Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

If Brook Lopez could stay healthy, Nets could be #2 seed, but...

... he just can't and won't stay healthy. I am a Knick fan, but I have a huge amount of respect for this Nets team, and even think a HEALTHY Nets team could be the 2nd best team in the conference, ahead of my Knicks.

Having said that, I posted this last year, and want to post it again: Brook Lopez can't stay healthy. His body structure can't support his mass, and that's why you will see tons of ankle sprains, strains, stress fractures, breaks, etc... It's a tragedy, since he is now signed to a max deal, but I am sorry to say he won't stay healthy.

When you guys beat us the other night, you looked like the stronger, more physical, and more dominating team, and it scared me. But a healthy Lopez is an absolute necessity for this team, and I am afraid his injuries will get worse and worse, and be your demise....

- tfy

PS Gerald Wallace is also an absolute beast, and could be one of the top 30 players in the NBA if he didn't get hurt all the time as well.... If these two could somehow stay healthy, it would be huge, but Truth Frees You doesn't see it....

vCash
    yeah Im worried about Lopez as well they are saying its unrelated, but I have a hard time believing it and anytime they say he will miss x amount of games he always misses more. I have a feeling he will be out for weeks. This guy really needs to commit himself to the gym with that injury he should have bulked up hes already slow so the mass wouldn't slow him down in my opinion. He clearly needs to add weight in his legs

vCash
    Lopez is the most important scorer for this team. Unfortunately that is bad when he indeed is so injury prone. People talk about his first three years but that is the past.

vCash
    They said the same thing last year, making fans believe it was just a normal sprain then he ended up being gone for the rest of the season...

vCash
    I just wish they didn't max him out.... but I guess they had the itch to spend once they walked away from Howard... i guess we can just hope i'm wrong here, and Lopez somehow becomes durable, but i'm not optimistic, and rarely wrong

vCash
    I'm not buying Brook being injury prone. Too small a sample size to say that imo. Marshon has missed games...Crash has missed games...Deron missed games last year. Are they all injury prone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    I'm not buying Brook being injury prone. Too small a sample size to say that imo. Marshon has missed games...Crash has missed games...Deron missed games last year. Are they all injury prone?
    For Crash YES he is injury prone he has been injured for a lot of his career due to the way he plays. I can take him being injured because he plays so hard. Deron since joining the Nets has been extremely injury prone and hasn't even played a string of 5-10 healthy games he always has a nagging injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    For Crash YES he is injury prone he has been injured for a lot of his career due to the way he plays. I can take him being injured because he plays so hard. Deron since joining the Nets has been extremely injury prone and hasn't even played a string of 5-10 healthy games he always has a nagging injury.
    Crash and Deron can be fixed. I am afraid about Lopez. Yao Ming style.

vCash
    I hope we make a move for Pau Gasol. Love Lopez but his foot scares me

vCash
    Funny I'm actually watching Brook on the Association BK Nets right now...and I too am a Knicks fan
    Last edited by Nycbball08; 12-05-2012 at 06:35 PM.

vCash
    They need to trade him already. I am sick of watching him with bated breath hoping his foot does not crack again.

Trade him while his value is high because if this injury persists nobody while offer much for him and i do not think he is the C this team needs anyway; not if we are ever to get past MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ee View Post
    They said the same thing last year, making fans believe it was just a normal sprain then he ended up being gone for the rest of the season...
    The difference is last year they had to hide it for trade purposes.. they had to be very careful about what was leaked. This year they are being careful about their players. Don't get me wrong I think he is injury prone.. I just think the Nets are being extra cautious
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    I dont think they were trying to hide the injury last year thats all speculation he came back last year and got hurt again. That foot is definitely not good you can tell the way it was wrapped. I noticed his jumpshot and freethrow shooting have also declined with this injury

vCash
    the worst is that he never got injured in his first three years. he was too lanky and then I hoped he could bulk up without losing his soft touch. his body could not sustain the bulking up apparently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whomewhome View Post
    The difference is last year they had to hide it for trade purposes.. they had to be very careful about what was leaked. This year they are being careful about their players. Don't get me wrong I think he is injury prone.. I just think the Nets are being extra cautious
    Give a guy a chance to make his worried post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast