Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    and that's the rest of the story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    Michael Young has little trade value, and nelson Cruz could get a decent prospect I'd believe. If you took the prospect from the Cruz trade and packaged him with Profar, perhaps it would work to get Shields.
    profar for shields?

oh ha ha ha ha ha ha

vCash
    So can Upton play CF? If not I'm assuming the 2013 Rangers OF (if they get Upton of course) would look like Upton in LF, Gentry or Martin in CF, and Cruz in RF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    So can Upton play CF? If not I'm assuming the 2013 Rangers OF (if they get Upton of course) would look like Upton in LF, Gentry or Martin in CF, and Cruz in RF.
    Upton could play center, but he would be below league average.

His speed isn't enough, and he would also likely take some time re-learning the position to get the right breaks on balls.

But his arm would be way above average for the position.

He would likely be a -6 to a -10 defensive CFer, while a slightly positive defensive right fielder for years to come.

He is built for right field though. Above average speed with a cannon of an arm.

I would put Cruz in left instead of Upton personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Don't forget Murphy in LF. I imagine with the excess of OF'ers they'd DH one of them when he needs a break.

vCash
    With McCarthy in the D'Backs rotation for next season alongside Kennedy, Hudson, Miley and Cahill the possibility of a trade centered around Bauer or Skaggs seems much more likely now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rangersfan View Post
    Don't forget Murphy in LF. I imagine with the excess of OF'ers they'd DH one of them when he needs a break.
    Between Upton, Gentry/Martin, and Cruz, Murphy is the odd man out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456