Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The 9

vCash
    i didnt like briesel from the moment we signed em... everything i read was average at best... yet kc took winston for basically the same price... i think we should have kept wiz at guard c satele at c and (draft) fa at RG a winston at RT would have been better... bartell was dissapointing but it was still a good risk/reward move. but the briesel signing was highly questionably in my opinon. RM has to draft his *** off either grab a stud player cant miss on either side of the ball hopefully DE. or hopefully trade down and cant just stock up picks and make them count.

vCash
    I pay pretty close attention to these boards, and I don't remember one bad word said about the Briesel signing. Not one.

-Stork

vCash
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...80jHTXggASuTYg

here is a good accounting..I dont see bonus money in the gigures ,but most of that has been paid already..we arent in the Cap hell that people think....once you deal woth "the 9" there is no big money on the roster...that leads me to believe outside of Carson,Huff and Branch,and Mcfadden, I wouldnt be surprised to see all the others cut.

vCash
    That would mean we're allotting over $11M of cap space to Huff, over $8M to McFadden, almost $17M to Palmer and almost $11 to Branch.

Thats $47M in cap space for 4 players who aren't going to help you win.

I'm not seeing it.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    That would mean we're allotting over $11M of cap space to Huff, over $8M to McFadden, almost $17M to Palmer and almost $11 to Branch.

I'm not seeing it.

-Stork
    That's all going to change now. I'm not seeing it either. I think we all can agree that 80 % of the big money players are done, or , are going to reneg. It's not going to stay with the previous cap numbers.

Austerity is coming to Oakland. We should have Chancellor Merkel from Germany handle our payroll and expenses , she'll make the necessary cuts, no matter how much it pisses of the Greeks.

vCash

I'm not seeing it.

-Stork
    Hmmm, not sure where your getting that from, even in the link I supplied they indicated that Branches contract was written in such a way as a restructure is more then likely, but even if you just wanted to use the Hard numbers it would be
    13 palmer,8 Huff,10 Branch,and 8 Mcfadden. so 39 million, still high but they all have deap money assigned to their contracts if they are cut that amounts to almost half of that, so do you gut the entire team of talent to save 20 million dollars? IDK....

vCash
    Again, not an expert at the economics in the least. But these numbers give the impression of being legit.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/

-Stork

vCash
    I pay pretty close attention to these boards, and I don't remember one bad word said about the Briesel signing. Not one.

-Stork
    He will panout. We have much bigger needs and things to worry about than Brisiel. Is he going to be a Ben Grubbs? No. He will be decent. Which means he wont cost 9 mil a year either.

DMC, DHB, Palmer and McClain are bigger issues IMO.

vCash
    Kinda funny that Brady Quinn will probably have more wins by the end of the season than Palmer. lol

vCash
    I like that site as well Stork, but they dont list 2013 cap hit...what they do offer is 2013 contract numbers and the are pretty consistent with what I posted with CP @ 13, etc,etc.

vCash
    Im real unhappy with briesel, preist.
    He hasnt looked good at all and he is scheduled for a 4.3 million dollar salary, far higher then any other o-lineman we have. I would happily give that money to a FA that can live up to espectations

vCash
    Click on each player and they'll lay out everything for you.

I kind of wish it were all on one page...but se la vie.

-Stork

vCash
    Click on each player and they'll lay out everything for you.

I kind of wish it were all on one page...but se la vie.-Stork
    SIRENS, Flashing lights....spelling police diving out of Fords and stretching crime scene tape all over the place:

"c'est la vie ....Stork ol' pal, book him Danno."

vCash
    Lol....rough week for me. Ken Fouts told me it's spelled like that.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    9 players hold a significant portion of cap space for 2013

Carson Palmer-13 million
    DHB-7.7million
    Big Rich-7.5 million
    tommy kelly-6.5 million
    tyvone branch-6 million
    Dmac-5.8 million
    Breisel-4.3 mil
    Mclain -4 mil
    Huff-4 million.

In addition,Jano is 3.8.

who do you see getting cut?
    Ill research each player and provide guarentee money based on your answers..Let me start with #1...Palmer has 5 million guarenteed for 2013 so when you consider replacing him, you must acknowledge that anyone we sign would have that 5 million added to their contract as far as what weve paid to make the switch, so If we went with say a Alex Smith it would be a 13 million push, becasue he is a 8 million dollar hit, plus carsons 5.
    due to this, I dont see carson going Anywhere.

Players Cut:
    Breisel-4.3 mil
    Mclain -4 mil
    Big Rich-7.5 million
    They all suck

player will be asked to restruce:
    DHB-7.7million
    Doesnt deserve that type of money after the season he had.

players we keep:
    tommy kelly-6.5 million
    tyvone branch-6 million
    Dmac-5.8 million
    Carson Palmer-13 million
    Huff-4 million.
    Tyvon was just re-signed, tommy kelly in my opinion is a good DT and he actually cares about wininng, DMAC is a beast, Palmer is not worth that much money but who will play QB for us?, Huff cant tackle and is overrated IMO but in a previous interview reggie said he saw huff as a future safety not CB.

RAIDER NATION

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast