Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    538
    vCash
    1500
    The one thing that seems to be evident, is that the Heats defensive intensity is way down from last year. Now the question is, are they not as good this year defensively or are they just saving it up for when it counts at the end of the year?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,014
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    The only thing the regular season is good for is to establish seeding. After that, none of us know what can happen.
    So why is it that its usually a top seeded team that wins the chip? yeah they still gotta play out conference finals & finals game but we all have an idea of which teams will likely participate based on a TEAMS RECORD
    The Future is Now

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,014
    vCash
    1500
    My theory on the Heat is it is &or was only a matter of time before guards start getting tired of banging down low with real bigs. Maybe with the exception of Bron cause he's a freak of nature, but even still he has to provide xtra energy every night in order to bang out, moreso than he would have to had they had a real big. thank god they didnt get Chandler!
    The Future is Now

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    24,045
    vCash
    1500
    Heat are coasting and they are expecting themselves to turn it up once the playoffs start. Mavs did the same thing after winning, Dirk came in in awful shape. The sense of urgency goes away once you win it all. They were men on a mission last year after losing in the finals and after winning, they are polar opposites.

    Most teams do this after winning a chip. Thing is, no guarantee once you coast for that long that you can ever turn it up - you get too accustomed to coasting. Teams that had it turned up all season can take you out (see '11 Mavs sweeping Lakers). Thats what we need to hope for. Theres a reason championship teams almost never repeat.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Heat are coasting and they are expecting themselves to turn it up once the playoffs start. Mavs did the same thing after winning, Dirk came in in awful shape. The sense of urgency goes away once you win it all. They were men on a mission last year after losing in the finals and after winning, they are polar opposites.

    Most teams do this after winning a chip. Thing is, no guarantee once you coast for that long that you can ever turn it up - you get too accustomed to coasting. Teams that had it turned up all season can take you out (see '11 Mavs sweeping Lakers). Thats what we need to hope for. Theres a reason championship teams almost never repeat.
    I believe that there just not as good defensively. Not with Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis getting minutes.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,605
    vCash
    1500
    Cats are better than Wizards. Having said that any team can get beat on any given night by the worst team in the NBA. It happens and has happened to the Knicks for the last couple of years playing Cleveland who are playing better this year. I think the Knicks are right up there with the Heat. Knicks need to clog the lane and not let Wade and Lebron get layups or penetrate. Make them jump shooters and cover Lewis and Allen outside. Truth is the Heat have 2 superstars and the Knicks have one. Knicks need Amare at full strength and even without him it is a close matchup.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    24,045
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    I believe that there just not as good defensively. Not with Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis getting minutes.
    I agree, but you don't go from first to last defensively because of 2 bench players, regardless of their quality of defense. They are definitely coasting. The sense of urgency is gone.

    I think winning those 4 games on last second shots from Ray spoiled them. They think they can get to that point any game and still win. Even their fans think that way. I was in their forum during the Nuggets game, down 3 in the final seconds and they were all like 'oh well, were gonna tie it and win in overtime'. And than they get a 4 point play and win in regulation.

    You get the sense they think they can coast and win it at the end regardless. Eventually those desperation 3s aren't going to be there.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    vCash
    1500
    Well, according to SA Smith, the Heat were looking past the Washington game and thinking about the Knicks. That's fine n all but with the Knicks three point guards, they will always be tuff for the Heat to handle because of the ball movement we get when they trap and leave shooters open. Just feel that these Knicks are built to beat the Heat.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    If we lose to bobcats tomorrow, can we say the same thing for us? Heat losing to the wizards doesn't mean anything expect they are bored...
    i disagree, they've been struggling against some of the weaker teams buck, cavs, wizards. they have trouble defending the paint and they are 29th in the league in rebounds per game, front court is an issue for the heat. also, heat's defense isn't at the same level it was at last season as they allow 100ppg. maybe they lost because they were bored, but you can't ignore the facts.
    GO NY GO NY GO

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    967
    vCash
    1500
    I think this is a ridiculous thread cause for the record any team can beat anyone on a given night. Some of us might forget but these guys are pro's and are where they are for a reason. Now winning a 7 game series is a completely different animal.

    Good and great teams can lose to a bad team It's not a big deal, like I said they're pros and guys got to the league for a reason, and being a star or superstar means your consistent every night, but don't think these average guys can't put together a few great games and beat some of the leagues best because they can, just not consistently.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    531
    vCash
    1500
    When you stop playing scared in the NBA your chances increases to winning! I don't see alot of teams scared to play the Heat anymore!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kartyea View Post
    I think this is a ridiculous thread cause for the record any team can beat anyone on a given night. Some of us might forget but these guys are pro's and are where they are for a reason. Now winning a 7 game series is a completely different animal.

    Good and great teams can lose to a bad team It's not a big deal, like I said they're pros and guys got to the league for a reason, and being a star or superstar means your consistent every night, but don't think these average guys can't put together a few great games and beat some of the leagues best because they can, just not consistently.
    This thread is not ridiculous. If the Knicks have come into their own and are playing the best basketball in the east, then let that be what it is. When the playoffs come around, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. But right now, I'm not gonna deprive anything this organization has managed to accomplish, just because the Heat don't have their act together.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    745
    vCash
    1500
    Heat are 29th in rebounding!!! that's a very significant ''issue''
    GO NY GO NY GO

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    507
    vCash
    1500
    We Have The best team In The Eastern Conference ... Miami got a cheated championship with a bad team last year cause they cheated us in game 1 then all the events happened after ...they played an overrated pacer team that actually forced them to 6 games and they played a mediocre Celtic team that went to 7 games then they cheated OKC In that game 2 which wouldve broke miami ... the Nets and Miami should be fighting for second when Amare and Shump gets back and we're at full strength ...around March, April

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    5,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    I've watched every Knicks game so far this season and I've watched a lot of the Heat's games too... And from what I'm seeing, there is a reason why the Knicks blew them out in that first meeting. The Heat have managed to win games against the the bottom feeders and the Nets, but they don't look dominant to me. Then losing to the Wizards without Wall while the Heat have their super stars on the court is very alarming. You guys tell me what y'all think...
    There a different beast in the playoffs don't be fooled by how they play in the regular season just ask Chicago

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •