Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Martin was never as highly touted as Trout was. Without checking, I think Martin barely cracked the top 100 prospect list while of course Trout was either 1 or 2 depending on who you ask.
    you seem really low on Martin... He put up a 1.033 OPS in AAA last year... He is gonna be a good player for someone...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Look at how Mike Trout performed in his first 135 PAs.
    Look how 99% of rookies do. I'm saying that it would've helped his value, not that he will or wont be good ever.

vCash
    I just don't understand why the Dbacks would trade for Pennington if they want a SS still.

vCash
    Hmm, interesting. And apparently the Royals are involved now. I could see the deal being something like:

Rangers Get: Justin Upton

D'Backs Get: Asdrubal Cabrera and James Shields

Indians Get: Trevor Bauer/Tyler Skaggs, Mitch Moreland/Mike Olt, John McDonald/Cliff Pennington

Rays Get: Mike Olt/Mitch Moreland, Wil Myers

Royals Get: Derek Holland
    The funniest part of this is how the Indians get Bauer AND Olt for just Asdrubal Cabrera. Where did this gross misconception of how good Asdrubal Cabrera is come from?

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Cabrera has never even OPSed over .800, **** the hype.

vCash
    I think the best (and only) way something ends up happening here would be if it's just a 3 team thing between AZ-CLE-TEX and is like, AZ getting Asdrubal and Olt, TEX getting Upton, CLE getting Holland and Chafin. That's not too bad IMO. And I realize I'm just making things up, but I think that's not a terrible deal for any of the 3, except maybe AZ, but it seems they're down on J-Up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    I think the best (and only) way something ends up happening here would be if it's just a 3 team thing between AZ-CLE-TEX and is like, AZ getting Asdrubal and Olt, TEX getting Upton, CLE getting Holland and Chafin. That's not too bad IMO. And I realize I'm just making things up, but I think that's not a terrible deal for any of the 3, except maybe AZ, but it seems they're down on J-Up.
    Upton for Olt/Holland doesnt seem to bad for Texas

vCash
    thats not bad for AZ at all IMO. Even both are only 3 WAR players theyre both very young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    thats not bad for AZ at all IMO. Even both are only 3 WAR players theyre both very young.
    Depends what you think of Upton. If you think he's a 4-5 win RF than yeah. If you think he's a 6-7 win one, then they lose.

vCash
    Depends what you think of Upton. If you think he's a 4-5 win RF than yeah. If you think he's a 6-7 win one, then they lose.
    If you think of Upton as a 6-7 WAR player, then you should probably think of Cabrera being a 4-5 WAR guy and Olt around the same. I think any team would be lucky to have Upton though.

vCash
    Okay they also give up Davis and Hellickson.
    Last edited by mgsports; 12-05-2012 at 05:27 PM.

vCash
    Hmm, interesting. And apparently the Royals are involved now. I could see the deal being something like:

Rangers Get: Justin Upton

D'Backs Get: Asdrubal Cabrera and James Shields

Indians Get: Trevor Bauer/Tyler Skaggs, Mitch Moreland/Mike Olt, John McDonald/Cliff Pennington

Rays Get: Mike Olt/Mitch Moreland, Wil Myers

Royals Get: Derek Holland
    The funniest part of this is how the Indians get Bauer AND Olt for just Asdrubal Cabrera. Where did this gross misconception of how good Asdrubal Cabrera is come from?
    I don't view him as that good, but the market for shortstops is inflated.

vCash
    You've all just been ninja'd. AA just acquired all of the players being talked about for a pair of Alomar's old cleats.

vCash
    HOW IN THE HELL is Cabrera getting this much hype.. Now I hear they want ANOTHER pitcher from AZ. if im Kevin Towers I laugh in their face and hang up the phone..I swear kevin towers is out to destroy this team.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4ESkVmxCzCA/TJgFFqxdhmI/AAAAAAAAACQ/yEaxqznjzxc/s1600/anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen.jpg
    Diamondbacks
    Tampa Bucs
    PHX Suns
    Coyotes
    kyle MMA record 1-0

vCash
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...n-upton-trade/

Mariners could be 4th team. Guy speculated we want Holland, which doesn't make sense. Take a #3/4 starter while helping our rivals get a star?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast