Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Our defense has been God Awful without Lopez

Because Deron's matador defense and Hump looks like the special olympics on defense. Gerald Wallace is also clearly not washed up

vCash
    people underrate lopez on defense.... his pnr defense is suspecttttttt but people are starting to think twice about driving to the hoop when hes on the floor
    [

vCash
    but lopez is HORRIBLE on defense. don't you know?

vCash
    I love how people love to jump on Lopez because of his lack of rebounding and his defense. Bottom line we are 1-4 without him and I think that shows how valuable Brook can be to a team. He's the best offensive center in the NBA and he's still a 7 footer with long arms who will make you think when you are coming down low.
    Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D2theJ View Post
    I love how people love to jump on Lopez because of his lack of rebounding and his defense. Bottom line we are 1-4 without him and I think that shows how valuable Brook can be to a team. He's the best offensive center in the NBA and he's still a 7 footer with long arms who will make you think when you are coming down low.
    I think the guy above you was being sarcastic
    [

vCash
    Offense sucks too. This team is terrible without Brook Lopez. I couldn't believe Deron was getting MVP considerations he has been one of the most overrated players in NBA since joining the Nets. In Utah he was great as a Net he hasn't done much aside from his 50 pt game and the game after Lin exposed him vs knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Offense sucks too. This team is terrible without Brook Lopez. I couldn't believe Deron was getting MVP considerations he has been one of the most overrated players in NBA since joining the Nets. In Utah he was great as a Net he hasn't done much aside from his 50 pt game and the game after Lin exposed him vs knicks
    deron has been god awful no denying that but I think if he changed his approach he would be a lot more efficient.... he needs to use his advantages... his post up game against other PG's is just borderline unfair but he never does it.. and they should try and run that pnr about the FT line like felton does... he would get so many open jumpers instead of relying on contested threes
    [

vCash
    It's no coincidence that we look LOST on defense without Lopez. Offensively we were fine over this 5 game stretch, it's out defense that was killing us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    It's no coincidence that we look LOST on defense without Lopez. Offensively we were fine over this 5 game stretch, it's out defense that was killing us.
    our 2nd unit offense has been terrible with blatche having to start
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    our 2nd unit offense has been terrible with blatche having to start
    That's why I've been amazed that Avery hasn't plugged Marshon into the 2nd unit for offensive purposes.

Last night he got a lot of time with the starters, which is good, but having him fill Blatche's role on the 2nd unit seems like a no-brainer.

Or if Avery doesn't want to go that way - then he should go small to start games and leave Blatche on the bench until Lopez returns. But watching CJ, Bogans, Stack and Tele trying to score is pathetic.
    Scott Stevens: "Luck is a combination of hard work and perseverance, I tend to think that I make my own luck"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by imagesrdecievin View Post
    That's why I've been amazed that Avery hasn't plugged Marshon into the 2nd unit for offensive purposes.
    Same here. It was ridiculous seeing Joe Johnson play with the second unit against Golden State. Somebody in the organization needs to tell Avery he should find a way to play Brooks period. Whether it's only 10 minutes a night, he needs to play him. Stack, Bogans, Childress are all decent bench players but Brooks is the only one who can make a difference for the Nets in the future. If Avery is trying to save the day by winning as much as possible now with defensive veterans off the bench he should just **** off. I'd rather lose 5-6 more games but win a 15+ point scorer. And not playing Brooks when the leading scorer is out is just, like I said, ridiculous.

vCash
    I think the Humphries 2 year 24 mil was such a waste. I hope we can find a way to package him and MarShon for a really nice PF

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov