tommy kelly-6.5 million
    tyvone branch-6 million
    Dmac-5.8 million
    Breisel-4.3 mil
    Mclain -4 mil
    Huff-4 million.

In addition,Jano is 3.8.

who do you see getting cut?
    Ill research each player and provide guarentee money based on your answers..Let me start with #1...Palmer has 5 million guarenteed for 2013 so when you consider replacing him, you must acknowledge that anyone we sign would have that 5 million added to their contract as far as what weve paid to make the switch, so If we went with say a Alex Smith it would be a 13 million push, becasue he is a 8 million dollar hit, plus carsons 5.
    due to this, I dont see carson going Anywhere.

vCash
    Palmer is non guranteed, huffs real cap hit is 8 million. Some of the other ones are wrong as well.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Out of those players, I want the following released or traded:
    DHB
    Big Rich
    Tommy Kelly
    Dmac
    Brisiel
    McClain

vCash
    palmer WILL restructure , at this point he wants a starting job and desperately needs to win for his legacy,

he will take less $$$ to get the team better,

mcclain is obv gone,

mcfadden KEEP - FOR THE LOVE OF G O D , if the dang play calls were not DESIGNED TO TAKE HIS HEAD OFF , then maybe he would stay healthy, running those same dumb screen and quick hitters where the DBs are keyed in and hav a running shot at his legs before he can even catch the ball and look up , THEN CALLING HIM INJURY PRONE , yeah IF THEY HAD A REAL OFFENSE HE WOULDNT GET BEAT UP EVERY GAME BC THE OTHER TEAM KNOWS HE'S THE ONLY REAL THREAT.

the rest can maybe stay if they take HUGE PAY CUTS,

at the same time it is hard to judge some of these players because I feel the coaching has been so bad that its derailed some of their careers,

most notably Tyvon Branch, who took a step back from last year, by now he should be a BEAST , what happened to mike mitchell,

these players are NOT developing under the cable - bres - dennis allen eras

huff shockingly tho turned out decent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REALTALK_OF_LA View Post
    palmer WILL restructure , at this point he wants a starting job and desperately needs to win for his legacy,

he will take less $$$ to get the team better,

mcclain is obv gone,

mcfadden KEEP - FOR THE LOVE OF G O D , if the dang play calls were not DESIGNED TO TAKE HIS HEAD OFF , then maybe he would stay healthy, running those same dumb screen and quick hitters where the DBs are keyed in and hav a running shot at his legs before he can even catch the ball and look up , THEN CALLING HIM INJURY PRONE , yeah IF THEY HAD A REAL OFFENSE HE WOULDNT GET BEAT UP EVERY GAME BC THE OTHER TEAM KNOWS HE'S THE ONLY REAL THREAT.

the rest can maybe stay if they take HUGE PAY CUTS,

at the same time it is hard to judge some of these players because I feel the coaching has been so bad that its derailed some of their careers,

most notably Tyvon Branch, who took a step back from last year, by now he should be a BEAST , what happened to mike mitchell,

these players are NOT developing under the cable - bres - dennis allen eras

huff shockingly tho turned out decent.
    Agree. I thought Branch was the safest spot on the defense, but he has looked bad this year. Mike Mitchell can tackle, but he cannot cover. What happened to Lamarr Houston? Tommy Kelly? We are getting no production out of our DL.

vCash
    That's easy:
    RESTRUCTURE- Carson Palmer-13 million
    GONE- DHB-7.7million
    GONE- Big Rich-7.5 million
    GONE- tommy kelly-6.5 million
    GONE- tyvone branch-6 million
    GONE- Dmac-5.8 million
    GONE- Breisel-4.3 mil
    GONE- Mclain -4 mil
    KEEP (maybe)- Huff-4 million.

Palmer owes the franchise for getting him out of retirement. He appears loyal, level headed guy and knows that he won't find many places better than Oakland to start and he doesn't want to be a back-up.

Huff stepped up when his number was called, but this and last year are probably the best football of his career. I said maybe keep him because we can't dump all the trash and replace it with better players in two seasons.

The other players have done nothing this year and we have younger/more reliable back-ups that give us the same amount of production for a much lower price.

Realistically, I don't see all of those players leaving just because of cap hits from guaranteed moneys.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    @ posting...Carson restructured his 2012 salary down to less then a 1 million cap hit this year, as part of that restructure 5 million of his 2013 salary was guarenteed...so once again, carson would cost us 5 million to cut.

As far as the others go ,ive researched several sites and these are the acurate salary figures, some of which may have additinal guareenteed money due in addition to, but as far as base salarys according to their original contracts they are all acurate.Huff is 4 million base and 4 million bonus.

DHB has been payed most of his guarenteed money, he will cost us 4 million a year for 2013 and 2014 to cut, but I would think the alternative in paying him around 8 million a season for those two years is unlikely.
    he would certainly entertain a restructure but you have top consider what he might get on the open market, all he has to do is get someone to offer him 4 million a season and hes back at 8 becasue of his guarenteed money through us. million is still to high for his services so Im guessing he will accept a restructure to reduce his cap hit to around 4.5 to 5 million, still to high for his production, but better then paying 4 million for nothing. IF he wont restructure I think he will be cut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Out of those players, I want the following released or traded:
    DHB
    Big Rich
    Tommy Kelly
    Dmac
    Brisiel
    McClain
    This would be a good start

vCash
    Carson Palmer-13 million
    DHB-7.7million
    Big Rich-7.5 million
    tommy kelly-6.5 million

tyvone branch-6 million
    Dmac-5.8 million
    Breisel-4.3 mil
    Mclain -4 mil
    Huff-4 million.

Palmer will restructure.

The red indicated players that WILL be cut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalcracker View Post
    Agree. I thought Branch was the safest spot on the defense, but he has looked bad this year. Mike Mitchell can tackle, but he cannot cover. What happened to Lamarr Houston? Tommy Kelly? We are getting no production out of our DL.
    i agree 100% with both of you...& on TK & Houston, it's not their faults that guys are always missing there assignments and never seem to be on the same page. They would be solid on any top 15 team IMO, as we'll as a very FEW other guys on D...

vCash
    Guys palmer will not restructure, he already has 5 million guarenteed for 2013 from this years restructure.I mean MAYBE hell bring it down to 10 million, but hes not going to give up too much, hes not a young guy...maybe 8 at the most.

Now,Dhb,Ive said I think is a restructure or cut and we eat 4 million.
    Branch and Huff i dont think we have a choice at all, his 9.5 combined salary is partially guarenteed, I dont think we can get out of it ,but We could stretch out his roster bonus over another couple of years in a restructure, its just that these guys have little incentive to cooperate if they would just as soon take the guarenteed money and sign somehwere else.
    Huff, is the same deal, he is guarenteed half of his 8, so could we replace him for 4 million with abetter player? I doubt it.

Mccalin is gone he will cost us 4 million this year to get rid of.
    Breisel i think we should cut as he is not guarenteed at all and has not played well.
    Tommy kelly and Rich seymour have no guarenteed money in 2013,
    But i would caution those of you that lay all the blame on their shoulders. Run defense is and has always been about your Linebackers.
    Our consist of a rookie, a mid level FA playing really well, and a piece of crap Mike, who is most responsible for the problem.

Cutting both our DTs just creates another problem to address.I would cut one, if seymours knees are done then I would make it him. If he can play in 2013 Id make it Kelly, but we need one of them for gepth if nothing else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman323 View Post
    Carson Palmer-13 million
    DHB-7.7million
    Big Rich-7.5 million
    tommy kelly-6.5 million

tyvone branch-6 million
    Dmac-5.8 million
    Breisel-4.3 mil
    Mclain -4 mil
    Huff-4 million.

Palmer will restructure.

The red indicated players that WILL be cut.
    I really think Breisel is garbage

vCash
    SK-I read somewhere the hit on Carson is 6mil after the restructure. Either way, there is a 5-6mik hit if we cut him. It's not so much taking on the contract of a guy like Smith, as it is freeing up 13mil in 2014 if he's not in RM's plans.

vCash
    I would add our punter to this list

No sense in paying your punter big $$$ unless you are a defensive powerhouse looking for a ring. Love ya Lechler, but it's time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    DHB has been payed most of his guarenteed money, he will cost us 4 million a year for 2013 and 2014 to cut, but I would think the alternative in paying him around 8 million a season for those two years is unlikely.
    I thought guaranteed money was spread out evenly throughout the life of the contract (in terms of cap hit), but if the player was cut, he counts for whatever is left from the guaranteed money that season.

So if DHB has a guaranteed 4mil in '13 and '14, he would count for 8mil vs the cap next year if he was to be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Guys palmer will not restructure, he already has 5 million guarenteed for 2013 from this years restructure.I mean MAYBE hell bring it down to 10 million, but hes not going to give up too much, hes not a young guy...maybe 8 at the most.

Mccalin is gone he will cost us 4 million this year to get rid of.
    Breisel i think we should cut as he is not guarenteed at all and has not played well.
    Tommy kelly and Rich seymour have no guarenteed money in 2013,
    But i would caution those of you that lay all the blame on their shoulders. Run defense is and has always been about your Linebackers.
    Our consist of a rookie, a mid level FA playing really well, and a piece of crap Mike, who is most responsible for the problem.

Cutting both our DTs just creates another problem to address.I would cut one, if seymours knees are done then I would make it him. If he can play in 2013 Id make it Kelly, but we need one of them for gepth if nothing else.
    You're probably right about Palmer, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I remember him saying how he's not money hungry, that he's saved up over 10mil, so he's not playing for money. He could be a guy like Tom Brady or Larry Fitz that take paycuts so that other players can sign with the team.

I think we need new DTs. They were productive in the old "meet at the QB" scheme, but now that they've got other duties, they have not performed. We can be getting Seymour's 15 tackles and 3 sacks plus Kelly's 26 tackles combined from one guy who got paid less than half than one of them. But truly it's not all about the stats- they don't use up linemen to allow the LBs to make a play. If they don't make plays themselves, and they don't enable to LBs to make plays, then what good are they?
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast