back in FA or draft that will do a better job.
    Lol...I couldn't resist this one either.....are you saying you believe there is no way a fullback/TE hybrid or an undrafted free agent scrub could possibly do better than McBusto in this offense?

    Priceless.

    -Stork

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,260
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Lol...I couldn't resist this one either.....are you saying you believe there is no way a fullback/TE hybrid or an undrafted free agent scrub could possibly do better than McBusto in this offense?

    Priceless.

    -Stork
    lol , it's like Stork has McFadden radar on his keyboard. LOL

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    LA 2 Da Bay
    Posts
    4,861
    vCash
    1500
    Branch was such a mistake. Imagine Branchs covering DHBs for a game? LOL every pass would result in a blown coverage and a dropped wide-open passes.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,198
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    I agree that he isnt the answer at OG. However there will be 1 OG that will be a FA next year that is better(IMO, B. Waters) and he is 92 and a half years old. So, I think he is the right now guy. And he has played good in the past, so we know he COULD be good. better than paying a guy like Levitre 8 mil a year and he isnt any better than a guy we are going to pay 4 mil to. We dont have enough picks this year to get a top RB, MLB, 2 CBs and some more D line and O line help. So FA and holding on to one overpriced OG might be the answer, for now.

    We do have other FAs that will be out there that could be notable in other areas:
    RB-Hillis, Blount, Steven Jackson, Woodhead, Ronnie Brown, Ringer

    OT-Clady(never happen), Long(same), Loadholdt, Trueblood

    DL-Okoye(still 24, signed at 20), Shaun Cody, Dorsey, Brace, Branch, Shaughnessy

    LB-Kruger, Maualuga, Ruud, Erin Henderson, Witherspoon

    CB-Grimes!, McKelvin, Hayden, Mike Jenkins, Talib, Laron Landry, Rodgers-Cromartie, Jammer, Cedric Griffin

    QB- Brady Quinn, Devlin
    Kevin Booth is a FA, hes got two rings with the Giants.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    540
    vCash
    1500
    Wait you want to KEEP PALMER...WHY the kid is getting paid 13 million right now for no production, and at the end of it all PRODUCTION comes in the W column.

    Its simple why keep the guy it seems that the team on offense lacks intensity. The guy has no fire and he must rub people the wrong way... Why does everyone think that it was him who made Bengals look good did yall forget who he threw to....it was Ocho 5 and TJ Housmenwhateva.

    Really they deserve as much credit as Palmer if not more and at least neither of the recievers decided not to play the game like a DIVA, yes johnson was a DIVA on the field and a showman but Palmer is the one who refused to play im kind of getting a glimpse of McLain...haha, Yall Palmer Fans are cracking me up. Id rather have fun with my teammates on the field then some super elite Richard of a QB.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    LA 2 Da Bay
    Posts
    4,861
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    We do have other FAs that will be out there that could be notable in other areas:
    RB-Hillis, Blount, Steven Jackson, Woodhead, Ronnie Brown, Ringer

    OT-Clady(never happen), Long(same), Loadholdt, Trueblood

    DL-Okoye(still 24, signed at 20), Shaun Cody, Dorsey, Brace, Branch, Shaughnessy

    LB-Kruger, Maualuga, Ruud, Erin Henderson, Witherspoon

    CB-Grimes!, McKelvin, Hayden, Mike Jenkins, Talib, Laron Landry, Rodgers-Cromartie, Jammer, Cedric Griffin

    QB- Brady Quinn, Devlin
    Only RB I'd take is Hillis, and simply because we don't have anybody that can consistently get 1 or 2 tough yards. Otherwise, I'd be ok drafting someone late (look at Morris, 6th round pick) and staying with Reece and Stewart (if we're staying with the ZBS).

    Of the OTs, only Clady fits the ZBS well, and Long is smart enough to adjust. Loadholt and Trueblood have already been shown to stink at ZBS. If we're sticking w/ the ZBS, linemen can be found in middle and lower rounds too.

    For DL, Okoye, Dorsey for 3-4 DE, but we already have Houston and Bryant who I think will excel in that role. Cody and Branch would be my top options so we can finally have a NT. Brace is unproven.

    Only Maualuga stands out from that list but not sure where he would fit in the 3-4

    CBs- Phillip Allen has shown up the last two weeks so I'd like to see how he does the rest of the season
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •