Big Rich-7.5 million
    tommy kelly-6.5 million

tyvone branch-6 million
    Dmac-5.8 million
    Breisel-4.3 mil
    Mclain -4 mil
    Huff-4 million.

Palmer will restructure.

The red indicated players that WILL be cut.
    Huff isnt going anywhere. Reggie said so himself a few days ago during his interview.
    http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...raiders-19.gif-"Any time he comes to my area or Georges area to catch a ball his goin to get hit and his goin to get hit hard because his done alot of mouthing off personal i think his more interested in being an annoucer then a football player" - Jack Tatum

vCash
    No he didn't....

He said he's a FS, not a CB. He's not a very good FS either, and if his replacement is there hes gone. Huff's only saving grace is he's isnt the worst player on the team....so it might take a year to cut him.

vCash
    come on guys, I want some analysis...yeah huffs not very good but hes got 4 million we have to pay no matter what.

so do you eat that for a different FS?
    Id like to see us sign goldson to help out but I think we are stuck with both our safties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    come on guys, I want some analysis...yeah huffs not very good but hes got 4 million we have to pay no matter what.

Id like to see us sign goldson to help out but I think we are stuck with both our safties
    Branch and Huff I could see here another year with a young guy learning behind them/getting some playing time. You can't just cut both. Again, these guys have no pass rush so their jobs along with the corners is that much harder.

Guys like TK, Rich, Briseil, DHB and Dmac - I'd like to know what is gained by getting rid of these guys cap wise or what kind of hit there'd be.

Dmac has an outside shot of staying because he's in a contract year, but I'd think with how injury prone he's shown to be Reggie would at least explore getting a draft pick for him.

But I look forward to the day DHB is gone and replaced with a vet receiver. Carson needs on very, very badly. Can't trust tese young receivers for ****...if they're not getting injured they're dropping the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post

Branch and Briesel stay. I don't like Briesel, but he played well in a cohesive unit in Houston and given this is not a 1-1 battle scheme, it's worth it to have him around to teach his replacement. Branch isn't great, but Fluff is the weaker of the two and if anything Branch may have some leadership potential as at least he works hard, hits hard, and plays his butt off even though he whiffs coverage from time to time.

The rest....cut them all IMO, and start over. While I find it tough to let our first real QB walk, I do not believe we will be a playoff contender until 2014. Most teams need one year to turn it around, we need two given the cap and draft issues this year. Given the amount of QB's coming out of college whom seem to be a bit more successful quickly, I'm willing to sacrifice a year or two of poor QB play to get the lines taken care of.

To me, it all starts and ends with the lines. A great OL will make average RB's and conservative/average QB's look like Pro Bowlers. A great DL will give LB's and DB's that extra second to make plays that change games. I would have no problem with Reggie blowing up the team and putting every dollar into winning the game at the line next year as it will put the next generation of Raiders into a position to succeed.

Ask BigGuy...I've been *****ing about the lines for a decade lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    Branch and Huff I could see here another year with a young guy learning behind them/getting some playing time. You can't just cut both. Again, these guys have no pass rush so their jobs along with the corners is that much harder.

Guys like TK, Rich, Briseil, DHB and Dmac - I'd like to know what is gained by getting rid of these guys cap wise or what kind of hit there'd be.

Dmac has an outside shot of staying because he's in a contract year, but I'd think with how injury prone he's shown to be Reggie would at least explore getting a draft pick for him.

But I look forward to the day DHB is gone and replaced with a vet receiver. Carson needs on very, very badly. Can't trust tese young receivers for ****...if they're not getting injured they're dropping the ball.
    It's not so much what is gained this year by cutting them, but by 2014. Al made a point to overpay several positions; thus, underpaying the rest and giving us the depth issues you see now with injuries. We had a few great players, and a bunch of average or below average players. You can't win like that. You overpay people whom impact games, we have no one like that other then DMC, whom has proven he does not impact seasons or overall win loss records.

Look at what happened this year, 20+ new players all at depth positions and no name starters we had to pull in due to being 25mil over the cap. We had to fill our depth and some starters with backups, cuts, undrafted players, and practice squad players as we were paying people too much. As Reggie moves through these terrible cap decisions from the previous regime, expect to see better performance across the board.

vCash
    Kinda pisses me off they draft Bergstrom for the ZBS and they don't start him at this point I mean wtf. See what you have going forward. Start him in place of Brisiel or Carlisle for a game or two at least

vCash
    Kinda pisses me off they draft Bergstrom for the ZBS and they don't start him at this point I mean wtf. See what you have going forward. Start him in place of Brisiel or Carlisle for a game or two at least
    Who cares?

IT's not like every 99th pick in the draft always pans out.

When you look at teams that run the ZBS, guys like him do not produce in the first year. It's 2-3 years in the system when they start to produce. You cannot practice chop blocking in practice, so it takes a few years to develop depth. The good thing is, after 2-3 years of running the system, guys like him will be plugged into the interior positions and produce. Look at Houston when they brought in Kubiak and their line production, then look at them now. It's a system that succeeds over time and teaching consistency.

Look at the OL now, with Barnes back and DMC out...the holes are there and they were there when DMC was healthy. DMC is broke and scared. Him going down has proven the OL is not as bad at run blocking as many fans considered.

vCash
    you have to see what you have, plain and simple. They drafted him to become a starter. let's see if he can be. At least for a game or too, they've gotta put him in there and see what he can do. Carlisle aint gonna be here next year so I dont see the problem.

vCash
    you have to see what you have, plain and simple. They drafted him to become a starter. let's see if he can be. At least for a game or too, they've gotta put him in there and see what he can do
    Sorry bro, but there is no need to see what you have with a rookie. Giving up on a compensatory pick after one year is stupid. If this was 3 years from now, I'd agree. If he was going to beat out Cooper or Briesel, he would have by now. You can't have high expectations for picks like that their first year. If they do produce, then be happy you got lucky.

vCash
    you have to see what you have, plain and simple. They drafted him to become a starter. let's see if he can be. At least for a game or too, they've gotta put him in there and see what he can do. Carlisle aint gonna be here next year so I dont see the problem.
    You're implying that he's entitled to playing time. That sets a bad precedent, and works aggressively against the notion of accountability.

Playing time needs to be earned...not given.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    You're implying that he's entitled to playing time. That sets a bad precedent, and works aggressively against the notion of accountability.

Playing time needs to be earned...not given.

-Stork
    I guess you're gonna go ******* when they put Pryor in then..

vCash
    Completely different situation.

Pryor is ending his second year, and Knapp is a good developer of QB's. If Palmer is not in the long term sites of the team, then we need to know what we have before the draft. This is Reggie evaluating whether or not he needs to take a QB in the coming draft or not. Playing Pryor in garbage time is much different then taking a starter's position. We hold three QB's on the roster, making that spot a valuable spot. We can draft two more guards to develop and it will not impact the position in regards to depth like the QB position would.

vCash
    Yeah but you're confusing me for someone who gives a ****. I understand it's a different situation and I respect your opinions, which I don't think are wrong. I'd just rather see him get a little playing time now, deserved or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Completely different situation.

Pryor is ending his second year, and Knapp is a good developer of QB's. If Palmer is not in the long term sites of the team, then we need to know what we have before the draft. This is Reggie evaluating whether or not he needs to take a QB in the coming draft or not. Playing Pryor in garbage time is much different then taking a starter's position. We hold three QB's on the roster, making that spot a valuable spot. We can draft two more guards to develop and it will not impact the position in regards to depth like the QB position would.
    I see no difference in the least.

Honestly, no. I really have no way of knowing if he's put in his time. But I'll be rather disgruntled if it comes out that he hasn't paid his dues and got to play anyway.

-Stork

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast