Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    the heat were dogging it last night....the heat are a better team because we aren't at full strength yet...better believe they will be up for the NY game and will come out on fire early...we are gonna have to weather the storm early...rebound...close out on ray ray and Lewis...rebound...limit one of the big three to a below average game...rebound...hit all open shots and rebound...
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Do you really want to make this thread after the embarrassing *** whipping they gave us in the post season?

Wait till the playoffs to make these kinda statements.

melo played 1 on 5 in the playoffs lets be honest. Except for game 4 where he got help and look what happend.

vCash
    Its not just the Wiz game. They were a desperation Ray Allen three in the final seconds from losing to Cavs, Nuggets, Rockets, and the Spurs bench. They are not the same team. Time will tell if they are coasting of this gimmick position-less basketball is the problem. Teams are lighting up their interior D and in order to play Shuttlesworth with the big 3, you are either playing without a PG or without a C.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    melo played 1 on 5 in the playoffs lets be honest. Except for game 4 where he got help and look what happend.
    We still need to beat them in the playoffs before we can say we are better, but I agree this team is nothing like the playoff team. We have much better PG play, depth up front and veteran savvy. Also two more stud wing defenders who each have a history of guarding Wade and LeBron extremely well (Kidd and Brew).
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    I think you're reading too much into a single game, WAY too early in the season.

We got blown out 131-103 by the Rockets.
    Miami lost to the Wizards (who played OUT of their minds).

Good teams don't go 82-0, even if it was against the Wizards.

They're the defending Champions and until we get closer to the all star break, or we are significantly ahead in the standings in win percentage, I'm NOT going to underestimate the Heat.

Heat are still the Favorites until they show that they aren't.
    I'm okay with this but you went back and forth with me over the same opponent because you hold the Knicks to such high standards and no way they should lose even if they play the bench?

Here's just one of about 5 posts we had discussions on: if it doesn't apply to Miami why to our Knicks?

torocan
    Hall Of Fame Join Date: Feb 2012

I smell Trap game!

Watch out, the Wizards are on a Roll. 1-0 in their last 1 games. That's a 100% win rate!

Seriously, the Knicks should be ashamed if they pulled a Popovich, rested the entire starting line up, and played the bench and d-league scrubs for 48 minutes and managed to lose this game...

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Guys who claim to watch the Heat and say they had an off night?

It was a typical Heat game, the Heats big three put up their number, Wade had even better than norm. Lebron was a Triple double and then some, Bosh was Bosh.

The Heats problem is Ray has not been Ray, many here and around the NBA get all over our age but don't look at the Heats main 6th man's age?

Ray has been off more than on, and the Heats bench production as been nothing more than average at best.

Even without our two starters, the Knicks are deeper, and I say that at this point of the season based on the production of guys like Sheed, JR, Kidd, Pablo, Novak and even Cope to some degree.

And Washington did not play out of this world, whoever said that did not watch the game, they were simply better than their play this season which isn't saying much, but out of this world? Not even good?

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    From watching this year, Miami isn't as dominant as they were last year. IMO, it's cause a lot of the teams have lessened the gap between them talent wise. We could definitely beat them in a playoff series now if we keep going the way we're going. I think that we matchup best with them out of all the teams in the East

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Its not just the Wiz game. They were a desperation Ray Allen three in the final seconds from losing to Cavs, Nuggets, Rockets, and the Spurs bench. They are not the same team. Time will tell if they are coasting of this gimmick position-less basketball is the problem. Teams are lighting up their interior D and in order to play Shuttlesworth with the big 3, you are either playing without a PG or without a C.
    The only way I see them getting back to what they were doing last year, is to not play Ray Allen. He's hurting them just as much as he's helping them. His defense is god awful! And them playing Bosh at center leaves the paint without a protector. I can't wait to play them on Thursday, if they play the defense that they've been playing, they will get blown out again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Guys who claim to watch the Heat and say they had an off night?

It was a typical Heat game, the Heats big three put up their number, Wade had even better than norm. Lebron was a Triple double and then some, Bosh was Bosh.

The Heats problem is Ray has not been Ray, many here and around the NBA get all over our age but don't look at the Heats main 6th man's age?

Ray has been off more than on, and the Heats bench production as been nothing more than average at best.

Even without our two starters, the Knicks are deeper, and I say that at this point of the season based on the production of guys like Sheed, JR, Kidd, Pablo, Novak and even Cope to some degree.

And Washington did not play out of this world, whoever said that did not watch the game, they were simply better than their play this season which isn't saying much, but out of this world? Not even good?
    This post was spot on! Ray Allen is a big culprit as well as D-wade, he's not looking like a superstar at all. I don't believe in that coasting crap, they have new personnel and don't have the same cohesion that they've had in previous years.

vCash
    I think with the Heat because they are a little older and more veteran laden, they are preserving themselves for a last season push. They are not going to kill themselves in the first part of the regular season..Celtics have done this, Spurs have and are doing it, even the Knicks to some degree within games just seem like they turn it on when they have to in the 4th. we'll all see the real heat later in the year and perhaps this thursday. (but as a knicks fan, i hope will still beat them).

If more Knicks players had the heart of John Starks, we'd have more rings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    I think with the Heat because they are a little older and more veteran laden, they are preserving themselves for a last season push. They are not going to kill themselves in the first part of the regular season..Celtics have done this, Spurs have and are doing it, even the Knicks to some degree within games just seem like they turn it on when they have to in the 4th. we'll all see the real heat later in the year and perhaps this thursday. (but as a knicks fan, i hope will still beat them).
    Well I don't believe that Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and Chris Bosh have another gear defensively. As long as those guys are playing big minutes, the Heat will continue to look defensively challenged. Not a good recipe when playing this Knicks team with all the shooters we have.

vCash
    Two seasons ago, I think the Bulls either swept the Heat or lost only once to them in the regular season. The Heat turned it up in the playoffs and took them out.

The only thing the regular season is good for is to establish seeding. After that, none of us know what can happen.

vCash
    I'm in Miami so I catch many of their games on tv. While I don't think that they are as dominant as they were last year, I do believe that the Heat have a certain swagger about them where they believe that they can turn on the burners when they need to and get the win. Their arrogance just might be their achilles heel this year!

vCash
    Defending Champs are the best until they're bumped out of the playoffs. That's how I see it.

Ron Paul 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Styles View Post
    Defending Champs are the best until they're bumped out of the playoffs. That's how I see it.
    Well it's gonna feel really good to spank the best on their home floor Thursday. That ain't the same team that one the chip last year... They've added to very bad defenders to their rotation.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast