Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York City / East Hampton
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    1500

    If Brook Lopez could stay healthy, Nets could be #2 seed, but...

    ... he just can't and won't stay healthy. I am a Knick fan, but I have a huge amount of respect for this Nets team, and even think a HEALTHY Nets team could be the 2nd best team in the conference, ahead of my Knicks.

    Having said that, I posted this last year, and want to post it again: Brook Lopez can't stay healthy. His body structure can't support his mass, and that's why you will see tons of ankle sprains, strains, stress fractures, breaks, etc... It's a tragedy, since he is now signed to a max deal, but I am sorry to say he won't stay healthy.

    When you guys beat us the other night, you looked like the stronger, more physical, and more dominating team, and it scared me. But a healthy Lopez is an absolute necessity for this team, and I am afraid his injuries will get worse and worse, and be your demise....

    - tfy

    PS Gerald Wallace is also an absolute beast, and could be one of the top 30 players in the NBA if he didn't get hurt all the time as well.... If these two could somehow stay healthy, it would be huge, but Truth Frees You doesn't see it....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,909
    vCash
    1500
    yeah Im worried about Lopez as well they are saying its unrelated, but I have a hard time believing it and anytime they say he will miss x amount of games he always misses more. I have a feeling he will be out for weeks. This guy really needs to commit himself to the gym with that injury he should have bulked up hes already slow so the mass wouldn't slow him down in my opinion. He clearly needs to add weight in his legs

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,361
    vCash
    1500
    Lopez is the most important scorer for this team. Unfortunately that is bad when he indeed is so injury prone. People talk about his first three years but that is the past.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,693
    vCash
    1500
    They said the same thing last year, making fans believe it was just a normal sprain then he ended up being gone for the rest of the season...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York City / East Hampton
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    1500
    I just wish they didn't max him out.... but I guess they had the itch to spend once they walked away from Howard... i guess we can just hope i'm wrong here, and Lopez somehow becomes durable, but i'm not optimistic, and rarely wrong

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    1,555
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ee View Post
    They said the same thing last year, making fans believe it was just a normal sprain then he ended up being gone for the rest of the season...
    The difference is last year they had to hide it for trade purposes.. they had to be very careful about what was leaked. This year they are being careful about their players. Don't get me wrong I think he is injury prone.. I just think the Nets are being extra cautious
    BEAT THE KNICKS

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,693
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Whomewhome View Post
    The difference is last year they had to hide it for trade purposes.. they had to be very careful about what was leaked. This year they are being careful about their players. Don't get me wrong I think he is injury prone.. I just think the Nets are being extra cautious
    Give a guy a chance to make his worried post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,066
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not buying Brook being injury prone. Too small a sample size to say that imo. Marshon has missed games...Crash has missed games...Deron missed games last year. Are they all injury prone?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    I'm not buying Brook being injury prone. Too small a sample size to say that imo. Marshon has missed games...Crash has missed games...Deron missed games last year. Are they all injury prone?
    For Crash YES he is injury prone he has been injured for a lot of his career due to the way he plays. I can take him being injured because he plays so hard. Deron since joining the Nets has been extremely injury prone and hasn't even played a string of 5-10 healthy games he always has a nagging injury.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,361
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    For Crash YES he is injury prone he has been injured for a lot of his career due to the way he plays. I can take him being injured because he plays so hard. Deron since joining the Nets has been extremely injury prone and hasn't even played a string of 5-10 healthy games he always has a nagging injury.
    Crash and Deron can be fixed. I am afraid about Lopez. Yao Ming style.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    873
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    For Crash YES he is injury prone he has been injured for a lot of his career due to the way he plays. I can take him being injured because he plays so hard. Deron since joining the Nets has been extremely injury prone and hasn't even played a string of 5-10 healthy games he always has a nagging injury.
    So are you saying that D-Will is injury prone 'cause he plays with nagging injuries? I am guessing that 75% + of the NBA is injury prone.

    As for Brook Lopez we can speculate all we want 'bout this. It is almost identical to the Richard Jefferson situation. Everyone wanted to say he was injury prone. If I remember correctly I don't think he end up missing an injury prone amount of games throughout his career.
    Ballin-

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin-Shhhh View Post
    So are you saying that D-Will is injury prone 'cause he plays with nagging injuries? I am guessing that 75% + of the NBA is injury prone.

    As for Brook Lopez we can speculate all we want 'bout this. It is almost identical to the Richard Jefferson situation. Everyone wanted to say he was injury prone. If I remember correctly I don't think he end up missing an injury prone amount of games throughout his career.
    No his production has suffered because of these injuries. He hasn't been healthy since joining the nets and his fg % shows this. If you dont think hes been injury prone since joining the nets you have to be crazy
    Last edited by Rique; 12-07-2012 at 11:14 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    873
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    No his production has suffered because of these injuries. He hasn't been healthy since joining the nets and his fg % shows this. If you dont think hes been injury prone since joining the nets you have to be crazy
    Like I said to you before, I am guess, but 75% or maybe I should have said a good majority of NBA players play with nagging injuries constantly. By your standards that means a good portion of NBA is injury prone. I don't want to hear excuses that he is not effiecient 'cause of an injury. He needs to suck it up and do better like a lot of people have. There is no reason he should be shooting this poorly regardless of injuries.
    Ballin-

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,254
    vCash
    1500
    I hope we make a move for Pau Gasol. Love Lopez but his foot scares me

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,672
    vCash
    1500
    Funny I'm actually watching Brook on the Association BK Nets right now...and I too am a Knicks fan
    Last edited by Nycbball08; 12-05-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •