Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    vCash
    1500

    Miami a better team than the Knicks?? I don't think so.

    I've watched every Knicks game so far this season and I've watched a lot of the Heat's games too... And from what I'm seeing, there is a reason why the Knicks blew them out in that first meeting. The Heat have managed to win games against the the bottom feeders and the Nets, but they don't look dominant to me. Then losing to the Wizards without Wall while the Heat have their super stars on the court is very alarming. You guys tell me what y'all think...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,554
    vCash
    1500
    If we lose to bobcats tomorrow, can we say the same thing for us? Heat losing to the wizards doesn't mean anything expect they are bored...

    It's party time!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    If we lose to bobcats tomorrow, can we say the same thing for us? Heat losing to the wizards doesn't mean anything expect they are bored...
    Your right, but if you've been watching their games up until now, you'd see where I'm coming from.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cinci... Jersey Raised
    Posts
    2,704
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    Your right, but if you've been watching their games up until now, you'd see where I'm coming from.
    You're not wrong. They haven't looked great and at times it does seem to be either lack of motivation or championship hangover. Their size is also a huge issue (which is why we need to utilize our size as a strength because that is where you beat Miami). Its just too early to talk about this - lets revisit after Thursday night. We have had some bad losses as well - Dallas and the Rockets and our D hasn't really been the same since. We will know a lot about our team in the next 2 weeks. Tough schedule and you can't say we are just riding an early season energy.

    You aren't wrong and it really doesn't have to do with last nights loss (I didn't even watch last night so I couldn't say if it was just a bad team shooting well for 1 game which happens, or if the Heat were bad).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    If we lose to bobcats tomorrow, can we say the same thing for us? Heat losing to the wizards doesn't mean anything expect they are bored...
    And the Bobcats are around .500, the Wizards in my opinion will never see the .500 mark this season. But I'm looking at Miami's defense, they just don't match up well to a team like ours that shoots really well from the three. I guess we'll see soon enough but all that talk about them being better than the Knicks based off last years results should stop.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    78
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    If we lose to bobcats tomorrow, can we say the same thing for us? Heat losing to the wizards doesn't mean anything expect they are bored...
    Exxxaaactttly...

    The Heat are the Champs until someone is able to knock them out of the playoffs this year, hands down. They have the experience, talent, and firepower to win championships. Now with that said, I hate them, GO KNICKS!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    If we lose to bobcats tomorrow, can we say the same thing for us? Heat losing to the wizards doesn't mean anything expect they are bored...
    i disagree, they've been struggling against some of the weaker teams buck, cavs, wizards. they have trouble defending the paint and they are 29th in the league in rebounds per game, front court is an issue for the heat. also, heat's defense isn't at the same level it was at last season as they allow 100ppg. maybe they lost because they were bored, but you can't ignore the facts.
    GO NY GO NY GO

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Watford, England
    Posts
    2,485
    vCash
    1500
    This question can only be answered after a playoff series


    England's Number 1 Knick

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,131
    vCash
    1500
    Not saying they will, but if they beat us by 30 tomorrow you will look foolish

    #TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    Not saying they will, but if they beat us by 30 tomorrow you will look foolish
    Not really, they'll be just making up for already losing to us by 20.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    20,418
    vCash
    1187
    Lol Miami is the best team until proven other wised.
    3 time sim league Champion

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,063
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    I've watched every Knicks game so far this season and I've watched a lot of the Heat's games too... And from what I'm seeing, there is a reason why the Knicks blew them out in that first meeting. The Heat have managed to win games against the the bottom feeders and the Nets, but they don't look dominant to me. Then losing to the Wizards without Wall while the Heat have their super stars on the court is very alarming. You guys tell me what y'all think...
    I think you're reading too much into a single game, WAY too early in the season.

    We got blown out 131-103 by the Rockets.
    Miami lost to the Wizards (who played OUT of their minds).

    Good teams don't go 82-0, even if it was against the Wizards.

    They're the defending Champions and until we get closer to the all star break, or we are significantly ahead in the standings in win percentage, I'm NOT going to underestimate the Heat.

    Heat are still the Favorites until they show that they aren't.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    I think you're reading too much into a single game, WAY too early in the season.

    We got blown out 131-103 by the Rockets.
    Miami lost to the Wizards (who played OUT of their minds).

    Good teams don't go 82-0, even if it was against the Wizards.

    They're the defending Champions and until we get closer to the all star break, or we are significantly ahead in the standings in win percentage, I'm NOT going to underestimate the Heat.

    Heat are still the Favorites until they show that they aren't.

    I agree with most of your post but how about if I told you that the Knicks haven't played their best ball yet? What if I told you that the Knicks are gonna get back one of the best perimeter defenders in the game and another big man that is one of the best pick n roll players in the game to add to what they already got going?? We are not at full strength yet, but we're winning like we are.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,063
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    I agree with most of your post but how about if I told you that the Knicks haven't played their best ball yet? What if I told you that the Knicks are gonna get back one of the best perimeter defenders in the game and another big man that is one of the best pick n roll players in the game to add to what they already got going?? We are not at full strength yet, but we're winning like we are.
    I would hope that you're right.

    In the case of Miami, they did this last year too, so we Know they have a "coasting" gear that they used during the regular season, then turned it up in the post season.

    Similar case with Boston. Terrible in the first half last year, amazing in the 2nd half. You can never write them off.

    Given our lack of a track record, I *hope* that we will get better as we go and will be able to keep up with the Heat by the post season.

    On the bright side, I think we'll get into the play offs this year -- unlike previous years I'm not really worried about that. The team is strong enough that it would take a disaster to miss the play offs.

    What happens after that I have no idea. It's a long way away, Shumpert is coming back from injury, and there's no telling what our team will look like once we throw Amare back in the line up.

    I *hope* that they've found a way to make it all work. However, I've never actually seen it actually happen on the hardwood so at this point it's just *hope*. ray:

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    36,552
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    I think you're reading too much into a single game, WAY too early in the season.

    We got blown out 131-103 by the Rockets.
    Miami lost to the Wizards (who played OUT of their minds).

    Good teams don't go 82-0, even if it was against the Wizards.

    They're the defending Champions and until we get closer to the all star break, or we are significantly ahead in the standings in win percentage, I'm NOT going to underestimate the Heat.

    Heat are still the Favorites until they show that they aren't.
    I'm okay with this but you went back and forth with me over the same opponent because you hold the Knicks to such high standards and no way they should lose even if they play the bench?

    Here's just one of about 5 posts we had discussions on: if it doesn't apply to Miami why to our Knicks?

    torocan
    Hall Of Fame Join Date: Feb 2012
    Posts: 2,641

    I smell Trap game!

    Watch out, the Wizards are on a Roll. 1-0 in their last 1 games. That's a 100% win rate!

    Seriously, the Knicks should be ashamed if they pulled a Popovich, rested the entire starting line up, and played the bench and d-league scrubs for 48 minutes and managed to lose this game...



    Now I can't fly my airplane

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •